The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4620
Philosoraptor
Likewise! :smile:

How do you know she meant you :p:

I'm going to wish a happy new year to all the less than amazing people :biggrin:
Reply 4621
Happy New Year to everyone.

Arrgggh first exam 2 weeks today. Tis reasonably safe to say I am *slightly* underprepared. Ie i have done about 5 hours revision so far....
Happy new year everyone :smile:

Head and neck anatomy spotter in two weeks time. Bleurgh.
Philosoraptor
Btw, are there obstretric nurses, because you have midwives and doctors, HCAs too I guess. But what would obstretric nurses do?

Not AFAIK - midwives do most of the nursey jobs (a lot of them are also qualified nurses). Addies has MCAs (Maternity Care Assistants) instead of HCAs, but I don't know if that's universal. They do pretty much the same stuff anyway. And the medical students make the tea and toast. :wink:

In answer to Muse's question, I've done Paeds, O&G and Psych for my 5th year rotations so far. I'm going back to NRO - Neurology, Rheumatology and Orthopaedics. And revision for scary bastard Pathology finals in June :s:
Reply 4624
Mwaha! I am back!
From where?
Reply 4626
Happy new year!

I'm really not finding the motivation to write a bloody long essay and revise for exams. :frown:

Speaking of which, before Christmas I was practicing an OSCE-esque cardiorespiratory exam on one of my mates and I'd left my curtains open. Strangely enough, examining the neck for lymphadenopathy while learning over with a stethoscope around my neck towards a half naked male came as a bit of a surprise to the passing commuters.

Note to self: Move.
Reply 4627
Helenia
From where?
Middle of nowhere, Ireland as it happens.
Muse
Happy new year!

I'm really not finding the motivation to write a bloody long essay and revise for exams. :frown:

Speaking of which, before Christmas I was practicing an OSCE-esque cardiorespiratory exam on one of my mates and I'd left my curtains open. Strangely enough, examining the neck for lymphadenopathy while learning over with a stethoscope around my neck towards a half naked male came as a bit of a surprise to the passing commuters.

Note to self: Move.

I'll never forget my (non-medic) flatmate's face when he came in to discover my other flatmate lying on the floor, practising a hip examination on herself, while I was examining one of the chairs. He thought we had got some new weird twisted form of yoga going on, though with less lycra.

Renal
Middle of nowhere, Ireland as it happens.

Fun fun. I've just got back from Norfolk. Shropshire seems positively urbanised.
Reply 4629
Helenia
Fun fun.
It was boozy at least. Drink of the week - Baby Guinness (double tia maria with a baileys top).
eurgh :puke:
Reply 4631
bright star
eurgh :puke:
My sister hasn't stopped vomiting yet. :s-smilie:
Reply 4632
urghh that reminds me of the baileys egg nog experience..

i like: 'God invented alcohol to stop the irish taking over the world'
anyone been stupid enough to do the baileys/lemon thing??

just me then :ninja:
Reply 4634
bright star
anyone been stupid enough to do the baileys/lemon thing??

just me then :ninja:
baileys is stupid per se!!

my housemate did that, you shoulda read the bottle!!
hahaha the stupidest thing is that i knew what it would do.... we just thought it wouldn't be that bad.... it is.
Reply 4636
CEMENT MIXER!

Saffie, you're doing one in refreshers!
Reply 4637
Cement Mixer

* 2/3 shot of Baileys
* 1/3 shot of Rosa's lime juice or cranberry juice

* Make sure not to mix them, but let the juice sit in a layer on top of the Baileys
* Then have the drinker swish their head around. What happens is that when the Bailey's and Lime/Cranberry Juice mix in their mouth they congeal into a nice thick cement-like substance, hence the name.

In your sick perverse dreams!!:eek:
Reply 4638
Saffie
In your sick perverse dreams!!:eek:
:biggrin:
Reply 4639
does anyone know a mnemonic for cranial nerves?- just can't get them to stick in my head (no pun intended)

Latest

Trending

Trending