Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Hearing that universities have our results and are currently processing them makes me even more scared. ugh scared, scared, scared......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyit'sme)
    Hey guys it's me , basically i know you guys are doing A levels, i'm doing GCSE and getting mine on the 25th. I wanted to ask for your opinion on how you guys will feel if this was GCSE results day - what would your thoughts be compared to getting your A level results. I heard there's somewhat of a jump from the two and would appreciate any replies that i get. thnx.
    I admittedly wasn't as scared at GCSE. They are a big deal when you do them at the time and there's still pressure. But I only view qualifications as a sort of 'they're getting me to the next step' thing, and to get into college, I was fine with GCSEs since all I needed was 5 of them and at least Bs in Maths and English to get into college(and I don't want to sound cocky) that was pretty easily attainable for me since my lowest grade prediction was an A and I was doing 10. Although I imagine it's more pressure for Oxbridge candidates because GCSEs are more important to them as far as I'm aware...but I'm not Oxbridge material so
    At GCSE it was more curiosity than fear of results day.

Now, A Levels. Again, I only see them as the step I need to get to uni. But the difference is the requirements need you to get specific grades in ALL of your subjects. Like at GCSE, if I failed one subject, it would've been fine bc I still had 9 other GCSEs and you pretty much know a college would still take you. But I need all three of my A2 grades now for uni. At GCSE I revised pretty much the night or week before for them but A Levels has been months and months of prep for me, yet I guarantee my grades won't be anything like my GCSE grades. Like GCSE my lowest prediction for A2 is an A but if I get one A I'd honestly be incredibly surprised. If I get a B in Physics I'd be even more shocked tbh. The jump from GCSE to A Level is huge. I'm terrified for results day this year...

Good Luck with your result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milutin767)
    Biochemistry at KCL and the offer is AAB but I'm expecting ABB or even BBB..now that's not good is it? I've heard tales about people getting in at QMUL with CCD or something but never heard of leniency on behalf of KCL 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey kings might be lenient with abb if they are in clearing. I know a friend that got in for chem with abb and she needed aab.
    How do you know ppll got into qmul with ccd did it happen last year?? Qmul is my firm and i think i got a D

Hey guys it's me , basically i know you guys are doing A levels, i'm doing GCSE and getting mine on the 25th. I wanted to ask for your opinion on how you guys will feel if this was GCSE results day - what would your thoughts be compared to getting your A level results. I heard there's somewhat of a jump from the two and would appreciate any replies that i get. thnx.
    I feel like GCSE results day was something I was less worried about. On GCSE results, my main worry was hitting the B grades in the subjects I want to study at A Levels (my sixth form required that)

With A Levels though, I literally feel like my future is on the line because it really does determine if I go to uni, and which one I go to!

ReputationRep:
    Ds everywhere hopefully I get Cs instead. I'm in AS level so don't matter that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Anyone who did edexcel politics 3B/4B pls tell me your thoughts and the general consensus bc I really want to try to gauge whether we're feeling higher or lower grade boundaries this year. :emo:
    I am desperate to discuss this. :cry:
    Is 3B/4B the political ideologies one?

ReputationRep:
    I was up until about 3:45am if not 4am worrying especially considering my results are at 9am and my boyfriend's are at 11am so if he wants me there we have to do a whole lot of working out surrounding the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I was up until about 3:45am if not 4am worrying especially considering my results are at 9am and my boyfriend's are at 11am so if he wants me there we have to do a whole lot of working out surrounding the day

It is so, so, easy to just start thinking about things whilst you're trying to sleep and then all sorts. The thing I do is to watch Vine Compilations on youtube and it helps because you're focussing on something and laugh occasionally too, and eventually you feel sleepy enough to just turn off your phone (set on minimum brightness as well.. that's important) and nod straight off. I'm not saying you should watch vines as great as they are, but something else maybe that's not too long but still fun and loads of different things to watch. Or just try different things anyway, like I tried the 4-7-8 technique and didn't really get the hang of it but that's what you should try as part of the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)

It is so, so, easy to just start thinking about things whilst you're trying to sleep and then all sorts. The thing I do is to watch Vine Compilations on youtube and it helps because you're focussing on something and laugh occasionally too, and eventually you feel sleepy enough to just turn off your phone (set on minimum brightness as well.. that's important) and nod straight off. I'm not saying you should watch vines as great as they are, but something else maybe that's not too long but still fun and loads of different things to watch. Or just try different things anyway, like I tried the 4-7-8 technique and didn't really get the hang of it but that's what you should try as part of the process.
    meditation is key, the whole reason you're thinking at night is because you distracted yourself with vines and other random stuff all day so you didn't have time to reflect on your own life

ReputationRep:
    I feel much calmer than I did yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bananapeeler)
    meditation is key, the whole reason you're thinking at night is because you distracted yourself with vines and other random stuff all day so you didn't have time to reflect on your own life
    For me that's the whole reason why I don't think at night :lol: but fairs, I guess I do my 'reflecting' during the day whilst walking to work. :hide: how important it is.. I dunno. If it comes to the point where you're just 'reflecting' by reliving bad experiences or worrying about results then that's probably not good anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If I get AAA at AS what do you think my teachers will most likely predict me for A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    For me that's the whole reason why I don't think at night :lol: but fairs, I guess I do my 'reflecting' during the day whilst walking to work. :hide: how important it is.. I dunno. If it comes to the point where you're just 'reflecting' by reliving bad experiences or worrying about results then that's probably not good anyway.
    It's more calming and refreshing than focused reflection (for me), I usually meditate for 10-15 minutes just to relax - then I take a walk and think through anything I feel I should. Just meant I wasnt preoccupied about random stuff when I go to bed but thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGFakiie)
    If I get AAA at AS what do you think my teachers will most likely predict me for A2?
    Depends on the Marks i think.
    In my school if you very close to 90 or above you get predicted the A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Depends on the Marks i think.
    In my school if you very close to 90 or above you get predicted the A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    safe

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the school and teachers as well as marks. I got 192/200 in my AS Sociology and was only predicted an A (which I needed 2 mid Cs to get) because my school was new and didn't want to look bad by predicting higher than the student got...though the A and B in my other subjects will shock them when it's a C and D

ReputationRep:
    In my school how they did it was if your UMS % in AS was over 90% they would predict you an A* if it wasn't they'd predict you an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    In my school how they did it was if your UMS % in AS was over 90% they would predict you an A* if it wasn't they'd predict you an A
    If only my school were that intuitive loool our teachers defo just made it up as they went along xD

ReputationRep:
    For me, GCSE results wasn't too bad tbh, I got a little freaked out but honestly I was never in much doubt that I'd got the grades I needed for sixth form (especially as I'd taken maths in november and already had one A* under my belt).

AS results last year was worse (although with the changes I doubt this will be as bad for students in the coming years) as a) I'd decided I'd done badly in everything and b) I knew these results would affect my uni applications and like my entire future.. I ended up totally freaked out and a teacher ended up having to open the envelope for me (hilarious in hindsight as this teacher knew I'd got 4As)

This year, I'm honestly pretty chill. I messed up one exam pretty badly but, having done well in coursework, I'd need a U in it to miss my insurance offer (ABB), my other two subjects went okay so I'm a good 99.9% sure that there are only two ways results day can go for me - firm and insurance (although insurance is probably more likely). I'm happy with both unis and confident that I won't be in clearing, which has taken a lot of pressure off me tbh

However looking at some of the replies on this thread, I'm definitely one of the lucky ones and most people are decidedly not "pretty chill" about result day aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolgamer)
    Hey kings might be lenient with abb if they are in clearing. I know a friend that got in for chem with abb and she needed aab.
    How do you know ppll got into qmul with ccd did it happen last year?? Qmul is my firm and i think i got a D
    Hey, yeah my friend got in I think her offer was ABB for Biochem but she got CCD and the D was in Chemistry lol so I really don't know, you stand good chances for QMUL! What is the course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.