The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sarky
Thank you for the congratulations. :p:

Yes ours do sound very different, However I took the original exams and passed just the same as everyone else, despite missing lots because i have been in hospital a lot.

Acutally in my last module i got 49% despite missing 3 weeks of the 6 week module and missing one of the exams for it (Pass mark 50%) but i managed to pass the end of year exams and i must have done okish to pull my mark up enough to pass with the grade i got.

I never expected it to be the same anywhere else, to be honest i'm just happy for myself. I did not want to spend this summer doing resits.

Whoops, i didn't congratulate!
Very sorry, I'm a bit brain dead at the mo. have even had to get myself tanked up on sleeping pills.
tonight is my 'off night' gonna try and go to bed now.
noight all.
Reply 1681
At 7pm I'll be queuing for our Commemoration Ball! :biggrin: (College looks amazing at the mo - the trees & buildings have fairytale lighting...)

Though I bet someone will look me up & tell me irregardless of wanting to know. :rolleyes:
Reply 1682
Have fun at your ball!

I don't go to balls as i have no-one to go with sob sob. Still try and avoid busybodies telling you things. There was no-one there when i went. Quite selfishly i didn't feel like patting people on the back telling them how well they'd done. Especially as so many people insist on gloating!

Good luck for tomorrow!
Sarky
Hi everyone,

Well i got my results and i passed which is great. I didn't do nearly as well as i wanted to but that doesn't matter because in the circumstances i did well. I was told that they would only look at my special considerations form if i failed, so i know the grade i got is the grade i was meant to have.

It's been a very very long year. At times (and even now) i've considered leaving. Not because of medicine because i love that, but outside factors have made being at uni a chore rather than a pleasant experience. I've still to make my final decision, but at least i have a choice now rather than being forced out by failing. I know if i had been well i could have got a top grade, so thats something.

Anyway thanks to all who have supported me this year, especially ataloss...without him i would have been well...at a loss!

Hope you all do well.

Congratulations hun.

You deserve it. :smile:
Reply 1684
Sarky
Hi everyone,

Well i got my results and i passed which is great. I didn't do nearly as well as i wanted to but that doesn't matter because in the circumstances i did well. I was told that they would only look at my special considerations form if i failed, so i know the grade i got is the grade i was meant to have.

It's been a very very long year. At times (and even now) i've considered leaving. Not because of medicine because i love that, but outside factors have made being at uni a chore rather than a pleasant experience. I've still to make my final decision, but at least i have a choice now rather than being forced out by failing. I know if i had been well i could have got a top grade, so thats something.

Anyway thanks to all who have supported me this year, especially ataloss...without him i would have been well...at a loss!

Hope you all do well.

Congratulations hon! That news really has made my day :smile:

As for leaving - this is what you want to do, you've passed your year inspite of all the **** you've had to cope with plus you're a very capable girl... Don't let a bunch of bastards and some horrid circumstances get in the way of that. You've gotten this far (and I know it's been a battle), but with all the effort you've put in since I've known you, remember you *only* have to put the same in again and you will be Dr Sarky...

Good luck with what you decide.

Fluffles
xxx
I passed all my first year exams! yey, and tonight i await my fate....i get a call to say if i got the job in majorca or not, then ill be flying monday if i do! :biggrin:
yey i got the job! fly to menorca on wednesday!
Reply 1687
Exams start on Monday - massive feeling of impending doom :frown:
Fluffy
Exams start on Monday - massive feeling of impending doom :frown:

ditto. and can not get myself to work at all. And not in a 'i'm only doing 5 hours a day sense, mroe a 'can not even pick up a book at all, and have spent the day playing computer games adn watching scrubs' sense.
Congrats Sarky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and good luck everyone else with their exams/results

I'm shadowing my housejob at the moment in Lincoln which is good but a bit scary!
joyabbott
Congrats Sarky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and good luck everyone else with their exams/results

I'm shadowing my housejob at the moment in Lincoln which is good but a bit scary!

well it is lincoln...

I'm confused, i thought you were final year. haven't you just now graduated?
late end or early start?
Reply 1691
I'm literally ****ting myself!

I hate exams!
Robot Chicken
well it is lincoln...

I'm confused, i thought you were final year. haven't you just now graduated?
late end or early start?

lol... Lincoln is lovely. Job a bit scary, but then I'm sure that'd be the same where ever I was.

I have graduated, but we spend 2 weeks shadowing the job that we start in August to 'orientate' ourselves (and go out a lot in the evenings)
joyabbott
lol... Lincoln is lovely. Job a bit scary, but then I'm sure that'd be the same where ever I was.

I have graduated, but we spend 2 weeks shadowing the job that we start in August to 'orientate' ourselves (and go out a lot in the evenings)

Lincoln in the evenings. lovely. Yates and the forum before a night in pulse/ritzys/jumpin jaks.
Think my uncle still works the door at ritzys.

not a fan of lincoln hospital myself. think it's a bit dingey. and too close to the nasty as prison for comfort.
Reply 1694
Pre-emptive :party: :elefant: :marchmell for Helenia :star: till she gets herself in here.

(Doesn't look like I'm going to find out today either - I know i didn't want to know, but... :bawling: )
Reply 1695
Congrats to Helenia!!!

Are you stull waiting Elles?
Reply 1696
T'was a "backlog" now "an administrative problem" - the examiners met Thursday & they were due out Friday... :frown:
Reply 1697
Urgh! Well - keeping my fingers crossed for you, not that you'll need it :smile:

Double urgh! First exam over with - was OK I guess, but I'm always poor at guaging my exam performance... two to go... Not looking forward to the OSCE and practical on Friday though :frown: :frown: :frown:
Have found out that my exam results come out some point during the week of the 10th of july aghhhhhhhhhhhh so long to wait!
Reply 1699
My exam results are coming in 2 days time. Getting nervous :/.

Latest

Trending

Trending