Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm an Afghan living in London, ASK ME ANYTHING! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayman)
    Lool

Pa pukhto na puyigee, ow la wai che pukhto ai jabba da
    Thata pukhto sanga darzee? You second sirif ma or biryani tha rathla or os har sok waylee shee. Tsr banay nan sa shawee dee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsim)
    Thata pukhto sanga darzee? You second sirif ma or biryani tha rathla or os har sok waylee shee. Tsr banay nan sa shawee dee?
    Me thinks it's one pashtun with like 10 accounts ahah...us dthora dayr dee, zama dei maanay yaqeen nishtay

ReputationRep:
    Do you have non-brown eyes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsim)
    Pakhair , pukhtun yam kana. Dair mudha ushwa che pa Tsr naim raghalai. Dasi khkari che dair pukhtana dalta nan saba diya lol

We need a society or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    In year 12 I did:
    Maths (AS and A2) - A*
    Further Maths (AS) - a
    Physics (AS) - a
    History (AS) - b

for A2 I only did Physics and Further Maths, dropped History
    Exactly the same as what I'll be studying, with the addition of Government and Politics

ReputationRep:
    Hai der, OP. Good to c u.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pakhair , pukhtun yam kana. Dair mudha ushwa che pa Tsr naim raghalai. Dasi khkari che dair pukhtana dalta nan saba diya lol

We need a society or something
    Lool yeah I see the neg lmao, confirms your an old member.

Ow mala pata da, za khpala banned yama likin bya am za tsr banay razama haha, ma chey dey makhkay thread jor karay ow dey pukhtano dapara, likin sirif dwa khalak oo warbanay. Thaso charta na yay Afghanistan kay?

And yeah we should make a soc, need to get the thread back to life too haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsim)
    Lool yeah I see the neg lmao, confirms your an old member.

Ow mala pata da, za khpala banned yama likin bya am za tsr banay razama haha, ma chey dey makhkay thread jor karay ow dey pukhtano dapara, likin sirif dwa khalak oo warbanay. Thaso charta na yay Afghanistan kay?

And yeah we should make a soc, need to get the thread back to life too haha.
    lool, Za da Pekhawar na yam, wbu?

True! once the soc gets up and running more of them should come out of the woodworks and join lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Me thinks it's one pashtun with like 10 accounts ahah...us dthora dayr dee, zama dei maanay yaqeen nishtay
    Lol your accent :lol: and I hope not, wallah got so excited talking in pashto to people on tsr lmao, sooo rare. Theres like none in scotland

Ow za poyaygama chey ta sa way, dhumra rare dey chey za khpala hiryana shoma :lol:

Btw mate clear your inbox , i had to save the pm i was trying to send you yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid;48604992[B)
    ]London is an amazing place[/B], it all depends on the person. If you're someone thats wants to go a different path you eventually will. I know a lot of sisters that live in london away from their parents in halls as they originally lived outside of london. I also know a lot of people that went away from the deen with the freedom they got, once again it all depends on you and what type of friends you make.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mm depends what you mean by amazing.

ReputationRep:
    lool, Za da Pekhawar na yam, wbu?

True! once the soc gets up and running more of them should come out of the woodworks and join lol
    Loool za um da pekhawar na yam. Mor me da kakasayb da (iraqi ancestry) or baba mey da waziristan na day (dodgy I know lool) , pekhawar key charta?

And yeah man hopefully there are tons in hiding. I Cant manage to find thr thread though :/, do you want to start the soc? WAit, how do you even start a soc lool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahsim)
    Lol your accent :lol: and I hope not, wallah got so excited talking in pashto to people on tsr lmao, sooo rare. Theres like none in scotland

Ow za poyaygama chey ta sa way, dhumra rare dey chey za khpala hiryana shoma :lol:

Btw mate clear your inbox , i had to save the pm i was trying to send you yesterday
    Lmaooooo your accent makes me laugh.. Do you say 'manda' for when you want to say run and 'bara' to say up? :lol:
    Lmao I've deleted some messages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serebro)
    What is your mother tongue?

What's Afghan cuisine like?
    Pashto but my lack of Pashto has been made evident on this thread lol.

It's really nice actually, try it out sometime!

(Original post by Kash24411)
    What language you speak?
    Pashto... not a lot though.

(Original post by samu rai 123)
    How similar is Pashto and Urdu?
    I don't speak Urdu.. but I've heard its not that similar.

(Original post by the bear)
    Do you wear one of those hats that looks like a pie ? :holmes:
    Nop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narcotica)
    Do you have non-brown eyes?
    Nop, I have brown eyes.

(Original post by Reece Sure)
    Exactly the same as what I'll be studying, with the addition of Government and Politics
    Ooo, good luck, for Maths/FM its ALL about past papers, make sure you bang them out!
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Hai der, OP. Good to c u.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good day.

(Original post by Hachik0)
    Mm depends what you mean by amazing.
    There probably aren't 10 better cities in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Pashto, my mum speaks Dari but I never learnt it..
    I still dont know much dari.. my dad speaks both dari and pashto. I want to learn though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    I still dont know much dari.. my dad speaks both dari and pashto. I want to learn though
    Oh cool, my parents came here at a very young age so they would normally speak English in the house but they tried to keep a bit of Afghan culture in me by making the effort to speak Pashto at home on the rare occasion. You in London also?

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, my parents came here at a very young age so they would normally speak English in the house but they tried to keep a bit of Afghan culture in me by making the effort to speak Pashto at home on the rare occasion. You in London also?
    No i am actually in the middle east.. my mum was a white chick and my dad an afghani/pakistani.. so mostly i speak english and urdu. Other than that i speak a bit of dari with my grandmother and a tad bit of sindhi with my grandfather..

ReputationRep:
    A quick intro..
    I am 22.
    Name is Durfishan.
    Live in the middle east.
    Born in florida.
    And ummm..
    Done with college.
    Studying graphic designing atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    No i am actually in the middle east.. my mum was a white chick and my dad an afghani/pakistani.. so mostly i speak english and urdu. Other than that i speak a bit of dari with my grandmother and a tad bit of sindhi with my grandfather..
    By white chick you mean like Syrian/Palestinian or like English lol? What country do you reside in?

ReputationRep:
    By white chick you mean like Syrian/Palestinian or like English lol? What country do you reside in?
    Umm she was from florida.. irish hispanic..
    I live in sharjah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.