Turn on thread page Beta

On having big boobs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportykitty)
    why post this? I have big boobs to but no need to complain with no point xxx
    Um... because I could?
    :lol: thanks for the input, v. valuable

If you feel that having breast reduction surgery would be the right option for you then go for it. It's a shame that the NHS won't fund it since your boobs are clearly doing more harm than good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Every single time. The struggle I have to go through to find a decent looking bra with a DD cup is unreal
    and bikini shopping is a nightmare. It has taken me three years to collect a couple of bikinis that actually fit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jequestrian)
    and bikini shopping is a nightmare. It has taken me three years to collect a couple of bikinis that actually fit!
    Oh god I can totally relate to that. I had to go to like 8 different stores just to find a bikini that was a DD cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    So my boobs are pretty big (38F). Some people wouldn't regard this as that big, but considering my height (5'2/3) they're pretty damn huge.

They don't give me much physical pain (i.e. back aches), but they are a massive pain day-to-day.
    - I can never buy tops online (or just in general w/o trying it on) because I know as great as it looks on the model, it sure as hell wouldn't look right/appropriate on me.
    - I'm always being harassed by guys whenever I wear a top thats even a LITTLE bit tight. For example, one security guard in the store I work at actually got fired last week because he wouldn't stop following me around, ogling at my boobs/ass. Another guy followed me half the way home on another occasion, making really crude remarks about them.
    - It frustrates me that I have to wear looser tops that I don't particularly like just to feel less insecure

I'm saving up for a surgery (which will cost £6500 -_-) to reduce the size of my boobs, as they're really proving to be a nuisance. I've researched into this a lot but it's a decision I'm about 80% sure I'm going to make.
    This is a long shot, but I'd ****ing love it if someone on TSR experienced these frustrations too - all of my friends happen to be stick thin and have small enough boobs to wear whatever they want without thinking of other people in doing so.
    If you're a 38 band but also pretty short you are probably carrying some extra weight - have you tried losing any weight because they might shrink?

(Not trying to be offensive in any way or saying you're fat or anything. My friend used to be a 38 something massive and then she did Weight Watchers, got down to a 34 and her cup size decreased quite a lot)

ReputationRep:
    Every single time. The struggle I have to go through to find a decent looking bra with a DD cup is unreal
    Same, the normal bra's are all so ugly I mean the support is obviously necessary but it's almost sad that normal D or DD aren't as nice as A's and B's etc. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I can totally relate to that. I had to go to like 8 different stores just to find a bikini that was a DD cup

Doesn't help most hightstreet shops sell them together with bottoms as size 8 size 10 etc. Found a lovely one in Next during the summer which fits perfectly though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    If you're a 38 band but also pretty short you are probably carrying some extra weight - have you tried losing any weight because they might shrink?

(Not trying to be offensive in any way or saying you're fat or anything. My friend used to be a 38 something massive and then she did Weight Watchers, got down to a 34 and her cup size decreased quite a lot)
    this. what do you weigh at 5"2? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Same, the normal bra's are all so ugly I mean the support is obviously necessary but it's almost sad that normal D or DD aren't as nice as A's and B's etc. Lol.
    The cons of having big boobs.. Do your bras ever start getting tighter just after a few weeks too? Happens to me all the time

ReputationRep:
    I do stand up to them, I let them know of course that I won't stand for their behaviour.

But it still happens, and there comes a point where having this (and other things) happen almost daily becomes tiring.
    Yeah I understand that, I guess if I were in your position I'd feel like reducing my boob size to make these guys leave me alone finally means they 'win' in some sense. I get that it's for your own benefit, but the more chauvinistic or conservative guys who spout about women being sluts if they dress a certain way will probably think "good, now she won't look like a slut". Again I do know you're doing it for you, it's just so saddening that you feel you have no choice and need to do it to stop the almost daily harassment you get.

ReputationRep:
    The cons of having big boobs.. Do your bras ever start getting tighter just after a few weeks too? Happens to me all the time
    Tighter? no mine actually get looser :rofl: Today getting dressed I bent down to pick up something and my cup fell off my actual breast and my strap fell down my arm. But then again that bra is old...I need a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)

x
    I weigh 10.5 stone, and I'm 5'2 bordering on 5'3.
    Fair enough, I'll try out a weight loss regime. If it really does make that much difference i'll stick to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Tighter? no mine actually get loser :rofl: Today getting dressed I bent down to pick up something and my cup fell off my actual breast and my strap fell down my arm. But then again that bra is old...I need a new one.
    that actually happened to me a few days ago :lol:
    Bra's getting looser is something I've definitely noticed over the last couple of years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Ugh yes, and then when you get up to like the Fs/Gs they are just beige/white/black boulder holders.
    Ha, amazing.

ReputationRep:
    why post this? I have big boobs to but no need to complain with no point xxx
    maybe she has a problem with them? I have big boobs and I don't like having them..

ReputationRep:
    that actually happened to me a few days ago :lol:
    Bra's getting looser is something I've definitely noticed over the last couple of years
    Lol but I think it's because it's old and it's not really that supportive either. But it is comfortable!

I hate bras all together tbh. If I could get away with it I would never wear one!

ReputationRep:
    I weigh 10.5 stone, and I'm 5'2 bordering on 5'3.
    Fair enough, I'll try out a weight loss regime. If it really does make that much difference i'll stick to it.
    You're only very slightly overweight (as in by BMI standards, you probably don't even look 'big'). Why do you think you're a 38 band? Have you tried actually measuring under your bust? I only say this because a lot of people go by what they tell you in shops when you're measured but the way they do that is wrong. There's a lot of material online about this if you want to research it but basically shops add on some inches to your underbust measurement and they shouldn't be doing this. If you measure a 32 for example they will suggest a 36 band when really you need a 32 band. You could well be 4-5 inches under a 38, which would make you more of a 34 band for example (although you would need an even bigger cup then!) but changing the band to one that actually fits you should fit more comfortably and relieve some of the back pain.

It does make a difference. They always used to tell me I was a 36 something - my underbust is 31 inches! There's no reason to give me a 36 band. When I try on those old bras now it's such a massive difference, it also affects your posture which impacts your back pain. It's worth measuring yourself and seeing if you are truly 38 inches underneath, I doubt you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    maybe she has a problem with them? I have big boobs and I don't like having them..
    but wev jus found out shes carryin a lil weight so she wil lose them a bit xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelyDemon)
    Even with small boobs sadly guys will still follow you, I know its sad. Even the nicest of men will still look so don't get freaked out because sometimes its hard for us men not to look.

You shouldn't worry about looking different compared to your friends, doesn't mean you're not attractive. You should feel confident as lots of girls pay to get what you have and having big boobs doesn't mean people think you're a slut.
    Thats a bit sexist. Don't paint us all guys with the same brush.

ReputationRep:
    but wev jus found out shes carryin a lil weight so she wil lose them a bit xxx
    aw, you're lovely aren't you? perhaps she's happy with her weight and not her boob size? xxx

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.