This discussion is closed.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Good to see jam's LVG and anti Mourinho agenda coming along smoothly
Except for the fact that I ideally would have sacked LVG earlier in the season and tried to go for e.g. Conte or Tuchel.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Except for the fact that I ideally would have sacked LVG earlier in the season and tried to go for e.g. Conte or Tuchel.
You would have gone for Thomas Tuchel when he was only about half way through his first season as a manager at a top club? Hard to believe.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Issue is that people just sit back and get their defence organised against United. But when they are a goal down are more likely to press for the ball which your players are not comfortable with facing.

I always felt City would struggle to get 4th this season as I felt United would improve and that Chelsea would stay the same. To see City's season dwindle like this is not surprising, just that the teams that are above them is what is really surprising.
Yeah that's a great point. It was evidently seen throughout the entire game against Liverpool at Anfield. We could not live with the relentless pressing from Liverpool and struggled to pass the ball with composure. We struggle under any sort of pressure and more often than not, crumble.

City made a big mistake by announcing before the season has even concluded that Pep was going to be their manager. It almost feels like the players aren't even putting much of an effort in, in the league and have almost given up or have given up on the title. Only player who seems to be even remotely trying has been Aguero. However, City's form even before the Pep announcement was a bit dodgy. They've failed to win consecutive PL matches since god knows when in the league iirc and have been really inconsistent on a whole this season. I hope City finish outside the top 4, would be hilarious to see Pep swap Bayern (and the CL) for City and the Europa League.

West Ham are having a great season and if not United in 4th, I'd love for them to get it. It would be amazing that they finish in the top 4 and bring CL football to their new home, the Olympic Stadium, in their first season there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
Damn didn't know that so I guess its more of an attitude issue. van Gaal will be gone this summer so hopefully Mourinho tries utilising Pereira maybe? Doesn't help with Mourinho reluctance against using youth players tho :/

Rashford was given a debut due to Rooney being out injured. van Gaal was forced into a change and decided to play him up top so don't know how much credit should be given to van Gaal. Fair play that he played Rashford up front instead of Martial against Midgetland and has stuck with Rashford but with Memphis not being consistent Martial is our best option on the left and Rashford is then our only available option for the striker position.

However, I do fully agree that van Gaal seems to be good at bringing young players through. I guess the only positive with van Gaal the past 2 seasons in charge of United is his willingness to give youth players a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Martial was injured as well, meaning Rashford or another youth was the only option
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Martial was injured as well, meaning Rashford or another youth was the only option
Ops yeah Rooney was injured before hand and Martial pulled out of the starting line up during the warm up to the Midgetland game. My bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
MOTD starting with the nothing Liverpool/Southampton match rather than one of the two huge derbies or even the match involving the title challengers. Great.
In terms of entertainment, 5 goals > 1 goal.

That's what I think the order is based on anyway - how entertaining the match was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He said: "I don’t have to say that too loud because the last time I said I am very happy for Morgan Schneiderlin, after that he played not so well.

"But today he played a very good match. He was a lot of times available to receive the pass but also defensively was very firm and strict and he played also a very important position in midfield. I was very happy especially because I had to rotate. Fellaini could not play the fourth game in a row."

Ffs van Gaal pretty much confirms that Fellani will start against Everton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
He said: "I don’t have to say that too loud because the last time I said I am very happy for Morgan Schneiderlin, after that he played not so well.

"But today he played a very good match. He was a lot of times available to receive the pass but also defensively was very firm and strict and he played also a very important position in midfield. I was very happy especially because I had to rotate. Fellaini could not play the fourth game in a row."

Ffs van Gaal pretty much confirms that Fellani will start against Everton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seems like he was very happy with Schneiderlin so it may be a Schneiderlin-Fellaini partnership in that case.

Even after seeing how well we played without Fellaini yesterday, it's sad that he's likely going to play him against Everton regardless, helping to jeopardise our chances of getting top 4. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
In terms of entertainment, 5 goals > 1 goal.

That's what I think the order is based on anyway - how entertaining the match was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know in Act 2 of Macbeth how Shakespeare uses the porter to create comic relief, before getting down to the more important stuff. I think that was the role of the Liverpool game being played first.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
You know in Act 2 of Macbeth how Shakespeare uses the porter to create comic relief, before getting down to the more important stuff. I think that was the role of the Liverpool game being played first.
Isn't that just Arsenal's role in the Champions League every season?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Hopefully Mourinho brings back Valdes into the squad so we can have a strong bench again. Not ripping Romero or anything but Valdes just brings more assurance when you see his name, plus way better in possession.
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hopefully Mourinho brings back Valdes into the squad so we can have a strong bench again. Not ripping Romero or anything but Valdes just brings more assurance when you see his name, plus way better in possession.
You do realise Valdes was sold in January don't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by hayles101)
You do realise Valdes was sold in January don't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't he just go on loan?
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's on loan
Nice one Hayles #ITK
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Didn't he just go on loan?
(Original post by difeo)
He's on loan
Nice one Hayles #ITK
In fairness to Hayles, Valdes signed a contract until summer 2016 so he'll be released on a free in the summer after the loan expires and not play for Man Utd again.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mourinho isn't coming, how many times do I have to say this?

Either we get top 4 and LVG stays

Or

We don't and Giggs gets the job.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by zKlown)
Mourinho isn't coming, how many times do I have to say this?

Either we get top 4 and LVG stays

Or

We don't and Giggs gets the job.
Hayles said it's a done dealio, so it's done

Let us be allowed happiness this time pls
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hayles said it's a done dealio, so it's done

Let us be allowed happiness this time pls
Happiness denied

hayles101

Please enlighten me on what this degenerate is saying.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not hard to see why Hayles left.

Brutal guys. Disappointed.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Shut up zKlown.

Also, Lingered at no10 is poverty. Needs that energy out on the wing. Leave the no10 for Mata.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.77%
Labour (106)
40.61%
Liberal Democrats (53)
20.31%
Green Party (16)
6.13%
Brexit Party (7)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.92%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)