The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Yeah trailer looks sick. It was obvious Jon was to be brought back, however the interesting thing will be whether the character changes or not.

As for the game tomorrow, 2-1 would actually be an okay result for you. Our games aren't really that high scoring so if you could grab an away goal, you'd only need to win 1-0 at home (which you've already done). I can't see us getting back if we lose/draw (unless it's 0-0).

If I were Klopp, I'd press intensely for 30-45 minutes and if we score a goal, we can sit back and counter. If not, it might be worth playing for the clean sheet. Things are much more tactical in 2 legs and it's very different from getting the 3 points at any cost like it is in the PL. Any injury/suspension/major risk could massively backfire in the return leg.

So relieved he'll be back. I know it was quite obvious but at some point for me it really felt GOTs had killed him off. They seem to love casually killing off main characters. I'm guessing Melisandre will bring him back and towards the end we even got a glimpse of Davos and Snow's body.

Without a shadow of a doubt, you can almost bet that Liverpool will come out flying and aiming to apply as much pressure from the start to unsettle United. I can definitely see a scrappy first 10-15 minutes and then the game settling into its flow. If we can get past the first 25-30 minutes without too much trouble then I think we'd settle well in the game. I can see us coming and settling for a draw and maybe even try nick an away goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
So relieved he'll be back. I know it was quite obvious but at some point for me it really felt GOTs had killed him off. They seem to love casually killing off main characters. I'm guessing Melisandre will bring him back and towards the end we even got a glimpse of Davos and Snow's body.

Without a shadow of a doubt, you can almost bet that Liverpool will come out flying and aiming to apply as much pressure from the start to unsettle United. I can definitely see a scrappy first 10-15 minutes and then the game settling into its flow. If we can get past the first 25-30 minutes without too much trouble then I think we'd settle well in the game. I can see us coming and settling for a draw and maybe even try nick an away goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the trailers have been very cleverly made which is refreshing to see.

Exactly - LVG will set you up to be compact for the first 20 minutes and then try to retain possession a little. I think the issue is you conceding early. Unless you respond instantly, it'll be a very tough game - probably something similar to against City. They literally didn't even have a chance; I've never seen them be restricted like that before.

Yeah if we don't score in the first half, I can pretty much see a repeat of the last match. Countless shots, countless misses/DDG saves and an embarrassing set piece lapse to lose 1-0.
Every bloody time :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6002
Game of Thrones trailer for the new season got me mad excited. Its looking like Jon Snow might be bought back from the dead which would be a madness.

Anyways, I'm predicting a 2-1 loss tomorrow at Anfield which wouldn't be such a bad result. I can't see van Gaal winning his 5th consecutive game against Liverpool. Surely not?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually 6th if you count preseasonof last year
Original post by xKay
Actually 6th if you count preseasonof last year

Preseason is preseason. Just imagine the scenes if we win both legs against Liverpool. He'll go back to being called LvGOAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Benitez might be taking over at Newcastle. Provided he keeps them up, we'll have him, Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Wenger, Klopp and Pochettino all managing in the PL next season. Crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Benitez might be taking over at Newcastle. Provided he keeps them up, we'll have him, Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Wenger, Klopp and Pochettino all managing in the PL next season. Crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Won't be surprised to see Wenger leave this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fellaini to start tonight. Bare Shithousery tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You say that like Benítez is actually the same calibre as those managers.
Original post by Nickini
Probably isn't him as he hasn't really been mentioned in the TV show, to introduce a new character for a single flash-back scene would be pretty pointless. Plus Arthur Dayne fought with a greatsword so if they were to bother to include him you'd imagine they'd at least get that right.

Arthur Dayne was there at the Tower of Joy and Ned Stark even said if it wasn't for Reed he'd be dead, so it must be him. Plus, member of the kingsguard too.

Also, he might have dropped Dawn/disarmed during combat and as a result picked up the two swords. He's definitely got the sword with him because Ned returns it to his sister as a sign of respect.

Also, this flashback could prove Jon Snow's true parentage so wouldn't be supposed if they introduced someone new for it, considering its importance to the whole story.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol Geeks
You watch it for the explicit content.

Sit down bich.
But you are still a geek:

Imagine standing up and being on TSR
What course at uni do you do b?
Original post by Rk2k14
What course at uni do you do b?

Which Btec courses are you enrolled on at College?
Original post by Dirtybit
Which Btec courses are you enrolled on at College?

A-Levels pal.
Answer the question.
Original post by Rk2k14
A-Levels pal.
Answer the question.

You already know I do Medicine pal

Thoughts on Quad Studios in 1994?
You already know I do Medicine pal

Thoughts on Quad Studios in 1994?

Don't be embarrassed fam:wink:
Original post by Rk2k14
Don't be embarrassed fam:wink:

Typical of a Btec student to think that the degree you do defines your social life

I will be a rich doctor in the future don't hate
Typical of a Btec student to think that the degree you do defines your social life

I will be a rich doctor in the future don't hate

I thought we established i do A-Levels.

Answer the question. Geek.
Original post by Rk2k14
I thought we established i do A-Levels.

Answer the question. Geek.

Thought we established I do Medicine

Why not continue your discussion about GOT, enlighten us with your knowledge

Latest