The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilybeldon
Anyone heard from Northumbria for midwifery?

I applied there for Midwifery and haven't heard anything yet :/
Anyone got an interview at Manchester on 9th Feb or York on the 12th Feb?
Original post by n007
i still haven't heard for the. they havent rejected me or given me a offer to come for selection/interview!
I'm in the same position and I applied in October
Reply 623
Hi, I'm a bit late to the thread but also applied this year! half way through an access course but have only heard from one of my Uni's so far and been interviewed! Nervous to hear back now :0
Reply 624
Original post by Midwifeforlife
No I still haven't heard anything at all

I haven't heard anything yet at all either. My application was sent off on the 5th Nov. But I do know 2 people who sat the tests towards the end of last year. When I phoned kings, they said that they have had a large number of applications for midwifery.
Reply 625
Anyone heard from LSBU interview? Been waiting for over 6 weeks now...
Anyone heard of BCU? Sent my application off nearly 10 weeks ago now!!
Original post by naz.97
I haven't heard anything yet at all either. My application was sent off on the 5th Nov. But I do know 2 people who sat the tests towards the end of last year. When I phoned kings, they said that they have had a large number of applications for midwifery.

Yeah, mine was sent off on the 10th November but I've had nothing.
Original post by kcc92
Hi, I'm a bit late to the thread but also applied this year! half way through an access course but have only heard from one of my Uni's so far and been interviewed! Nervous to hear back now :0

Hey, where have you applied to? Good luck with your application :smile: xx
Reply 629
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
Anyone heard of BCU? Sent my application off nearly 10 weeks ago now!!

Check your SRSportal. I had my interview there just before Xmas but I know some U's went out today. If your SRSportal says 'pending track update' in the 'decision' box then unfortunately you've been unsuccessful because they only offer final decisions through track. However a few people have received interview invites via the portal without an email. So definitely check that. Hope it's good news x
Original post by LC1996
Check your SRSportal. I had my interview there just before Xmas but I know some U's went out today. If your SRSportal says 'pending track update' in the 'decision' box then unfortunately you've been unsuccessful because they only offer final decisions through track. However a few people have received interview invites via the portal without an email. So definitely check that. Hope it's good news x

Hey thanks for replying.. Yeah I woke up to an email early hours this morning saying that I've been unsuccessfull.. It's a shame they don't give you any feedback as I'd really like to know why. Got as much work experience as I could of possibly done by doing shifts on the labour suite, ante/post natal ward and with the community midwife. The hospital only allows you to do so many days volunteering! I also work as a health care assistant too! Birmingham was my 4th choice but it's still quite upsetting when you have been rejected from any of the universities you have applied to. Good luck anyway I'm sure you've done great! X
Reply 631
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
Hey thanks for replying.. Yeah I woke up to an email early hours this morning saying that I've been unsuccessfull.. It's a shame they don't give you any feedback as I'd really like to know why. Got as much work experience as I could of possibly done by doing shifts on the labour suite, ante/post natal ward and with the community midwife. The hospital only allows you to do so many days volunteering! I also work as a health care assistant too! Birmingham was my 4th choice but it's still quite upsetting when you have been rejected from any of the universities you have applied to. Good luck anyway I'm sure you've done great! X

Sorry to hear that :/ it sounds like you've got loads of experience - more than me! BCU have very strange criteria x
Reply 632
Original post by annamarie.mw
Anyone got an interview at Manchester on 9th Feb or York on the 12th Feb?

I applied to York 3 weeks ago and I've still not heard back, when did you apply and when did they give you the interview? Good luck 😊
Reply 633
Original post by Aclark93
Hey, where have you applied to? Good luck with your application :smile: xx

Applied for Herts, Beds, Anglia Ruskin, City and Kings. Seen on here that a few people are still waiting to hear from some of these though! Thanks and you! It's scary isn't it? x
Original post by LC1996
Sorry to hear that :/ it sounds like you've got loads of experience - more than me! BCU have very strange criteria x

That's okay- I've got interviews from my top three so I'm just going to hope they all go ok! I'd really like to know what they rejected me but I guess that's just something I'll never get to find out! All the best with your application x
Original post by kcc92
Applied for Herts, Beds, Anglia Ruskin, City and Kings. Seen on here that a few people are still waiting to hear from some of these though! Thanks and you! It's scary isn't it? x
I have an offer for Anglia Ruskin :smile: what campus did you apply for?? Xx
Reply 636
Cambridge campus because it's the easiest for me to get to, I can't move anywhere for Uni because of my partners works/kids school. Well done on your offer! Thats amazing! Which campus is that for? Xx
Original post by kcc92

Brilliant. Well I hope you get the offer you want :smile: X yeah it is! I am awaiting a decision any day now from Southampton uni and its driving me crazy haha!! X
Reply 638
Original post by Aclark93
Brilliant. Well I hope you get the offer you want :smile: X yeah it is! I am awaiting a decision any day now from Southampton uni and its driving me crazy haha!! X

😂😂 every time my email goes I'm hoping its track or Herts but then it's not and it makes me more stressed lol! Fingers crossed for Southampton for you 😱 xx
Original post by kcc92
😂😂 every time my email goes I'm hoping its track or Herts but then it's not and it makes me more stressed lol! Fingers crossed for Southampton for you 😱 xx

Haha 😂 Know that feeling, mini heart attack when the email tone goes off and then when you realise it's not about uni you automatically start hating whatever company emailed you because they are not UCAS haha 😂😂 xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending