Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thuw)
    Just received my offer from Notts for AAA, was expecting A*AA offer. Has everyone else had AAA?
    What were your GCSEs AS and LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    4A*, 1B and the rest As for GCSE. AAB at AS (only did 3) and 23 on the LNAT. So nothing spectacular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thuw)
    4A*, 1B and the rest As for GCSE. AAB at AS (only did 3) and 23 on the LNAT. So nothing spectacular.
    Well done on your offer! I've got one for A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, over the moon. What were your AS grades and LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thuw)
    Thanks, over the moon. What were your AS grades and LNAT?
    AAABB at AS and 26 in the LNAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thuw)
    Just received my offer from Notts for AAA, was expecting A*AA offer. Has everyone else had AAA?
    I got AAA

ReputationRep:
    When did you guys apply for Nottingham? I applied in November for Law with Spanish and Spanish Law and still haven't had an offer/reply

ReputationRep:
    I applied early October, don't worry though all the best universities seem to find it funny to take forever

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got Glasgow or Edinburgh offers yet? I've seen quite a few people get conditionals from Glasgow (do they give them out first or is it no particular order?) but I haven't seen anyone get any Edinburgh offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah394)
    Anyone got Glasgow or Edinburgh offers yet? I've seen quite a few people get conditionals from Glasgow (do they give them out first or is it no particular order?) but I haven't seen anyone get any Edinburgh offers.
    Got a conditional for Glasgow in January and an unconditional for Edinburgh two weeks ago

I'm sure you'll hear back soon

ReputationRep:
    In terms of practicing law, does studying in Scotland hold any implications on where you can practice in the UK? Congratulations on your offer as well, incredible that you got an unconditional they're virtually unheard of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thuw)
    In terms of practicing law, does studying in Scotland hold any implications on where you can practice in the UK? Congratulations on your offer as well, incredible that you got an unconditional they're virtually unheard of
    Your standard Law degree gained in Scotland will not meet the requirements for practice in the rest of UK. However there are some Scotish universities offering degrees that would qualify for all UK. I think Dundee is one not sure abount others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thuw)
    Although a degree in just scots law won't qualify you to practise in England, you can convert to English law from Scots law http://www.careersblog.law.ed.ac.uk/...o-english-law/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    LNAT 31
    Wow, you did really great for LNAT! May I know which school you received offer from? Or did you receive from both Durham and Bristol? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    Your standard Law degree gained in Scotland will not meet the requirements for practice in the rest of UK. However there are some Scotish universities offering degrees that would qualify for all UK. I think Dundee is one not sure abount others
    Aberdeen does English law, also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljw011)
    Wow, you did really great for LNAT! May I know which school you received offer from? Ora did you receive from both Durham and Bristol? Thanks!
    It's my son. Nottingham, Bristol and Glasgow. Waiting for LSE!!

ReputationRep:
    I do not understand I'm on a gap year and got A* in literature A* in philosophy and A in law. I got 21 in the LNAT and I've been rejected from Bristol and kings and I still haven't heard from Nottingham but I'm guessing now they will reject me 😔

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Unihelp007;63029583]I do not understand I'm on a gap year and got A* in literature A* in philosophy and A in law. I got 21 in the LNAT and I've been rejected from Bristol and kings and I still haven't heard from Nottingham but I'm guessing now they will reject me 😔[/QUOTE
    It was probably the LNAT. Average was 23.3.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Bristol today, was offered Social Policy with Criminology instead. Still waiting on Nottingham but it'll be unlikely they'll give me an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UCL or PPL at king's and why?? Both A*AA

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.