The Student Room Group

What age will you be ready to have a baby?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
around 20 but obvs if im married. i get broody all the time lol
Next year when I'm 25. Y'all shouldn't leave it too long. Having kids late isn't good as a user has already pointed out,the quality of egg/sperm decreases as you age.
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought the word 'broody' had only one, non-reproduction-related meaning before I saw this thread. :facepalm:
Original post by queen-bee
Next year when I'm 25. Y'all shouldn't leave it too long. Having kids late isn't good as a user has already pointed out,the quality of egg/sperm decreases as you age.

Yeah, but it's fine for people who want 1 child. I want a whole litter so I have to start early. I'm not going through all of this monthly pain for nothing :u:
Original post by cherryred90s
Yeah, but it's fine for people who want 1 child. I want a whole litter so I have to start early. I'm not going through all of this monthly pain for nothing :u:

Amen. Same here but I'm already 24 now,which sucks and the years are just flying by
Feels like never! Haha im not sure anyone is ever ready
Id probably say it ideally have one 28-32, that age range
Don't want kids, but if I decide I do it won't be until 30's, career first
You're never ready to have a baby.

And the more you wait until you think you are ready, the less ready you will probably be.

Babies ruin your life. And then build it up again better than it ever was before. That is the way of tiny people.

SS
neeeeeeeeveeeeeeeer :lol: I was a monster growing up - why would my own hypothetical children be better? the only kind of kid I'd ever want to raise would be one that stayed silent and out of my sight, yet not somewhere without my knowledge, and didn't ask for loads of expensive stuff
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Supersaps
You're never ready to have a baby.

And the more you wait until you think you are ready, the less ready you will probably be.

Babies ruin your life. And then build it up again better than it ever was before. That is the way of tiny people.

SS

That's a very cute way of putting it. :h:
possibly late 20s, early 30s

first career, then kids
Original post by glamourprincess
What age do you consider fine to have a baby and I don't know who to have a baby with but I want to study for a few years I just feel broody

32...33? I want to qualify for my job first if that even happens.....hopefully find someone by then also.
I don't think there is ever an optimum time, there will always be something that keeps popping up, noisy neighbours, your car has failed its MOT, a friend is onto their third baby and it's making you question your life, etc. I honestly believe that children will come into your life when you need them to, to shape you as a person, to teach you many things, and to discover the highs and lows of being a parent :h:

Nutshell: have a little one when you're in a place to mentally and financially cope with the life-long impact a child will have on you and your life :five::heart:
Original post by cherryred90s
Why did I think you were a guy? o.O

I dunno tbh
Prolly never
Reply 137
Unless I have the money to send them to boarding school, probably never.
Does that make me a bad person?
If I ever want to have kids it'll probably be in my late 30s, once I've got a stable job and have saved up enough money to be able to care for it.
15... but no one to have it with... message if you want babies cos im here haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending