The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Children's nursing at Cardiff, Swansea, Bangor, UWE and University of South Wales, I sent off my application on the 24th November and still haven't heard anything back?
I did hear back from UWE three days later and was rejected, but other than that no interviews or anything. Really starting to worry that I won't get a place :frown:
I've had experience with working with a child with cerebral palsy and epilepsy, babysitting and working with the stroke association. I'm also a reading mentor for young children.
Just wondering how long it took for others to hear back?
Original post by bthom19
I've applied for Children's nursing at Cardiff, Swansea, Bangor, UWE and University of South Wales, I sent off my application on the 24th November and still haven't heard anything back?
I did hear back from UWE three days later and was rejected, but other than that no interviews or anything. Really starting to worry that I won't get a place :frown:
I've had experience with working with a child with cerebral palsy and epilepsy, babysitting and working with the stroke association. I'm also a reading mentor for young children.
Just wondering how long it took for others to hear back?

Hello! I also applied for Cardiff and Swansea and haven't heard anything back yet either! And I applied on the 1st of December! I did get an interview date from Southampton and York though! I wouldn't worry, there is still lots of time!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by TheSecondDegree
Man I can't believe you're still waiting! Did you call admissions?

Yes and emailed. On the phone they said a decision had been made but it hadn't been processed on the system but couldn't tell me what the decision was.
The guy on the phone said it should show on UCAS/Student central by mid dec but still nothing.
Had no response to email after that and still closed for the holidays at the mo.
Original post by sim.c
Yes and emailed. On the phone they said a decision had been made but it hadn't been processed on the system but couldn't tell me what the decision was.
The guy on the phone said it should show on UCAS/Student central by mid dec but still nothing.
Had no response to email after that and still closed for the holidays at the mo.

Goodness me, how frustrating for you! I hope after all this you've secured a place.

And even worse that you know the decision has been made but not processed!

I'd be calling daily from now on!
Original post by Soph1611
Is anyone studying Children's Nursing at Salford beginning March 2016

can i ask ... did u choose to start at march or they give you that offer also did you do an interview ? if so what were the questions i have an interview in 2 week and i so scared so please can you give me some advice
Original post by Soph1611
Is anyone studying Children's Nursing at Salford beginning March 2016

If you use Twitter their faculty has an account which you can Tweet to hook up with other students.... It's @nursingSuni
Got an offer from KCL🙆🏻 😁😊😄😄😀
Hi there! I have an exam for dmu on Saturday, do you know what is included on it? I also have interviews for KCL, Bangor and York I was wondering if anyone knew any questions that had been asked or a link to some practice questions? Thanks
Has anyone not heard from Southampton yet? They received my application on the 11th November and I've heard nothing - it's stressing me out because I know there are people here who applied after me and have got dates for interview. Is no news good news? Do you think they would have already rejected me if they were going to? :frown:

Just a bit disheartening reading that people who applied after me have dates. Checking e-mails and track every day but nothing.
Reply 629
Hi I've got my interview at Salford uni on 22nd really nervous !! It's my first interview and first choice university too !!

Good luck 🍀
I have an interview at Northumbria on Thursday, any tips on what I should be practising? or any ideas as to what their interviewing process is like?
Reply 631
Original post by tiffsssx
Anyone got an interview at Salford uni on the 27th January?
Also has anyone already had an interview there and what's the maths and English test like, I'm really nervous!

Hi I'm new on here, just joined today. I have Salford interview on this date at Salford :-)
Reply 632
Original post by tiffsssx
Anyone got an interview at Salford uni on the 27th January?
Also has anyone already had an interview there and what's the maths and English test like, I'm really nervous!

Hi I'm new on here, just joined today. I have interview on this date at Salford :-)
Reply 633
Original post by carli97
Got an offer from KCL🙆🏻 😁😊😄😄😀

That is sooo amazing, that's the only Uni I'm waiting on a reply- I haven't heard anything from them at all, I applied on the 8th of November.. Getting seriously worried now!!! It is my first choice as well!! 😓😓😭😭😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KirsttyyM
That is sooo amazing, that's the only Uni I'm waiting on a reply- I haven't heard anything from them at all, I applied on the 8th of November.. Getting seriously worried now!!! It is my first choice as well!! 😓😓😭😭😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry! I applied around October, so maybe they haven't got round to seeing all the applicants yet. Fingers crossed for you xx
I'm interviewing with Salford on Friday...anyone been through that interview yet?

I had an email from Manchester requesting a 2nd reference confirming my grades. They gave me dates to send it between but my tutor has sent it early...does anyone think this matters? It's gone off to them today about 3 weeks early.
I have interviews for children's nursing at bmu and new bucks next week, anyone else had them here and know what they're like?

Thanks!
Reply 637
Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard back from University of Manchester or Leeds? Checking my ucas like 100 times a day incase I miss anything.
Yep...Manchester have confirmed they'll be offering me an interview upon receipt of my finalised grades if they're high enough. Took them a good 6 weeks to email me and I got in early so wouldn't be surprised if the wait time is longer now.
Original post by Jolleigh
Yep...Manchester have confirmed they'll be offering me an interview upon receipt of my finalised grades if they're high enough. Took them a good 6 weeks to email me and I got in early so wouldn't be surprised if the wait time is longer now.

I'm doing an access course and they said to me they wanted another reference between January and Feb with my current grades before they'd give me an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending