The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fluffy
Je suis in Hell-low now for a month... :frown:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't go back!!!!! No shatters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Reply 8401
Fluffy
Je suis in Hell-low now for a month... :frown:
Rubbish! :mad:
Reply 8402
In deedy - and it's surgery, so double rubbish! I'm not sure I can sustain 4/52s worth of trying to look keen, unless I can be someones flubber again! :wink:
Fluffy
In deedy - and it's surgery, so double rubbish! I'm not sure I can sustain 4/52s worth of trying to look keen, unless I can be someones flubber again! :wink:
Flubbery Bucket! Just try to avoid the kebab shop :p:
Reply 8404
Ahhhh - what a legend!
Reply 8405
And I'm back from Colchester, also can't believe how fast its gone. Really glad to be home, where my bed, tv and everything else is. Roll on return to Homerton in two weeks time to see mine and Fluffy's old friend.

Oh, and Harlow ain't that bad. Although I do remember who your surgical consultant is, I still don't think its that bad. If its the same SpR as was there a few months back, you'll have a great time, just say hello from me. Preferably in a bad French accent.
Reply 8406
I don't know who my consultant will be yet. Just saying that that is who I want! I love him! :smile: That reg was there when I did ICS2! She's v nice too!
Urm Help?

I know how to reference, but not really what to reference....Because we're supposed to reference others' ideas, but not necessarily common knowledge.

The lecture we had on this was a while back and tbh I can't really remember. Would I have to reference for example the fact that the gene(s) for heamoglobin has been sequenced? Or is that common knowledge/sense? It seems so basic in a geneticsy type essay, but I don't want to plagiarise....thanks :smile:
You can't really over-reference, so err on the side of caution.
"The genes for haemoglobin have been sequenced" is certainly something I would reference myself.
Reply 8409
I agree, I'd reference it or at least the sentence as a whole.
Thanks guys.

Reading for and writing essay. Let battle commence :biggrin:
Reply 8411
aye - I'd argue it's common scientific knowledge, but referencing the original research paper revealing the sequence (and not just a text book that mentions it!) always looks good...
Elles
I didn't get called for one, but remember some of my friends mentioning their interviewers were big on talking about the FHS project and EBM.

Try asking your college medics in the year above at the next society thing if you have them, or corner/facebook them? Quistis on here had one last year, though she may have locked it to a distant part of Oxford-memories not to be readily accessed in the near future..!

Helenia
I did for Cambridge. I can't remember too much specifics - they did actually ask me why I wanted to do Medicine and why I wanted to stay in Cambridge though. :o: There were 4 on the panel - the Dean, a clinical pharmacologist, some other doctor and a final year student. The clin pharm guy asked me about my dissertation (I was doing my Part II in Pharmacology), we talked a bit about ethics and law (I did Medical Ethics and Law as my minor subject) and then the student asked about my extra-curricular interests and what I'd like to get involved in at the clinical school. Nothing earth-shatteringly exciting, and I don't think I said anything too stupid. Seemed to do the trick, anyway. :smile:

I think I may have spoken too soon about none of our patients dying - I strongly suspect one of them may not still be around by Monday. :frown: Oh, and I'm joining the hating-new-style-cannulas club.

Thanks guys, had a bit of a subconcious fear that it was going to be the preclinical interview all over again...:frown:. I'll ask some people in the year above as well.
Did someposts get deleated?

Ended up chatting to people til 3 last night. No work done :frown: :biggrin:

Anyways, got up about 10:30, froze, went on facebook, decided to take another nap. Only just returned from the land of fluffy pillows.

Essay - 150 words.
Do some work fresher.

I did my last ever MDs show last night. Got to bed at 7.30 this morning. Majorly troughing right now.
It's Sunday, and I've only just found time to sit down and eat something (a bowl of crisps, how healthy...! :rolleyes:). Just been on my feet all day! Came in from an anatomy session... they only serve to remind me how much I suck at anatomy :p:.
This sucks.

I want to read something published in '65. The electronic reference starts in '66.

bugger that then.

Essay 200 words.
Demon_AS
It's Sunday, and I've only just found time to sit down and eat something (a bowl of crisps, how healthy...! :rolleyes:). Just been on my feet all day! Came in from an anatomy session... they only serve to remind me how much I suck at anatomy :p:.

The weekend is sacred. Thou shalt not be a medical student at the weekend.
Reply 8418
I had to spend my afternoon on the ward. I'm apparently presenting a case to a consultant/prof on another firm (:/) and sort of didn't go to the wards much last week so needed to get some infoooo and clerk someone. The ward is much less hectic and more student friendly on Sunday afternoon...!
Reply 8419
ThisLittlePiggy
The weekend is sacred. Thou shalt not be a medical student at the weekend.

We've been having Saturday morning lectures/past paper sessions... mock EMQ next Saturday. :bawling:

Latest

Trending

Trending