The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Autistic Merit

Have any of your students gone on to be successful in mainstream media?

edit: I just realised you're 25...hmm
Original post by HeskeyLAD
Have any of your students gone on to be successful in mainstream media?

edit: I just realised you're 25...hmm

No I haven't taught anyone who has gone on to be famous... yet.
No I haven't taught anyone who has gone on to be famous... yet.

Have you taught anyone who went to Oxbridge?
Original post by BBeyond
Have you taught anyone who went to Oxbridge?

No. Very few go to Oxbridge from my school anyway. You could probably count all the Oxbridge kids in the last 20 years on one hand.
No. Very few go to Oxbridge from my school anyway. You could probably count all the Oxbridge kids in the last 20 years on one hand.

Oh wow that's not a great record :eek:, maybe you could change that? If someone in your class was aspiring to study maths at Cambridge would you help them prepare for STEP or would they be expected to self teach it?
why are most teachers nob heads....?:confused:
Original post by BBeyond
Oh wow that's not a great record :eek:, maybe you could change that? If someone in your class was aspiring to study maths at Cambridge would you help them prepare for STEP or would they be expected to self teach it?

Since I'm not involved at all with Year 12 or 13 this year, I don't think I could be of much influence.

Original post by ChloeO'Brien
why are most teachers nob heads....?:confused:

We get stressed. We love our students really but sometimes it gets to be a bit too much for us.
How much you get paid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Complete control I guess.

2. I imagine that Singapore and Finland allow plenty of liberties. I would love to visit a school in those countries.(...)

If that is the case, so the economy is responsible for a frame condition at a school which is similar to an dictatorship. Would you say that schools and universities have legitimate dictatorships which are injustice to everyone?

How far teachers and students have the chance to change the education system for the better, if they are wokring together?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 789
Do you ever edit the seating plan to create couples?
This might me very obvious answer yet I want to be known about it: do teachers like to be gossipmongers just like the students are? Do they compare good achievers the lesser ones the ones that get dumped down?
Original post by chee5y

Why would teachers do that? They should be match makers and not teachers then 🙏
Do you live on your own, in a flat?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you ever have one of those days where you go: **** this ****, I had enough this. Im done with this, I'm so done with this.
My maths teacher always tells me and the class that "mathematics was made for lazy people and mathematics is all about laziness [doing things in an easy way, being straightforward]

What is your input on this?
Are you guilty of telling 'The Kid who fell back too far on his chair, split his head in two then dies' story? :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
What would you do when one of your students is isolated?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vivaronaldoo
How much you get paid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pay scales are here:

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6000186

I already answered this on the previous page.

Original post by Kallisto
If that is the case, so the economy is responsible for a frame condition at a school which is similar to an dictatorship. Would you say that schools and universities have legitimate dictatorships which are injustice to everyone?

How far have teachers and students the chance to change the education system for the better, if they are wokring together?

I don't get what you're saying.

Original post by chee5y

Obviously I always seat boy-girl boy-girl whenever possible but there are no romantic intentions behind this.
Original post by KAUSARMARIAM
This might me very obvious answer yet I want to be known about it: do teachers like to be gossipmongers just like the students are? Do they compare good achievers the lesser ones the ones that get dumped down?

I've had this question a few times in here.

Teachers are much more likely to gossip about other teachers than students. We generally couldn't care less which student is going out with which but when a teacher is absent for a long time or are seen flirting with another teacher then rumours can spread like wildfire.

In answer to your 2nd question, no we don't. We spend 5 hours a day with students we would rather talk about other things in the staff room. Honestly, the most popular conversations in the staff room are just normal things like X Factor, Big Brother, celeb gossip, the female staff talk about which men they find hot etc.

Original post by lozasaurus99
Do you live on your own, in a flat?
Posted from TSR Mobile

With my parents.

Do you ever have one of those days where you go: **** this ****, I had enough this. Im done with this, I'm so done with this.

Yes. :angry:
My maths teacher always tells me and the class that "mathematics was made for lazy people and mathematics is all about laziness [doing things in an easy way, being straightforward]

What is your input on this?

It's true. Algebra, in particular, is all about writing as little as possible on the paper.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Are you guilty of telling 'The Kid who fell back too far on his chair, split his head in two then dies' story? :colone:

I doubt any of my students are stupid enough to actually believe that story.

Latest