The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Seriously don't worry about it!

I'm 21 (22 in november) and strangers usually think i'm around 13. So please, it's nothing to be upset about :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Don't worry about it, there are perks. Paedophiles make really good partners.

On a more serious note, I would advise not to grow a beard, because if you truly look baby faced and young then "beards" or facial hair can look quite creepy and weird. I'd rather just look fresh faced and clean shaven and a bit on the young side than one of those people who looks really mini but has tried to hide it with sidies and a moustache. Looks sort of farcical. Other than that, I really would not worry about it. There are more important things in life. Just have more confidence.
Reply 42
whatever...
Seriously don't worry about it!

I'm 21 (22 in november) and strangers usually think i'm around 13. So please, it's nothing to be upset about :rolleyes:

Well, you are particularly cute and fluffy looking in your avatar pic.
Reply 43
as long as you have ID. it's fine.
Reply 44
take a look at me then if you think you look young! i'm 18 and at 5ft 2 yet i can still get on the bus for a child...not that i need to as i have a bus pass but they just assume i'm a child haha! i'm one of the oldest in my year also, off to uni in september and i just know people will be like wow a child on campus ='] lol but no seriously i'm not bothered about it anymore, i've learnt to accept my baby face looks lol....we'll look great when were 40! =] think of it like that
Looking young and being short is okay if you're a girl, there are no redeeming factors if you're a boy. I speak from experience
Reply 46
i think its a bit different with boys as the boys usually seen as the taller one! no idea why as height doesnt bother me at all
I also look reallly young.

My younger sister (6 years younger) looks older than me !
Reply 48
You think thats bad some guy thought I was my best friends mother I was soooooooo pissed off
I'd try not to worry about it :smile:. Loads of people still look young at that age.

I look really young and I'm in Y12. I'd qutie easily fit in with 14 year olds lol.

Ruth xx
Anonymous
OK basically I'm about the oldest in my year, I'm 18 upper sixth (year 13). Trouble is I look very very young. I use to be super-short, now I'm still probably a little bit below average height but it's not that noticeable (5'8" - 5'9"). Trouble is I still have the general body and face of a younger teenager. It's especially depressing when people don't believe your age and you have to always make like it's funny that you look years younger than you actually are. I'm worried that when I go to uni in October I'll still look really young. Anybody else in the same position?

I'm 5'2" size 8 and look about 12 /13 tops - you should see the looks I get driving my car. Last week when i filled up with petrol swore I was too young to be driving until I showed them my id :frown:

I know I'll have the last laugh when everyone else is old and wrinkly and I will still look like a teenager but please give me a break and make me look even slightly adult!
I look young, maybe a couple of years younger than I really am. I also look like Sid from Skins.

I did feel for quite a while that I didn't belong at uni, and I still do to some extent. I feel like an impostor occasionally... But other than a couple of times early on, nobody seems to care except me. I guess it's all down to psychology and self esteem!

But yeah, in 50 or so years, I'll probably thank my ability to look young:p:
jaguarfan_1
mate dont worry about it....ive got friends that look very young for thier age. just think when your 40 you'll look like you're in your 20's and that cant be bad

i think that's just a myth I'm afriaad.
Wish it was true as i rather look young
lolilady---O
i think that's just a myth I'm afriaad.
Wish it was true i look young

You'd be surprised, my mum's 50 and people still think she's my sister. It's uncomfortable. My granddad's also pretty old, and he goes windsurfing:p:
Tyrannosaurus Cal
You'd be surprised, my mum's 50 and people still think she's my sister. It's uncomfortable. My granddad's also pretty old, and he goes windsurfing:p:

i know some people thats the case but most of the time its all about the lifestyle you've had (like food, alcholol, smoking, sunbeds etc) not about whether you looked young at 18
Reply 55
Ahh yeah I'm a guy btw. Thanks for the replies. I don't normally let it bother me, just sometimes it gets so annoying. Mainly because some stupid cow in the co-op refused to sell me a lighter even though I had ID! Just pissed off majorly, was embaressing too. They've gone totally OTT with all the ID crap, when the smoking age was 16 I had no trouble getting stuff when I had ID...but now they assume you're lying to them even when you prove that you aren't. **** off am I taking my bloody passport with me, I got a card so I wouldn't have to! anyway, rant over.

Thanks again.
It's attitude that counts.
Reply 57
This thread is comforting, coz it shows i'm not the only person who looks really young !
We should all meet up, and go see an 18 at the cinema. It'd baffle the staff....And would be a little bit awesome.

Although I'd probably just get scared, and ruin the whole thing
Are you chinese ? If so, you will age very badly, and look young until reaching your late 40's when you will suddenly appear very old, as it's a fact that you never see a 35 year old one.

These are not the view and beliefs of myself, but an incite into the mind of the man with a head like a ****ing orange, Karl Pilkington.

Latest

Trending

Trending