The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
blissy
No I'm not, smarty pants. :p: :wink:
(No TSR mod babies!!)

awww
what would you do in your hypothetical situation then?
F. Poste
Your eggs may be so clever that they know not to get fertilised...

(Laughs).

By the way everybody, I'm too intelligent to get cancer, or to have a car accident. I'm also too intelligent to not win the lottery.

If I believe it, it must be true, right?
...Sprigged...
(Laughs).

By the way everybody, I'm too intelligent to get cancer, or to have a car accident. I'm also too intelligent to not win the lottery.

If I believe it, it must be true, right?

me too!
*wins the lottery*
:biggrin:
Reply 123
I'm too intelligent to die! ahahaha!
Reply 124
Very difficult.

I don't want children until I'm married, have a house, have savings, have the start of a career I can go back to.

If I got pregnant next week (Ha! Not going to happen.. but in the near future at least) I could maybe finish my degree. I'd be about to drop just after my finals so I could feasibly finish a part of my education before giving birth. However, it's not an ideal time.

I've got to the stage where if I was pregnant I don't think I could have an abortion. I just feel like I'm past the point where it would RUIN my life, and now it would just be a complete incovenience and ruin all the dreams I had about my future family life.

It's really a toss-up between your hopes and dreams, your morals and what you feel you can cope with.

I've had one scare in the past and I was all too willing to "get rid of it". Things dramatically shift when you think your rosy future is threatened.

I have a new boyfriend, and I have a year left at uni. He has three left. How could I possibly make it work to have a family if I was pregnant? I couldn't.

When I do finally get married I want to spend time with that person before any baby-making occurs. I'd like to be able to travel and enjoy my youth and the life that comes before the HUGE responsibility of children.

So, in conculsion. Right now part of me feels like I couldn't abort my first child, while another part of me thinks I couldn't possible HAVE a first child already. If anything did happen I know it'd be a decision that impacts me more than anyone else, so if I were to be making a decision I would have to think about me. Because any decision would revolve around my feelings and my situation, I'd have to wait for it to happen before I thought about what decision I'd make.

Provisionally, with my situation as it is, I don't think it'd be a good time to have a baby. But that's why I use contraception and know that if I do get unlucky and become pregnant I don't *have* to have a baby. It's brilliant that we have that choice. :smile:
Reply 125
:eek: Wow, I'm surprised so many (61.65%) chose to not have the baby... were both men & women voting in this poll?? Because I can imagine it would be easier to say to not have it if you weren't carrying it in the first place.. then again that could really vary person to person I guess. :confused:
Reply 126
Awww so I guess it's a good thing this thread wasn't trying to tell us anything! Your response looks like a long list of reasons of why you'd have an abortion :frown:
grace
i don't really agree with abortion. In fact, i guess you could say i'm anti-abortion.

But if i were to get pregnant now, there would be no two ways about it. I'd have to abort. No question.

COMPLETE CONTRADICTION :eek:
Reply 128
Saffie
Awww so I guess it's a good thing this thread wasn't trying to tell us anything! Your response looks like a long list of reasons of why you'd have an abortion :frown:

Exactly! All sense and reason tells me not to have a baby, but there's that little bit of me that says "destory your first baby? you're kidding.."
would have the baby, keep it and sell the television rights!!!

smiler :smile:
Babyshambles
i'm not wrong, the fact is, even with all the precautions in the world (bar abstinence), it is still possible for you to become pregnant. Sure, highly unlikely, but what you fail to understand, is that nothing is 100% effective, not even the morning after pill...

the fact you think you're 'too clever' to get pregnant is extremely arrogant, there *are* factors that are outside your control... :rolleyes:

You may be intelligent, you may not, I don't know or particularly care, what I do know is, you're wrong in this case.

Yes it is still possible to become pregnant, that’s what I said :stupid: however I also said I would be intelligent enough to get a morning after pill if contraception failed, so yes that makes me intelligent. I know its not 100% effective but think about it if you're on the pill, use a condom AND take the morning after pill chances are you're not going to get pregnant, are you? Very unlikely. Also the fact you *claim to be correct* in this instance kinda shows you're just desperate not to be wrong, that’s a bit sad. You just really can't stand me being right. The whole point of this thread is to discuss, not cast judgement so leave your snide comments and complete desperation behind and look at the facts.
Reply 131
Straight Talker
The whole point of this thread is to discuss, not cast judgement so leave your snide comments and complete desperation behind and look at the facts.

Don't make me laugh! It was your original post which cast the judgement that's caused all this "discussion".

*remembers notes 1-5 in sig and goes away*
Straight Talker

The whole point of this thread is to discuss, not cast judgement

forgotten your first post in this thread already? :rolleyes:
F. Poste

It's your. No apostrophe. Your eggs may be so clever that they know not to get fertilised, but you may need to take a look in a grammar textbook :smile:

Right......and my grammar has what exactly to do with the thread?

OMG you people get so petty when shown up, please get a grip and quit attacking simple spelling errors, which are probably down to typing too fast, and thinking about the content of the post, not the spelling. Absolutely pathetic. :frown:
Straight Talker

when you're making a post about how OH SO CLEVER you are, you really shouldn't make basic mistakes you'd expect from a 10 year old...it kinda trips up your argument...
F. Poste
Don't make me laugh! It was your original post which cast the judgement that's caused all this "discussion".

*remembers notes 1-5 in sig and goes away*

No I wasn't casting judgement on others, I was simply stating that I wouldn't be stupid enough, thats all! I've been educated on contraception, so I am intelligent enough to do as much as possible to prevent unwanted pregnancies. If people haven't been taught the facts then fair enough I can see that they might go wrong, its just these days, sex education is so important it would take a complete fool to go and have unprotected sex!
Reply 136
Straight Talker

OMG you people get so petty when shown up, please get a grip and quit attacking simple spelling errors, which are probably down to typing too fast, and thinking about the content of the post, not the spelling. Absolutely pathetic. :frown:

Erm, have you forgotten the several other posts I've made about the pathetic ******** you've been spewing? I have been thinking about the content of the posts, I just have a good eye for spotting crap in its many different forms :smile:
Straight Talker
No I wasn't casting judgement on others, I was simply stating that I wouldn't be stupid enough, thats all! I've been educated on contraception, so I am intelligent enough to do as much as possible to prevent unwanted pregnancies. If people haven't been taught the facts then fair enough I can see that they might go wrong, its just these days, sex education is so important it would take a complete fool to go and have unprotected sex!

What you dont seem to be intelligent enough to grasp is the fact that you can 'do as much as possible' but that doesn't make you 100% protected.
I dont know what id do, but if i got pregnant right now, i think id be forced to give it up because financially/emotionally i couldnt provide him/her with a good future or even give him/her enough attention cause i really want to make a career before i settle down so to speak. I love children though, so i dont know if id actually go through with the abortion...ahh i dunno...my parents would completely freak and probably exile me from the house/family, so... Plus i dont think im mature enough anyway...depends on the guy as well though, i mean if we were in a really serious relationship (which im not right now) then things might be different...
Reply 139
blissy
Exactly! All sense and reason tells me not to have a baby, but there's that little bit of me that says "destory your first baby? you're kidding.."
Hmm, I think you have to think of it as not a baby though, it's just a bunch of cells after a month. Oh well, just shows us how great contraception is! (or being a virgin in my case!) :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending