Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a teacher ask me anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)

Yeah I always feel bad for teachers when it comes to these meetings, they seem pretty pointless to me.
    You can never say anything of value anyway as you have about 2-3 minutes per appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    Have any of your students gone on to be successful in mainstream media?

edit: I just realised you're 25...hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeskeyLAD)
    Have any of your students gone on to be successful in mainstream media?

edit: I just realised you're 25...hmm
    No I haven't taught anyone who has gone on to be famous... yet.

No I haven't taught anyone who has gone on to be famous... yet.
      Have you taught anyone who went to Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
      Have you taught anyone who went to Oxbridge?
      No. Very few go to Oxbridge from my school anyway. You could probably count all the Oxbridge kids in the last 20 years on one hand.

No. Very few go to Oxbridge from my school anyway. You could probably count all the Oxbridge kids in the last 20 years on one hand.
        Oh wow that's not a great record :eek:, maybe you could change that? If someone in your class was aspiring to study maths at Cambridge would you help them prepare for STEP or would they be expected to self teach it?

ReputationRep:
        why are most teachers nob heads....?:confused:

ReputationRep:
        Oh wow that's not a great record :eek:, maybe you could change that? If someone in your class was aspiring to study maths at Cambridge would you help them prepare for STEP or would they be expected to self teach it?
        Since I'm not involved at all with Year 12 or 13 this year, I don't think I could be of much influence.

(Original post by ChloeO'Brien)
        why are most teachers nob heads....?:confused:
        We get stressed. We love our students really but sometimes it gets to be a bit too much for us.

ReputationRep:
        How much you get paid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        1. Complete control I guess.

2. I imagine that Singapore and Finland allow plenty of liberties. I would love to visit a school in those countries.(...)
        If that is the case, so the economy is responsible for a frame condition at a school which is similar to an dictatorship. Would you say that schools and universities have legitimate dictatorships which are injustice to everyone?

How far teachers and students have the chance to change the education system for the better, if they are wokring together?

ReputationRep:
        Do you ever edit the seating plan to create couples?

ReputationRep:
        This might me very obvious answer yet I want to be known about it: do teachers like to be gossipmongers just like the students are? Do they compare good achievers the lesser ones the ones that get dumped down?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by chee5y)
        Why would teachers do that? They should be match makers and not teachers then 🙏

ReputationRep:
        Do you live on your own, in a flat?
        Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Do you ever have one of those days where you go: **** this ****, I had enough this. Im done with this, I'm so done with this.

ReputationRep:
        My maths teacher always tells me and the class that "mathematics was made for lazy people and mathematics is all about laziness [doing things in an easy way, being straightforward]

What is your input on this?
        • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
        Are you guilty of telling 'The Kid who fell back too far on his chair, split his head in two then dies' story?

ReputationRep:
        What would you do when one of your students is isolated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by vivaronaldoo)
        How much you get paid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Pay scales are here:

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6000186

I already answered this on the previous page.

(Original post by Kallisto)
        If that is the case, so the economy is responsible for a frame condition at a school which is similar to an dictatorship. Would you say that schools and universities have legitimate dictatorships which are injustice to everyone?

How far have teachers and students the chance to change the education system for the better, if they are wokring together?
        I don't get what you're saying.

(Original post by chee5y)
        Obviously I always seat boy-girl boy-girl whenever possible but there are no romantic intentions behind this.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by KAUSARMARIAM)
        This might me very obvious answer yet I want to be known about it: do teachers like to be gossipmongers just like the students are? Do they compare good achievers the lesser ones the ones that get dumped down?
        I've had this question a few times in here.

Teachers are much more likely to gossip about other teachers than students. We generally couldn't care less which student is going out with which but when a teacher is absent for a long time or are seen flirting with another teacher then rumours can spread like wildfire.

In answer to your 2nd question, no we don't. We spend 5 hours a day with students we would rather talk about other things in the staff room. Honestly, the most popular conversations in the staff room are just normal things like X Factor, Big Brother, celeb gossip, the female staff talk about which men they find hot etc.

(Original post by lozasaurus99)
        Do you live on your own, in a flat?
        Posted from TSR Mobile
        With my parents.

(Original post by KAUSARMARIAM)
        Do you ever have one of those days where you go: **** this ****, I had enough this. Im done with this, I'm so done with this.
        Yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.