The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7740
Hey Fluffy, lifes good here :smile: so what almost brought you to the delights of GRH A&E on sunday?!
Reply 7741
Went home for the weekend for my brothers 21st. My aunt and uncle are staying with my mum and dad, and my uncle broke his insulin pen :eek: Fixed it though, else it would have been a mercy dash for insulin syringes!
Reply 7742
That last bit in the low font size looks a little bit more interesting (Good show to yourself as well Touche). You can't tickle my curiosity with phrases like that and leave it....
Reply 7743
Elles.... I'm intrigued..?

what's everyones experiences of commuting for hours a day to firms? (esp AEH as I guess you did the same route) I'm not up for it. 9-5 is bad enough when it takes 30 mins to get there! And how much does it have to cost to be entitled to claim money back?
Birmingham to Wolverhampton. 5.45am wake. Nuff said. (Ouch)
flipping heck do u walk?
Touche
Passed my MSc with merit... hell yeah :biggrin:

Mr Touche MBBS MSc MFSEM MRCS

Congratulations. :smile:

Must make all the stress of punters not turning up etc.. seem worth it now. :yep:
Elles

But in other (non medicine & announcement status pending news)... :woo: :yep: :biggrin: !

How exciting. :biggrin: Wonder what it could be - I hate having to wait. :p:

Suspects there may be a ring involved. :yep:
Reply 7748
Saffie
Elles.... I'm intrigued..?

what's everyones experiences of commuting for hours a day to firms? (esp AEH as I guess you did the same route) I'm not up for it. 9-5 is bad enough when it takes 30 mins to get there! And how much does it have to cost to be entitled to claim money back?

From my experience last year, how much you need to spend seems to depend on your LEA... It's generally around £180 a year, after which they will pay. If you're at a BHR hospital, given it's outside zone 6, the School will pay your travel from the edge of zone 6... Speak to the Student Office - if they are no good try the GP teaching admins, as they are the dogs when it comes to sorting this stuff out (more GPs come under the outta zone 6 thing, where only BHR does, so they seem to know more).

HtH
Reply 7749
Elles

But in other (non medicine & announcement status pending news)... :woo: :yep: :biggrin: !

Hmmm... Your facebook status only adds to the intrigue!
Elles
Big Congrats Touche!
& Helenia. No idea when we'll find out ours, or whether they have the right data for the preclinical part, humph...

Is this what I think it might be?

You'll have to find out your ranking soon because job apps open in a few weeks. Ours were based on MVST IA and IB 2nd MB (not Tripos, I think), Stage 1 (end of 4th year) OSCE, Final MB Part I (Pathology) and Final MB Part II (Paediatrics and Obs&Gynae).
someone is getting married...

It's my seventh sense.
Elles I'm confused :s-smilie:

Elective is still plodding along :p: got to take a couple of days off and fly for a long weekend in portugal which was great.... until I got a cold :frown: dam planes with their recirculating air :frown:
Oo, well done Helenia and Touche! :party:

I'm loving Orthopaedics more than I expected to, worth the 8 am starts :biggrin:
Reply 7754
Saffie - For KGH I got the Central from Mile End to Newbury Park, then one of two different bus routes to the hospital and went through the gate in the hedge at the back of the hospital. If that's playing up, then get the c2c to Barking and the bus from there (Sorry, you'll have to TFL for the bus numbers, can't remember them off the top of my head). Took me an hour in total, from my front door (Sure you know where that is, you've been there enough times) to being on the ward with my stethoscope. Do you know where you are yet? Should have an email anytime now. Give me a ring if you need anything anyway.
Reply 7755
Helenia
Is this what I think it might be?

You'll have to find out your ranking soon because job apps open in a few weeks. Ours were based on MVST IA and IB 2nd MB (not Tripos, I think), Stage 1 (end of 4th year) OSCE, Final MB Part I (Pathology) and Final MB Part II (Paediatrics and Obs&Gynae).

Yeah, I was more than a little happy when I read that Tripos isn't taken into consideration. I guess it comes under the intercalated-degree-classification-point-score, so it would be incredibly unfair to count those damned essays towards the ranking:p:
Reply 7756
AEH
Saffie - For KGH I got the Central from Mile End to Newbury Park, then one of two different bus routes to the hospital and went through the gate in the hedge at the back of the hospital. If that's playing up, then get the c2c to Barking and the bus from there (Sorry, you'll have to TFL for the bus numbers, can't remember them off the top of my head). Took me an hour in total, from my front door (Sure you know where that is, you've been there enough times) to being on the ward with my stethoscope. Do you know where you are yet? Should have an email anytime now. Give me a ring if you need anything anyway.
yes, I had an email today. I'm at KGH too, so the commute shouldn't take as long as I anticipated. :biggrin: I think there's only 15 of us there. :afraid:

Thanks for the help, and thanks fluffy too.
I'm going back to Hull tomorrow...

Let the pain begin :p:.
I KNOW NOTHING.
Reply 7759
herecomestrouble
I KNOW NOTHING.
me either, i reckon its quite blaggable/learnable though :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending