The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
icn06
It's different because it signifies a level of desperation that isn't attractive...

LOL yes I expect them to be honest with me and I would hope anyone who wants a serious relationship would be open about their past. I really didn't think girls or guys would lie to someone when they truly care about them?

To protect you? To avoid you blowing your top?

Sorry, if I knew you would react badly I would simply refuse to discuss something.
Reply 81
icn06
Lol I don't know about "analysing" but to be able to give a general description of who they are yeah!

Maybe I'm not making it clear enough that I don't just jump into bed with people I don't know? No one should...

Plenty of people, male and female, do.
Reply 82
mart2306
Plenty of people, male and female, do.

Just because they do it doesn't make it right. And it certainly makes it a crap relationship with a weak foundation.
Reply 83
mart2306
To protect you? To avoid you blowing your top?

Sorry, if I knew you would react badly I would simply refuse to discuss something.

How about I'm with something who I don't need to be "protected" from and who's past coincides with what I want in a partner. Maybe if he tells me beforehand and gives a really good explanation and expresses regret over it I'd be able to look passed it.
Reply 84
mart2306
No idea why you would feel manipulated. Though could see how a guy would want to not tell you about it if that is how you would react.
Prostitutes are no different than you or I. Just they charge cash rather than dinner, drink, relationship or whatever.
I know many of our local prostitutes, they use my employer's facilities. If I didn't see them out of a night or they didn't say they were a prostitute there is absolutely no way of telling.

I'm not saying prostitutes aren't people. I'm saying I'd prefer it if my partner hadn't paid for sex in the past.
Reply 85
icn06
How about I'm with something who I don't need to be "protected" from and who's past coincides with what I want in a partner. Maybe if he tells me beforehand and gives a really good explanation and expresses regret over it I'd be able to look passed it.

So one has to ehm....justify himself about what he has done in the past to be good enough for you?

Kinda like when you get arrested and they look at your criminal records :woo:
Reply 86
IMO you should not hire a prostitute. You should hire two of them, at least you will have something which has a small chance of happening in real life as opposed to one-on-one sex :sexface:
Lolafifi
Sorry to keep sticking my nose in, but I hope beyond hope that my first boyfriend is a virgin. (If I ever get one.. I can't even imagine referring to 'my boyfriend' in a sentence).

I used to wish for the same thing. A girlfriend who was a virgin. Back when I was 16 or so it was a big thing for me, and back then I wasn't remotely interested in being with a girl who'd even slept with ONE guy.

I'm now 20, and every girl I've been with since hasn't been a virgin. It bothered me at first, infact I'd say my jealousy over my first girlfriend having slept with other guys was probably one of the reasons we broke up. After her it never bothered me, I learned that you just need to be mature and realise that in this modern day people just have sex.. It's no big deal as long as you're safe and not being a giant slag about it :smile:

Fair play to you if you want to date a virgin, it'd be nice for you to experience sex for the first time together. Personally I was glad my first girlfriend was experienced as it made the whole thing that much easier :wink:

EDIT: To the OP, **** that, just get drunk and go find a girl in a club. Most of them are up for it and they're free! Or just wait untill you meet a nice girl, the experience will be more fun then I reckon :smile:
Reply 88
icn06
I'm not saying prostitutes aren't people. I'm saying I'd prefer it if my partner hadn't paid for sex in the past.

Hadn't paid cash? Or hadn't paid with dinner, drinks, whatever?
Reply 89
icn06

May not regret it.

Would you want them to give a good explanation and express regret over any previous one night stand too?
Reply 90
Frieza
So one has to ehm....justify himself about what he has done in the past to be good enough for you?

Kinda like when you get arrested and they look at your criminal records :woo:

No it's not about being good enough it's about compatibility. I can't see myself falling in love with someone who thinks it's okay to sleep with a prostitute when he's single.
Reply 91
Moa
IMO you should not hire a prostitute. You should hire two of them, at least you will have something which has a small chance of happening in real life as opposed to one-on-one sex :sexface:

Nah, I think one will just play around with her mobile while the other is doing her duty. Waste of money.
Reply 92
mart2306
May not regret it.

Would you want them to give a good explanation and express regret over any previous one night stand too?

If not regret, at least be of the view that he wouldn't do it again...because he is now more mature and realizes that it isn't a good way to live.
Reply 93
icn06
Just because they do it doesn't make it right. And it certainly makes it a crap relationship with a weak foundation.

Only if they allow it to be a crap relationship with a weak foundation.

How many people end up in a committed relationship from that? I've known some.
Reply 94
mart2306
Hadn't paid cash? Or hadn't paid with dinner, drinks, whatever?

"Dinner, drinks, and whatever" are not a gaurantee for sex. It is setting up getting to know each other to see if you suit in hopes of entering a long term meaningful relationship.

Paying a hooker to get you off for one night is not the same, and you know it.
Reply 95
mart2306
Only if they allow it to be a crap relationship with a weak foundation.

How many people end up in a committed relationship from that? I've known some.

A committed relationship that is based on lies isn't worth having. For one, you aren't with the person you think you're with. You're with someone pretending to be what they think you want. Eventually, it all comes out in the end (even if it's years later) and it isn't pretty.
Reply 96
icn06
No it's not about being good enough it's about compatibility. I can't see myself falling in love with someone who thinks it's okay to sleep with a prostitute when he's single.

Oh well, if you mean one that habitually goes with prostitutes I agree with you 100%.

I was just saying that one shouldn't have to justify each ********/mistake he has done in the past.
Reply 97
Frieza
Oh well, if you mean one that habitually goes with prostitutes I agree with you 100%.

I was just saying that one shouldn't have to justify each ********/mistake he has done in the past.

Nope not justify, just mention.
Reply 98
Moa

I like your style. We should team up and buy four!
Reply 99
Frieza
Nah, I think one will just play around with her mobile while the other is doing her duty. Waste of money.

Get ones with good reviews

Latest

Trending

Trending