The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)

As for us well it looks like LVG is staying for another season and sadly that officially marks the death of this club.
Based on what exactly?
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Based on what exactly?
...well I watched an interview with Mourinho on SkySports few days ago and he said he had no contact/contracts signed with any club at this moment in time and is still jobless! He's still "looking at opportunities".

If he was coming to Utd then surely we would have already made some sort of deal and he would have given a different "in-direct" answer in his interview but he didn't...
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
...well I watched an interview with Mourinho on SkySports few days ago and he said he had no contact/contracts signed with any club at this moment in time and is still jobless! He's still "looking at opportunities".

If he was coming to Utd then surely we would have already made some sort of deal and he would have given a different "in-direct" answer in his interview but he didn't...
He also said he is going to be in the Premier League. Which top 6 team needs him?

Yeah of course he hasn't signed a contract with us yet as LVG is still here and he is obviously still jobless right now. He has most likely signed a pre-contract but he can't sign any formal contract yet unless LVG has been sacked. He's also not going to go on air and say he has signed an informal pre-agreement with us because nothing is certain even with that.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
He also said he is going to be in the Premier League. Which top 6 team needs him?

Yeah of course he hasn't signed a contract with us yet as LVG is still here and he is obviously still jobless right now. He has most likely signed a pre-contract but he can't sign any formal contract yet unless LVG has been sacked. He's also not going to go on air and say he has signed an informal pre-agreement with us because nothing is certain even with that.
Haha I like your confidence! I pray your predictions are right and that he's coming to Utd (we need him more than ever to sort us out big time). We have had far too much mediocrity for too long and need to start being great again

Another season with LVG is more than torture....don't even think we can win the FA cup :rofl:
lukeevandavis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I still have hopes that Mourinho will take the reigns!

Posted from TSR Mobile
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

As for us well it looks like LVG is staying for another season and sadly that officially marks the death of this club. We were lucky to even beat West Ham... that goal wasn't even offside :indiff:
:
I hope LVG stays- contracts should be honoured.
lukeevandavis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just really think Mourinho could kick UTD back into touch. I do agree that contracts should be honoured, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Already said this before but when Klopp buys who he wants Liverpool will rise and become a powerhouse with the likes of City. Klopp will/can bring players like Gotze/Reus/Gundogan to Liverpool
Cc this will happen.

With 0 signings/money spent, Klopp has taken us to a domestic cup final and a European semi-final...without even a full season in charge.
Signings will be very interesting and considering we've beaten the likes of Dortmund, players all over Europe will have taken notice.

No CL would be a blow if we didn't win the EL, but were we to do so, I'd be very optimistic about our transfer manager.
Klopp with CL plus some definite improvements to make to our first team? We'd have the scope to bring in some high class players because they know they'd get a game.

Even without CL, it's clear that Liverpool are going somewhere under Klopp so I'm sure we'll sign at least a few very good players.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How well do you think Man Utd would be doing in comparison if Van Gaal hadn't brought in so many players and tried the youth first?

------------------De Gea-----------------
Fosu-M.--Smalling--Blind--Shaw/Rojo
-----------Herrera--Schneiderlin--------
Lingard---------Rooney---------Martial
----------------Rashford-----------------
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
How well do you think Man Utd would be doing in comparison if Van Gaal hadn't brought in so many players and tried the youth first?

------------------De Gea-----------------
Fosu-M.--Smalling--Blind--Shaw/Rojo
-----------Herrera--Schneiderlin--------
Lingard---------Rooney---------Martial
----------------Rashford-----------------
Replace schneiderlin with Fosu Mensah in CDM and then put Darmian at RB or look for a youth player to play RB.
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I hope LVG stays- contracts should be honoured.
He hasn't been good enough. Fighting West Ham for 5th place isn't good enough.
Odium
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
Replace schneiderlin with Fosu Mensah in CDM and then put Darmian at RB or look for a youth player to play RB.
Darmian has been terrible recently
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hope we don't regret our team changes today, should be enough.

I was scared but then I saw Memphis' name, that reassured me a little
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Hope we don't regret our team changes today, should be enough.

I was scared but then I saw Memphis' name, that reassured me a little
Our U16s should be beating this Villa team. They're utter ****
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We're playing at home to the lowest team in the table who have all but been relegated, we don't need to play Fellaini! (We never need to play him anyway.)

Spoiler:
Show

Would've been great to see Herrera and Schneiderlin together. We could have really seen some potentially decent football today but not now, now that that tree is lying in the centre.

Also, why is Martial not starting and Rooney is suddenly thrown into a starting spot when he only played a few minutes a few days ago?

Pleased Memphis is starting at least. Nice to give him a chance.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not a bad lineup actually, glad to see a bit of rotation.

Remember we have a midweek game, so expect to see TFM and co back for that.

Thoughts on Memphis KingKoala

trapking how you doing m8

difeo
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
We're playing at home to the lowest team in the table who have all but been relegated, we don't need to play Fellaini! (We never need to play him anyway.)

Spoiler:
Show

Would've been great to see Herrera and Schneiderlin together. We could have really seen some potentially decent football today but not now, now that that tree is lying in the centre.

Also, why is Martial not starting and Rooney is suddenly thrown into a starting spot when he only played a few minutes a few days ago?

Pleased Memphis is starting at least. Nice to give him a chance.
I assume it's because if you're going to bring your striker back from injury and give him minutes, you'd give him as many as possible at home to Villa. Herrera is injured.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Not a bad lineup actually, glad to see a bit of rotation.

Remember we have a midweek game, so expect to see TFM and co back for that.

trapking how you doing m8
I'm good bruh, got exams soon and you?

Also wow I never thought I would see the day Martial get benched!
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Blind's passing on point today...
banterboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't see how many man of the match performances Fellaini needs to give before we learn to forgive him for his weaknesses as we do to every other player.

Martial can do with a rest
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (143)
18.94%
Labour (322)
42.65%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.26%
Green Party (41)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.78%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)