The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AliRizzo
More than a statement with no evidence to back it up perhaps? Keep digging a hole.

Look at RVP's world cup header. What a ball, Blind is the best playmaker in the world

strong ****ing logic
Original post by difeo
Look at RVP's world cup header. What a ball, Blind is the best playmaker in the world

strong ****ing logic

There is literally no correlation to what I said. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just upset after seeing your team get beaten by a bunch of nobody's.
Original post by democracyforum
The truth is, it is taking part that counts. Sports are about trying your best and taking part. It's not about winning or losing.

Just my thoughts.

Nah, sport is about making £££ and we have lots of it, 500m to be precise bruv. Therefore, who's really winning? Not Midtjylland.
There is literally no correlation to what I said. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just upset after seeing your team get beaten by a bunch of nobody's.

The connection (obviously) is choosing one moment as some sort of proof of a player's ability
Original post by difeo
Blind is better than Walcott though

Strong retardation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeyToSuccess
Strong retardation

Posted from TSR Mobile

has Rooney scored 30 league goals yet
Original post by difeo
The connection (obviously) is choosing one moment as some sort of proof of a player's ability

The problem lies with your initial statement. 'Blind is better than Walcott'. What does that even mean, like in what way is he better? How can we judge if they play completely different positions? The only judgment I can make is from watching them play against each other, and when that happened Walcott left Blind behind and was able to make a decisive pass in the box which led to the goal, Blind obviously didn't do his job.

How else am I supposed to interpret that kind of statement, other than choosing a moment when they're pitted against each other?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
has Rooney scored 30 league goals yet

Scenes when I said 30 in all comps and he likely would've reached it if he didn't get injured!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The problem lies with your initial statement. 'Blind is better than Walcott'. What does that even mean, like in what way is he better? How can we judge if they play completely different positions? The only judgment I can make is from watching them play against each other, and when that happened Walcott left Blind behind and was able to make a decisive pass in the box which led to the goal, Blind obviously didn't do his job.

How else am I supposed to interpret that kind of statement, other than choosing a moment when they're pitted against each other?

So by your logic we have no idea whether Messi is better than Ashley Williams. There's obviously ways to compare players other than the rare occasion when they play each other ffs

brb Walcott is better than Blind based on that one moment
brb Blind is better than Messi based on keeping a clean sheet in the WC semi
Walcott > Messi confirmed
Original post by difeo
So by your logic we have no idea whether Messi is better than Ashley Williams. There's obviously ways to compare players other than the rare occasion when they play each other ffs

brb Walcott is better than Blind based on that one moment
brb Blind is better than Messi based on keeping a clean sheet in the WC semi
Walcott > Messi confirmed

OR we can base them on the occasion where we HAVE seen them play against each other, the last case being Walcott ruining Blind. How can you say Blind is better when the only time we saw them play against each other Walcott ruined him? Messi has played against Cech several times but has failed to score on every occasion. I think it's fair to say Cech has his number.
(edited 8 years ago)
OR we can base them on the occasion where we HAVE seen them play against each other, the last case being Walcott ruining Blind. How can you say Blind is better when the only time we saw them play against each other Walcott ruined him? Messi has played against Cech several times but has failed to score on every occasion. I think it's fair to say Cech has his number.

Because you're judging their entire ability based on 1 game of hundreds in their career?
Original post by difeo
strong overreaction in this thread
we'll smash them 3-0 at home

Nah no over reaction, that match was a travesty in every sense of the word. I'd say the reaction was well deserved.

I do reckon we can win at home though.
Are we gonna act like Walcott isn't better than Blind anyway, considering the latter is ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
Because you're judging their entire ability based on 1 game of hundreds in their career?

See what KeyToSuccess said.
See what KeyToSuccess said.

Well if KeyToSuccess said it then it must be true

This is just nonsense. A top player like Balotelli is available, and where are we in the market? Ed Woodward is a **** I'm so done with everything right now. Why hasn't he made a move? Liverpool are getting another world class player amongst their ranks- they've already signed Lambert, Lallana and Lovren, 3 world class ready made premier league players for bargain prices and are getting another world class player in Balotelli meanwhile Ed Woodward is on a beach in Dubai polishing a sand turd. It's just unbelievable
Original post by difeo

You are insanely weird. I agree with what he said, does that mean I agree with everything he has ever said?! Blind is shite, accept it.
Original post by difeo

Look where we are in the league!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look where we are in the league!!!Posted from TSR Mobile
strong relevance

You are insanely weird. I agree with what he said, does that mean I agree with everything he has ever said?! Blind is shite, accept it.

That post was more about reking KTS than anything else, as this is clearly a pointless conversation
Original post by difeo
strong relevance

It is considering I was criticising our transfer policy which lo and behold has revealed itself to suck dick.

Tbh not sure what's got me more angry, the result or the fact Kenan insinuated Drogba was stocky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is considering I was criticising our transfer policy which lo and behold has revealed itself to suck dick.

Tbh not sure what's got me more angry, the result or the fact Kenan insinuated Drogba was stocky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

u called Lambert a world class player
Kenan is a racist, all black players are stocky and look like Drogba!!

Our signings have been fine, it's the amount of defensive injuries that's ****ed us over

Latest