The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by Thuw
4A*, 1B and the rest As for GCSE. AAB at AS (only did 3) and 23 on the LNAT. So nothing spectacular.

Well done on your offer! I've got one for A*AA
Reply 1281
Thanks, over the moon. What were your AS grades and LNAT?
Reply 1282
Original post by Thuw
Thanks, over the moon. What were your AS grades and LNAT?

AAABB at AS and 26 in the LNAT
Original post by Thuw
Just received my offer from Notts for AAA, was expecting A*AA offer. Has everyone else had AAA?

I got AAA :smile:
When did you guys apply for Nottingham? I applied in November for Law with Spanish and Spanish Law and still haven't had an offer/reply :frown:
Reply 1285
I applied early October, don't worry though all the best universities seem to find it funny to take forever
Anyone got Glasgow or Edinburgh offers yet? I've seen quite a few people get conditionals from Glasgow (do they give them out first or is it no particular order?) but I haven't seen anyone get any Edinburgh offers.
Original post by hannah394
Anyone got Glasgow or Edinburgh offers yet? I've seen quite a few people get conditionals from Glasgow (do they give them out first or is it no particular order?) but I haven't seen anyone get any Edinburgh offers.

Got a conditional for Glasgow in January and an unconditional for Edinburgh two weeks ago :smile:

I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:
Reply 1288
In terms of practicing law, does studying in Scotland hold any implications on where you can practice in the UK? Congratulations on your offer as well, incredible that you got an unconditional they're virtually unheard of
Original post by Thuw
In terms of practicing law, does studying in Scotland hold any implications on where you can practice in the UK? Congratulations on your offer as well, incredible that you got an unconditional they're virtually unheard of

Your standard Law degree gained in Scotland will not meet the requirements for practice in the rest of UK. However there are some Scotish universities offering degrees that would qualify for all UK. I think Dundee is one not sure abount others
Original post by Thuw

Although a degree in just scots law won't qualify you to practise in England, you can convert to English law from Scots law http://www.careersblog.law.ed.ac.uk/2010/09/14/considering-converting-to-english-law/
Reply 1291
Original post by Cholesta
LNAT 31

Wow, you did really great for LNAT! May I know which school you received offer from? Or did you receive from both Durham and Bristol? Thanks!
Original post by crocface
Your standard Law degree gained in Scotland will not meet the requirements for practice in the rest of UK. However there are some Scotish universities offering degrees that would qualify for all UK. I think Dundee is one not sure abount others

Aberdeen does English law, also.
Original post by ljw011
Wow, you did really great for LNAT! May I know which school you received offer from? Ora did you receive from both Durham and Bristol? Thanks!

It's my son. Nottingham, Bristol and Glasgow. Waiting for LSE!!
I do not understand I'm on a gap year and got A* in literature A* in philosophy and A in law. I got 21 in the LNAT and I've been rejected from Bristol and kings and I still haven't heard from Nottingham but I'm guessing now they will reject me 😔
[QUOTE="Unihelp007;63029583"]I do not understand I'm on a gap year and got A* in literature A* in philosophy and A in law. I got 21 in the LNAT and I've been rejected from Bristol and kings and I still haven't heard from Nottingham but I'm guessing now they will reject me 😔[/QUOTE
It was probably the LNAT. Average was 23.3.
Rejected from Bristol today, was offered Social Policy with Criminology instead. Still waiting on Nottingham but it'll be unlikely they'll give me an offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCL or PPL at king's and why?? Both A*AA
Original post by mitchriding
UCL or PPL at king's and why?? Both A*AA

Up to you, there's not really a big reputational difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer from KCL!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending