The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Muse
Starting psych on Tuesday. Thankfully it's a bit of a holiday as I recently stood in the union elections and have even more stuff to be dealing with. I think it's all a big game in my neurotic mind to see what the maximum I can juggle all at once is...
Meh, still hate psych, only 2 weeks and 4 days to go!
Have to go in early tomorrow to get some psych histories to present on the ward round :frown: dont like it, dont like it, dont like it!
Daveo
Meh, still hate psych, only 2 weeks and 4 days to go!
Have to go in early tomorrow to get some psych histories to present on the ward round :frown: dont like it, dont like it, dont like it!

psych histories...joy of joys.

deression is a doddle. Its the chronic schzioaffectives that are the bugger.
always shzioaffective...
Reply 2002
had a communication session today on breaking bad news to angry relatives.
Was actually quite fun being shouted at, if a tad scary.
Reply 2003
Daveo
had a communication session today on breaking bad news to angry relatives.
Was actually quite fun being shouted at, if a tad scary.

haha did you get Pip hamming it up :biggrin:
Reply 2004
j00ni
haha did you get Pip hamming it up :biggrin:
Nah, i got the breast cancer woman's daughter. She did get a bit mad with but I dealt with it :cool:
Reply 2005
that sounds really fun. i wanna do stuff :hmpf:
We put NG tubes in each other today. It was vile. I pity the patients.
Reply 2007
Try catheterising. :wink:
Reply 2008
Renal

each other?! :eek:
Reply 2009
Helenia
We put NG tubes in each other today. It was vile. I pity the patients.
Hmmm, i usually volunteer myself for everything, but I draw the line at having tubes insterted into me.

Had yet more awful psych experiences today...
Renal

There is NO WAY I am doing that to anyone in my group. Or letting anyone do it to me.

On an aside, do they teach you guys at Barts to have this one-upmanship obsession or are you just special?
Reply 2011
We're very special. :wink:

Just look at Fluffy. :p:

(What one-upmanship? :confused:)
Daveo
Hmmm, i usually volunteer myself for everything, but I draw the line at having tubes insterted into me.

Had yet more awful psych experiences today...

yeh, i do recall using some expletives when someone said it was best practicing on each other. Some dumbass tried to use the phrase "if you can't handle it how do you expect the patient to"

They need it, i don't.

Catheterising a man or woman?
Women are easy, still never done a bloke, but if its anything like those fricking models, they're hard.
then again i tried catherterising the female 'model' and got so pissed off i ended up lobbing a lubed up catheter out the window.

they don't call me 'the rage' for nothing.
Reply 2013
It's a lot tougher than the models in males especially. Had to do my first in a&e on a guy that I swear hadn't washed in months, and the nurses refused to do it due to the smell/cheese lol

I, however, am made of sterner stuff :p:
Renal

(What one-upmanship? :confused:)

"You think that's nasty? You should try x/y/z/whatever the latest thing is that we're doing, because we're at Barts and are so much greater than you!"

That :wink:
Reply 2015
Helenia
"You think that's nasty? You should try x/y/z/whatever the latest thing is that we're doing, because we're at Barts and are so much greater than you!"

That :wink:

Erm - to be fair, did you not do the same thing witht he whole NG tube, trying to trump Manchester? 'Cos to be honest, given what you've accused Renal of, that's how your post now reads... (it didn't before!)
Reply 2016
Jamie
yeh, i do recall using some expletives when someone said it was best practicing on each other. Some dumbass tried to use the phrase "if you can't handle it how do you expect the patient to"

DOn't you just want to swing for people who say that! Everyone has their own personal 'dreaded proceedure'...

Jamie

Catheterising a man or woman?
Women are easy, still never done a bloke, but if its anything like those fricking models, they're hard.
then again i tried catherterising the female 'model' and got so pissed off i ended up lobbing a lubed up catheter out the window.

they don't call me 'the rage' for nothing.

LOL! Never catheterised, just decatheterised, which is much easier - suck out a little saline (oooh errr!) and down it comes!!!!!
Reply 2017
Helenia
we are?!?! :p: :wink:
Reply 2018
Fluffy
LOL! Never catheterised, just decatheterised, which is much easier - suck out a little saline (oooh errr!) and down it comes!!!!!

Try and get it over with, if you put it off* you just know the first time you are asked will be when you are an F1, and a nurse calls you at stupid o'clock in the morning to catheterise Mr Awkward Atantomy

*not that I am trying to infer you are, but many people do, myself included for a while
Reply 2019
j00ni
Try and get it over with, if you put it off* you just know the first time you are asked will be when you are an F1, and a nurse calls you at stupid o'clock in the morning to catheterise Mr Awkward Atantomy

*not that I am trying to infer you are, but many people do, myself included for a while

LOL! Just never been around when one has 'gone up'! I'm a little worried that I'm too keen to try whatever I'm asked to do - not sure where that 'limits of your professional competence' line falls, and when you should say 'may be not this time'...

Latest

Trending

Trending