The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9420
Saffie
Is everyone else having the time of their lives at med school???
I've had some amazing times with some amazing people, but, generally speaking, it's not all it's cracked up to be and can be quite hard, quite depressing and very frustrating at times. I think the trick is to go a little out of your way to have fun and be involved. Recognise what the good times have been and enjoy them for what they were.
1st year was amazing. We went out all the time,we did our work and passed our exams.Now we hardly go out,we do our work and don't think we will pass our exams.
Reply 9422
Anyone suggest a place where you can go to avoid valentines day? It's bloody everywhere!
Reply 9423
Hmmmm... Just got off the phone to him in doors... Some post arrived for me today, no idea what it was so I got him to open it. Turns out I won one of the year 4 prizes!!!! A nice cheque too (dated the begining of October 2008!!!), which will come in handy for eating and stuff (bloody final year poverty!) I'm just a bit bemused (but not overly surprised) that the School didn't mention it to me in any way, shape or form!!! Still, definitely the kind of lack of communication I can cope with!!!

I've never won a nerdy prize before :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Fluffy
Hmmmm... Just got off the phone to him in doors... Some post arrived for me today, no idea what it was so I got him to open it. Turns out I won one of the year 4 prizes!!!! A nice cheque too (dated the begining of October 2008!!!), which will come in handy for eating and stuff (bloody final year poverty!) I'm just a bit bemused (but not overly surprised) that the School didn't mention it to me in any way, shape or form!!! Still, definitely the kind of lack of communication I can cope with!!!

Joking aside, congratulations and well done. You deserve it! :yep:

:biggrin:
Reply 9425
Fluffy

Thats awesome news. Well done!!:biggrin:
Reply 9426
Fluffy

Spod! :wink:
Fluffy

Wicked news, congratulations :biggrin:
Sarky
Anyone suggest a place where you can go to avoid valentines day? It's bloody everywhere!
Mortuary :wink:.

Or a small village somewhere in the middle of Yorkshire, with a population of 10 - none of whom speak understandable english :yes:.
Fluffy

'grats, Fluffs :biggrin:.
Reply 9430
Demon_AS
Mortuary :wink:.

Or a small village somewhere in the middle of Yorkshire, with a population of 10 - none of whom speak understandable english :yes:.

Sounds great fun :s-smilie:

I might just go and hide at my nans until the whole thing is over :frown:
Sarky

urgh valentines day - a conspiracy invented by card companies so theres no after christmas slump.
i dont understand why people go all mushy and crap.
im gonna go have a drink

im sooooooo bored i have a job starting tuesday or maybe thursday or maybe whenever they call me. nice.
Reply 9432
fairy spangles
urgh valentines day - a conspiracy invented by card companies so theres no after christmas slump.
i dont understand why people go all mushy and crap.
im gonna go have a drink

im sooooooo bored i have a job starting tuesday or maybe thursday or maybe whenever they call me. nice.

Would you like to write my essay on political ideologies in museum displays? I'm discussing postmodernism and liberalism in relation to the Body Worlds exhibition....
Sarky
Would you like to write my essay on political ideologies in museum displays? I'm discussing postmodernism and liberalism in relation to the Body Worlds exhibition....

erm - i got to would you like to write before my brain turned off - but hey why not lol.
Reply 9434
fairy spangles
erm - i got to would you like to write before my brain turned off - but hey why not lol.

Thats the problem, so did I! :woo:
Wangers
If anyones around, I don't really understand why an elevated JVP can be indicative of right heart failure? If the pressure is high, that means indirectly RA pressure is high, so bad RV?

visesh
RV failure leads to back pressure i.e. increased pressure in the venous system and capillaries (hence the other signs such as peripheral oedema). The increased venous pressure means that more blood 'backs up' in the SVC and therefore the jugular veins.

It's also a sign of fluid overload.

just to add what visesh has said, if the patient had left heart failure, then the problems would be in the lung vasculature, which leads to breathing problems...
Reply 9436
I'm tempted to go and do ATLS abroad :ninja:
Comp_Genius
just to add what visesh has said, if the patient had left heart failure, then the problems would be in the lung vasculature, which leads to breathing problems...

You mean right heart fail, yes? unless you're saying the bronchial part from the systemic circulation is buggered?
Reply 9438
Daveo
I'm tempted to go and do ATLS abroad :ninja:
Why? No courses here?
Note to self.Sometimes harmless fun becomes harmful and then you end up with a swollen face.

:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending