The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Dreamer*
Does anyone know whether you can get into Cambridge and do med. with just Chemistry and Biology (+ English lit and German) at A-level? Or do you NEED an extra science ie. Physics/Maths.? There's been arguments on my thread about it so preferably an answer from someone who goes to Cambridge

Oh yeah can I join this soc? I'm not a medical student yet but I'm planning to be :o:

No, this is for current med students only, I'm afraid.

I think you need 3 science ASs and at least 2 A2s, but check the current entry requirements.

And Saffie - that would require a functional computer, which I don't currently have. Am stealing housemate's laptop atm.
AEH
Ahhh, Lara.

Haha, Lara was kick ass!
I was disappointed when Holly left though, I really felt for her and the whole stalker situation!

Sorry for butting in guys, was a fan of Casualty a few years ago. Got boring after Lara left though...
Reply 7502
Max, that's the one. He was bald and angry like a proper consultant. I've seen a bit of the recent stuff, but the thing with Maggie and the D-Dimer just made me too angry to watch. It wasn't enjoyable, more frustrating. At least she finally got with Charlie though, it might make him smile for once. Maybe. Ish.
I haven't watched Casualty in years and years! I thought it wasn't supposed to be any good these days.
House > ALL :biggrin:.
Demon_AS
House > ALL :biggrin:.

House seasons one to three where brilliant! Season 4 on the other hand :s

BTW,Grey's anatomy ftw!
Reply 7506
House isn't as good- its too much work and not enough characterisation.

:woo: I go back to London tomorrow and back to school on Monday :cry:
Reply 7507
Woo, bought myself a copy of the cheese and onion today. I guess my clinical years are actually going to start soon. Scary!
ThisLittlePiggy
House seasons one to three where brilliant! Season 4 on the other hand :s

BTW,Grey's anatomy ftw!
:no: House > Grey's Anatomy. I've seen all of both, and while GA focuses more on characterisation and drama, there's just no comparison to the sparkling wit of House :biggrin:.
Demon_AS
:no: House > Grey's Anatomy. I've seen all of both, and while GA focuses more on characterisation and drama, there's just no comparison to the sparkling wit of House :biggrin:.

Yeah, he is a funny character but I really like Grey's anatomy! Tis the shizzle.

Seeing as you love house I thought you'd might like this;

Which I have actually had as my desktop picture for many moons now.
That is an awesome picture :biggrin:.

Good stuff :top:. Favourite episode?

And all you medics better join the House M.D. soc :p:.
Favourite episode has to be the one with the supermodel who turns out to be lad allergic to testosterone as I used this example during a tutorial on reproduction which had a focus on disease and problems etc.

Turns out I was technically right. The best kind of being right.

Other favourite episodes include the season one finale.Which was amazing.
Reply 7512
Oh just saw the casualty advert- looks like Ruth is going to have another breakdown.

House isn't witty :rolleyes:
ThisLittlePiggy
Favourite episode has to be the one with the supermodel who turns out to be lad allergic to testosterone as I used this example during a tutorial on reproduction which had a focus on disease and problems etc.

I thought they were insensitive, not allergic...

Anyway, House is way better than Grey's - I just want to punch most of the main characters in that!
ThisLittlePiggy

That would be Three Stories, and my favourite, too :wink:.

And yes, the model-episode was also good.

Saffie: Of course House is witty! Maybe you just don't get it :p: :p:.
Helenia
I thought they were insensitive, not allergic...

Anyway, House is way better than Grey's - I just want to punch most of the main characters in that!

Just double checked and you are indeed correct. Turns out she/he had Androgen insensitivity syndrome.

I agree with you in that I would also like to batter some characters such as Alex but that is what makes it great. They all get there comeuppance in the end.

House,for me, has the same feel about it most of the time. Everyone has a guess.They get it wrong.House has a guess and it may be wrong or right.In the end House gets it right after they have done a million things wrong and broken into someones' house.

Don't get me wrong though. I still enjoy it but it is repetitive when you have a marathon session of it like I did during the exams.
Formulaic, though it doubtless is, I still find the show endlessly entertaining :wink:. And, medicine aside, I love the one-liners :biggrin:.

Edit: Enjoy this!
Reply 7517
I had a mind blank in my parasitology exams last year, but remembered the first episode of season one and wrote about neurocystocercosis and taenia solium. Woot.

Grey's is ghey.
Demon_AS

And all you medics better join the House M.D. soc :p:.

What are the benefits of joining? :p: What do we get? :biggrin:
Ataloss
What are the benefits of joining? :p: What do we get? :biggrin:
You get to represent the best TV show ever :p:.

Latest

Trending

Trending