The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ZakBrannigan
It must have changed somewhat since i went to UCLAN many years ago discombobulation.I never found Preston to be expensive but then again it was many years ago.I still think UCLAN is a good university to go to.:yep:

It's not expensive generally but we need to rent a 2-3 bed house within easy reach of town centre for my partner's work as if he finds any (where we move) it'll end up being city centre-ish. :smile:
Holamigo
Yeyy Chester :smile:
That's where i'm going. It is a lovely place! but it can also be expensive to live there too.

True but I know the area better (its only 20 minutes from where I am now) so finding somewhere should be easier and finding work could be easier for my partner as there's loads of countrified pubs about too!
discombobulation
It's not expensive generally but we need to rent a 2-3 bed house within easy reach of town centre for my partner's work as if he finds any (where we move) it'll end up being city centre-ish. :smile:

Oh i see discombobulation.I keep forgetting its a lot harder if you have partner and other commitments.I think its a lot easier if u single going to university:yep:
ZakBrannigan
Oh i see discombobulation.I keep forgetting its a lot harder if you have partner and other commitments.I think its a lot easier if u single going to university:yep:

Well, it's gonna be my second degree, I'm gonna be 26 when I finish.
I don't think I'd be doing the degree if I wasn't with my partner because there would be no way I could afford it and there would have been no chance of me going back into uni accommodation etc.
It's well easier this way round for me :smile: :smile:
discombobulation
Well, it's gonna be my second degree, I'm gonna be 26 when I finish.
I don't think I'd be doing the degree if I wasn't with my partner because there would be no way I could afford it and there would have been no chance of me going back into uni accommodation etc.
It's well easier this way round for me :smile: :smile:

oh i see discombobulation You have already have a degree so you shouldnt have a problem with all the academic work that is involved.I agree it can be very hard financialwise if you dont have a partner.I consider myself in that boat as when u do a NHS course you get less if u do a degree then you do if you do the diploma thats what i am waying up at the mo.I know where you coming from and 26 is still young :yep: I would also say childrens nursing is very hard to get into because 1)there is only a few places a year 2) its very competitive but good luck with everything:yep:
ZakBrannigan
oh i see discombobulation You have already have a degree so you shouldnt have a problem with all the academic work that is involved.I agree it can be very hard financialwise if you dont have a partner.I consider myself in that boat as when u do a NHS course you get less if u do a degree then you do if you do the diploma thats what i am waying up at the mo.I know where you coming from and 26 is still young :yep: I would also say childrens nursing is very hard to get into because 1)there is only a few places a year 2) its very competitive but good luck with everything:yep:

I can't get much of a student loan or grant either because of my commitments from the current degree hehe!

I don't expect to get any offers for children's, my form isn't even off yet but I'm not too dispondent and I'll be happy to reapply for a different branch :smile:
Reply 26
Birmingham maybe because you not competing against child nurses but all nurses, and because child nursing is the most oversubscribed (i think) this may even things out a bit :smile:

Latest