The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8720
visesh
I don't really know what to say about this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=749957

He sort of has a point, if you see it from a right-wing perspective, but he's being a dick.

Two pages in and its hit the "Fag-smokers and immi-gants are stealing our helf service wot we paid for innit", only with special super-bonus added pretentious sixth form writing.
mrs_bellamy
I have a 2000 word essay on professionalism and independent learning. :rolleyes:

:rofl: That sounds exciting!
Sorry, that's probably not a very helpful comment. :o:

And woo, I hadn't even noticed the new sub-forum, I usually just used Subscribed Threads list to get here. It's quite cool :biggrin:
kate0904
When did we get our own little sub-forum? I've only just noticed it and was thinking i might be blind lol

You've had it three weeks...

...actually it was created this morning. We asked you guys in here if you wanted a current students forum, a applicants forum or no change about 8-10 months ago and 50% of those who responded wanted a current students forum. We've now decided to trial a few forums for current students. This is one of them.

So yep, talk about anything to do with your courses or being a medic in this forum now. We'll be looking at it in a few months time and if there is enough activity it'll stay.

Also, if any of you can think of a better name or description, please let us know and we'll consider changing it.

Enjoy your new forum :smile:
Manchester have just published the allocations for clinicals, and I'm at ******* Preston :mad:
Reply 8724
Hmm I have a ranking and looks like I could intercalate at BL if I wanted to... dont think I do though :s-smilie:
Reply 8725
Alex L
Manchester have just published the allocations for clinicals, and I'm at ******* Preston :mad:

:smile: sad times
Daveo
:smile: sad times

We didn't even get a choice this year. Or any warning that they were publishing the list, just checked Medlea and there it was, my order to relocate for three years :frown:
Alex L
We didn't even get a choice this year. Or any warning that they were publishing the list, just checked Medlea and there it was, my order to relocate for three years :frown:

What does that mean? That you stay in manc for preclins and bugger off for clinicals?

Condolences :frown:
Argh I feel totally lost. We've done head and neck anatomy all in one week, and it is going to be in our exam at the beginning of January :frown: I actually understood none of the lectures at all, I'm so rubbish. Anyone have ANY idea how I could start trying to learn some of this stuff? I don't even know where to start :frown:
Wangers
What does that mean? That you stay in manc for preclins and bugger off for clinicals?

Condolences :frown:

Yep, most people will be in one of the three bases that are in/around Manchester, but 60 of us have been allocated to Preston. Can't tell if its a good or bad thing, all my good friends are still in Manchester, but Preston is by far the best teaching hospital
Miss Monkey
Argh I feel totally lost. We've done head and neck anatomy all in one week, and it is going to be in our exam at the beginning of January :frown: I actually understood none of the lectures at all, I'm so rubbish. Anyone have ANY idea how I could start trying to learn some of this stuff? I don't even know where to start :frown:

Dean and Pegginton Vol I I think it is is very very short and apparently excellent for head and neck. Its what the second years use here. Good luck.
Bw, how do you make it so that you don't receive emails about threads on TSR. I cannot find it.
Reply 8732
ThisLittlePiggy
Bw, how do you make it so that you don't receive emails about threads on TSR. I cannot find it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

Halfway down, it says Default Subscription Mode. Select No Email Notificattion
argh!!! ELECTIVES!! i have no idea what to do and it's less than a year away! where would you go??
Miss Monkey

i've got the grey's anatomy flash cards. i find them really good cos i can take them with me wherever i go and revise.
Reply 8735
RK
Also, if any of you can think of a better name or description, please let us know and we'll consider changing it.
Current medical students only! :colone:
fairycakes
argh!!! ELECTIVES!! i have no idea what to do and it's less than a year away! where would you go??

Rarotonga. In 2 weeks!
Renal

Absolutely.
Renal

I think we'll pass over this suggestion :p:

But it brings up a good point - this forum really ought to be for those who have finished uni too and are in their first fews years of work...so a better name to incoorproate that too would be great.
Reply 8739
Alex L

That is ****!

Latest

Trending

Trending