The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Renal
Surely that's psychs with 12% of all doctor suicides.

The psychiatrists told me gasmen were ahead of them, because they have crazy jobs and access to lots of fun stuff. Maybe they just want to make themselves sound slightly less crazy.
Reply 4121
I don't think I can be arsed with more application crap.
visesh
I don't think I can be arsed with more application crap.

It sucks, doesn't it? And the form has no space to write anything cool. Are you applying for Addies?
Reply 4123
Helenia
It sucks, doesn't it? And the form has no space to write anything cool. Are you applying for Addies?

I haven't even got a form yet :p: (did you read the front page of TCS this week?!) Yeah I think Addies is definitely my first choice. I think UCL or Imperial are my second, but I can't go on the open days as medsoc is run by a bunch of ****ing inbreds.

I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing, even if Dr. Wood said that they reject on average 30/170 applicants. I reckon I can do well at interview, but meh, my tripos has been more than a bit of a let down... I've heard lots of good stories about people getting in even after retakes etc, but meh, I'm still quite nervous.
Reply 4124
Helenia
The psychiatrists told me gasmen were ahead of them, because they have crazy jobs and access to lots of fun stuff. Maybe they just want to make themselves sound slightly less crazy.
I'm sure the gasboard just have more fun ways to do it.

But, to be fair, everyone has access to insulin.
dr carpenter is a legend!

he got a standing ovation today in his last nerve lecture! hehe
Reply 4126
Grrrrrrrrrrr. Our module organiser made a mistake so now we have to effectively write up two PBLs in one. 2 PBLs in 1500 words. It's impossible.

We got an email today from our head of year saying that they made a mistake (though somehow omitting the word mistake). But we still have to do the 2 PBLs in one. ******s. ARGH.

Its physically impossible. My two PBLs alone are each more than 2000 words.

Oh this is going to be a fun weekend :mad: (it's due in on monday)

I've emailed my tutor to ask if I can just do one PBL but he's an idiot and he's never going to reply within the next 24 hours. :frown:
Reply 4127
Vazzyb
dr carpenter is a legend!

he got a standing ovation today in his last nerve lecture! hehe

Yeah, you first years really need to kick the clapping habit quickly. It took us nearly 2 years to stop clapping after every lecture. The vets hate it, the natscis despise it, and most of the medics think the people who start clapping are nobs. I learnt this the hard way:biggrin: I hear he's a bit of a ledge though, so I guess tis okay! We had someone else for nerves... You'll love the heart guy.

It's perfectly normal to clap at the end of a lecture series though:biggrin: We seem to have stopped doing that now too...
Reply 4128
I have rep to give, who deserves it?
visesh
Yeah, you first years really need to kick the clapping habit quickly. It took us nearly 2 years to stop clapping after every lecture. The vets hate it, the natscis despise it, and most of the medics think the people who start clapping are nobs. I learnt this the hard way:biggrin: I hear he's a bit of a ledge though, so I guess tis okay! We had someone else for nerves... You'll love the heart guy.

It's perfectly normal to clap at the end of a lecture series though:biggrin: We seem to have stopped doing that now too...

lol

yeah ive stopped clapping after lectures now hehe

This series was really well taught (physiology teaching, so far, has been brilliant compared to over complicated MIMS and extremely vague FAB) and his 'cultural intermissions' were quite amusing too!

You must have had him for second year though? (during Neurobiology)
Reply 4130
visesh

We clap after lectures :redface: I always find the crap lectures get more claps, weird.
maybe they're sarcastic claps lol

for crap lectures we usually 'give feedback' by packing up as the person is concluding
Reply 4132
Hehe

I'm usually walking out as they finish anyway.
Yeah , we clap after every lecture. I think the idea of clapping after the crap ones is to celebrate its termination.
i miss clapping after lectures. us medics were so cool. those imbeciles who stopped clapping should be shot. we haven't clapped in our part II lectures though - only like 15 of us...
Reply 4135
Ataloss
At least they have realised its about time they thought about! :rolleyes:

Surely MTAS mark 2 (whatever it may be called) will be better than the original. Surely :confused: :confused:

Want a bet! Gimps - I'm dreading next year, as with each passing year they seem to get rid of the few parts that work ok and replace them with guff...

BMA email
The UK Foundation Programme Office has announced that there is a potential problem with two year foundation programme places as a result of an increase in the numbers of eligible non-UK graduates applying for places.

The UKFPO has said that the increase in non-UK applicants may well result in more eligible applicants than there are programmes available. Although the UKFPO believes that the vast majority of UK applicants will get into two-year programmes, they say that, because they are bound by EU legislation, they are not able to guarantee this. It is therefore possible that some UK medical school graduates may only be allocated to an FY1 post, and will have to apply for an F2 post the following year.
Reply 4136
Photios
i miss clapping after lectures. us medics were so cool. those imbeciles who stopped clapping should be shot. we haven't clapped in our part II lectures though - only like 15 of us...

You see, I am of the other view. Those who clap a lecture are muppets trying to brown nose their way to the splenic flexure. They should be shot, or at least have a frontal lobotomy to make them less irk-some.
Philosoraptor
Yeah , we clap after every lecture. I think the idea of clapping after the crap ones is to celebrate its termination.

We always used to clap in lectures just kind of always happened.... unless the lecture was really bad and then no one would clap.

I have to write my first psychology essay and am freaking out :s-smilie: I know nothing.....
we sometimes clap at the end of a bad lecture before the lecturer has finished properly in a kind of shut up now, this IS over kind of way. i wouldn't really justify clapping at any other time.
Reply 4139
I think we used to clap, its that long since i've actually had a lecture that I can't even remember!

There was lots of sarcastic clapping at the end of rubbish lectures.

Latest

Trending

Trending