Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age will you be ready to have a baby? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Prolly never

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Probably late 20s perhaps even early 30s depending on how my career and partners career plans out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But babe, I want children when you're 21 /:

ReputationRep:
    Unless I have the money to send them to boarding school, probably never.
    Does that make me a bad person?

ReputationRep:
    Girls, biologically: 16-30

+

Girls, culturally: 30+

=

End product: ****ed up future generation :yy:

ReputationRep:
    probably at least not until I'm 28 but I'm thinking more early 30s?

ReputationRep:
    If I ever want to have kids it'll probably be in my late 30s, once I've got a stable job and have saved up enough money to be able to care for it.

ReputationRep:
    15... but no one to have it with... message if you want babies cos im here haha

ReputationRep:
    56 years old

ReputationRep:
    like everybody else really, mid-20s/30s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

+

=

Biologically: 14 - 50

Keep having children throughout that age range. Chance decreases as time goes on. Society is impoverisher due to women being trapped to their natural rate of conception. Everybody is poor. Woo.

Also life by definition is ****ed up. It is all one big **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

Keep having children throughout that age range. Chance decreases as time goes on. Society is impoverisher due to women being trapped to their natural rate of conception. Everybody is poor. Woo.
    50 is a bit much. Isn't the average age for menopause in the 40s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    50 is a bit much. Isn't the average age for menopause in the 40s?
    I just included it in there since it can happen.

I'm not gonna produce probability distribution graph

ReputationRep:
    28-30

ReputationRep:
    My sister is 19 and just had a baby. But she has a stable job to go back to, her partner has a good job and she owns a flat. So..whenever you have a stable life I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

+

=

Also life by definition is ****ed up. It is all one big **** up.
    Guessing biologically said younger as less likely to have genetic problemos if have baby younger, tho can have one later on (though not sure what is generally max age)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Guessing biologically said younger as less likely to have genetic problemos if have baby younger, tho can have one later on (though not sure what is generally max age)
    But women would still have children past 30. You keep doing it until you can;t any more. Like rabbits. I prefer our current set up.

ReputationRep:
    Question was "ready", not "able"

ReputationRep:
    But women would still have children past 30. You keep doing it until you can;t any more. Like rabbits. I prefer our current set up.
    Fair play sir!
    People do that aye. Interesting how some have kids much earlier or later than others depending on social context etc.

Having kids is sort of one of those things where its pretty impossible to say you're totally ready for. But if I had to put an age on, probs 30 is a good balance between youth and wisdommnesss.

ReputationRep:
    I am 22 and I feel ready to start my family now. If finances allowed, then I wouldn't wait at all because I think the sooner my boyfriend and I have children, the sooner we can enjoy them.

Sadly, reality gets in the way, so I will probably have to wait until I'm 24-25 before I have a baby.

ReputationRep:
    If there is any form of mercy in this universe, you will all be infertile.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.