The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
aww i know exactly how you feel mine's really bad at the mo! go to the doctor's, if you're still in full time education you can get all the usual over the counter stuff for free, and stronger stuff if that doesn't work. piriton and piriteze i find are quite good, nasal sprays and for your eyes some eyedrops should really help. there's loads available so good luck! Cxx
Reply 2
im a hayfever sufferer and it went mad in the exams lol.
A sneeze here and a sneeze there....
Hayfever tablets help a bit.

Try not to rub ur nose or eyes that much, it can only get worse.

The itchyness is too overwhelming to handle sometimes...
Reply 3
beconase spray is the bomb for hayfever!! I'm a big time sufferer, but this stuff is amazing. When it gets really bad, u could also try rubbing some vaseline in ur nostrils cause tht stops pollen reaching the sensory nerves which cause u to suffer when they come into contact with pollen
awww me 2!!! i hate it! i never used to get it this bad but now i feel like i'm dying! slight exaggeration perhaps but ARGH!!!!
Reply 5
vaseline?kewl i'll try tht-thnks..ive tried clarityn and piriton and all tht-but its soo irritating spesh in the middle of exams!!arghh..its also annoying tht i cnt go out in the evenings coz thts wen it gts really bad for me..
Reply 6
I get what I can only describe as a "fizzy nose" which can be incredibly painful sometimes. I was given decongestant tablets which work a treat but you can't use them too often :-(
Reply 7
doodle
omg..im dying of hayfever at the moment and my eyes look really messd up and red/puffy..r ther any otha sufferers out ther who kno anything to help?*sniff sniff*

I know the feeling! I've had such bad hayfever the past few days :frown: I've never tried the nose sprays that people have mentioned, but a tiny dot of vaseline at the bottom of your nose and it catches some of the pollen so makes you sneeze less and stops your nose running so much :smile: Unfortunately I don't know anything that works for eyes, other than eye drops. Which I don't use cos I can't stand them :redface: To temporarily relieve symptoms though a cold wet cloth over your eyes soothes them a bit.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 8
im sitting here at the desk and my eyes r waterinnggg lyke hell and my nose and throat r killing me..*reaches for yet anotha tissue*..
I take Benadryl and it works for sneezing and my exams, but i cannot breathe at all! Nothing seems to work. I have just bought some Karvol capsules and did a steam and put it on my pillow, but that doesn't work. Decongestants aren't working either. Sitting in an exam with a runny/blocked nose really sucks!
Reply 10
yep-hell do i know about it!its even disturbing my tv time!watchin the o.c. is nooo good wen ur concentratin on tryna unblok ur nose 1/2 the time-looll
Got some good advice on hayfever for you mate
My hayfever is seriously :angry: cant explain!

I reckon that tablets are no good nowdays.
I recommended Beconase spray which is decent but only lasts 2-3hours however dont use this too much as it contains steroids and can seriously fu*k you up over time!
Also sticky stubstances e.g vas can be put on the inside edges of the nose so the pollen cant get it and also eyedrops :smile:
Reply 12
boots do some one use cooling soothing eye masks that you but in a box of six individually wrapped sachets. they are really helping me out at the moment to stop the extreme itchiness - 10mins of that and then back to chemistry revision!

also if you have really red and puffy eyes, try the optrex eyewash solution. not to wash out your eyes but on some cotton wool pads to use as a mask. it has natural witch hazel or summat and takes down all the swolleniness sp?

did anyone else used to use the piriton syrup? i got it all the time when i was little for my allergies, and i now find is like a psychological association type thing but whenever my hayfevers bad i have a mint and it helps for half an hour???
Reply 13
ooh..eye masks..sound good-will def try and gt hold of sum fanx..xx also beconase seems to b gud from u lots so wil try tht too aww..thanks you guys xx
argh!!!! forgot to take my tablet this morning and have felt like i am dying!!"!!!! couldn't even go out at lunch!
i hate hayfever itake a tablet anyway most days as soon as i feel a sniffle or an eye watering incident coming on. i take certirizine tablets (however you spell it)
Reply 16
yeah mine is terrible this year!!! none of the tablets work, although i take clarytin at the moment, it would probably be worse if i didn't take it but i'm still suffering!!! eye drops work but only for a couple of hours, good for exams though (don't think i'm supposed to use them with contact lenses.....ooops). i used decongestant nose spray last year and it made it worse after the effect wore off so i ended up spraying eyery 3 hours for 4 months.....NOT a good idea. i'm certainly staying away from that this year. oohhhh its so yucky and was the worst ever in my french exam this morning....you should have seen the pile of used tissues on my desk LOL!
Hey everyone; hugs to you all for the suffering and I too know what you're going through. I always take Cetirizine, it makes me rather good though I still get a bit of runny nose action and my eyes are sometimes rubbable.
Reply 18
ive discovered two new medications for hayfever-erm 1) Neo-Clarytin..menna b stronger then claratyn and 2) nasonex..has anyone used these?lemme kno if they any good so i'll chek them out..lol..i feel sorry for hayfeva ppl i.e. me..hayfever makes u look mesd up..eyes look RED and constant sniffles..arghh..lol..poor starry eyed-we kno hw u feel..o wel..lemme kno
hehehe its great we all know how each other look.... hayfever gives me an excuse to look rough!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending