The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey ppl, its jus sex!! for all u no u could die tomorrow and neva hav experienced one of the greatest human acts!!
SEX IS FAB!!!
Reply 81
luvly_laura
hey ppl, its jus sex!! for all u no u could die tomorrow and neva hav experienced one of the greatest human acts!!
SEX IS FAB!!!

lol
Reply 82
Hana_87

What if you wait to marry someone, who isn't right for you in the end, sleep together and never realise that the ex you broke up with because of sex was the one who would make you happiest.

No way, because if a bf became an "ex" because you wouldn't sleep with him, he's not worth it anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily wait till marriage but I'd only ever get intimate with someone who I knew would wait if they had to. As in, I could never sleep with someone I thought would leave me if they didn't. Surely that's the case with most girls? Or that SHOULD be the case?
Reply 83
Hana_87
But sex is something so enjoyable, its the closest (physically) you can ever get to someone. If you meet at eighteen and don't want to have sex until marriage, say 10 years down the line, thats a long time to go without sex, if your boyfriend has had it before.

Saying that, i understand that their feelings should be respected, but with sex comes a whole new bond. You have experienced something amazing together. For me and my boyfriend, i waited 6 months before we slept together, and when we did, it just proved to me that he was the one. But i don't need marriage to define that!

What if you wait to marry someone, who isn't right for you in the end, sleep together and never realise that the ex you broke up with because of sex was the one who would make you happiest.

There's just so many ways to look at the problem; i think sex matures you in a way. I don't mean that all the 15 year olds going out sleeping with 5 men every week are mature, but when you have reached that stage in a relationship, something just *happens* you change in a way. I did. I no longer looked at sex as a taboo subject, nor did i find it as funny as i did before i had it. It kind of made me grow up a bit.

Does anyone understand what i mean?

If someone broke up with you because you wouldn't sleep with them, even if they made you happy i don't think you can say they were the one, because they would have respected your wishes, surely?
Amanda
...date a girl who wanted to remain a virgin until marriage?? Because it seems to me like not many do, and they either (1) don't want to date me anymore after finding out or (2) pretend to be okay with it, in hopes that they will be the one to somehow "change" the way I think and get me to give in... Maybe I'm just looking for some type of guy that doesn't exist... ? :frown:

Opinions, anyone? :confused:

I don't really believe in marriage but if I had a partner I'd be cool with no sex anyway. :smile:
Reply 85
I don't think I could ever feel close to someone if weren't doing intimate things together. Intimate acts like sex are just that - intimate. They're acts that let someone in, that show the level of closeness you want to have with someone.

If I was in a long term relationship with a girl and she didn't want to have sex, I'd wonder why she didn't trust me. I need to have that level of intimacy in a relationship to feel close to someone. What's the difference between friends and a relationship if intimacy isn't involved? It's the intimacy that makes it special.

I'd be fine being in a relationship without sex, but if all sexual acts are forbidden, I'd question the motives of the other person. Do they really like me? Do they trust me? It would just seem like a glorified friendship, without anything special, anything that makes us feel close to each other.

Sexual acts in a relationship are intimate acts to share with someone you trust. Denying them to your partner is not allowing them to be close and intimate with you.
Reply 86
never
Reply 87
Drogue
I don't think I could ever feel close to someone if we were doing intimate things together. Intimate acts like sex are just that - intimate. They're acts that let someone in, that show the level of closeness you want to have with someone.

If I was in a long term relationship with a girl and she didn't want to have sex, I'd wonder why she didn't trust me. I need to have that level of intimacy in a relationship to feel close to someone. What's the difference between friends and a relationship if intimacy isn't involved? It's the intimacy that makes it special.

I'd be fine being in a relationship without sex, but if all sexual acts are forbidden, I'd question the motives of the other person. Do they really like me? Do they trust me? It would just seem like a glorified friendship, without anything special, anything that makes us feel close to each other.

Sexual acts in a relationship are intimate acts to share with someone you trust. Denying them to your partner is not allowing them to be close and intimate with you.

You've raised a fair point, but not everyone reguards sex as an intimate bonding between a loving couple. I know a group of guys who have their own scoring system about sex (5 points for sex, 5 for a BJ, 10 for a threesome etc.).

If you want to wait until you get married for sex, there is nothing wrong with that. If you don't love or trust your girl/boyfriend to make love (notice I said make love, not have sex), than that is not a huge problem. You need to love each other more. And if you have though about marriage beforehand, and then got married, it will prove that your love is true, and then you can trust your partner with anything.

Like I said earlier. Sex without love is meaningless.
NDGAARONDI
I don't really believe in marriage but if I had a partner I'd be cool with no sex anyway. :smile:

Can i ask why you don't be;ive in marraige???
If a guy turned around and told me he'd want to wait, I'd stick with his decision (if he was someone I loved very much). I'm not in any rush to lose my virginity anyway, and I wouldn't mind just *being* with someone, just holding each other and whatnot.

I don't think marriage personally proves anything, I'd personally rather wait until we felt ready than wait until we have rings on our fingers. But if a guy told me he wants to wait until he's married, then I'll respect that.
Amzybaby24
Can i ask why you don't be;ive in marraige???

I do not believe in marriage in its religious form in a church. Guess there's always the registration office anyway. I see marriage as outdated and if I had a partner I'd hope that we didn't need to get married to stay together, because if we were really committed there would be no need. The only problems would be the legal implications of married couples and unmarried couples but this is changing.
Closeness & intimacy - aren't there others ways of being intimate with someone? I would LOVE to have the kind of relationship with a man who tells me everything. With someone who will talk to me about whatever is troubling him, who would trust me and I would trust him in return. I want a relationship where sex isn't just on the agenda, it's paying attention and listening and being there for each other. Where you may have had sex, but it isn't the only way to get intimate in the relationship and isn't always needed.
Reply 92
lostinfantasies
Closeness & intimacy - aren't there others ways of being intimate with someone? I would LOVE to have the kind of relationship with a man who tells me everything. With someone who will talk to me about whatever is troubling him, who would trust me and I would trust him in return. I want a relationship where sex isn't just on the agenda, it's paying attention and listening and being there for each other. Where you may have had sex, but it isn't the only way to get intimate in the relationship and isn't always needed.

I agree completely, which is why I referred to being intimate rather than having sex. Sex isn't always an intimate act, I wouldn't class a one-night stand as an intimate experience. However I wouldn't be able to have a relationship where physical intimacy is not allowed. Yes you can be intimate talking to someone, being open with someone, but you can be like that with any friend. What makes a romantic relationship, as opposed to a strong friendship, special to me is the affection and intimacy. It's about having someone to hold, someone to kiss, and someone who you find physically attractive, as well as someone you like spending time with. If you took that part away, you have a friendship. A valuable thing, but it's not as special as a relationship, to me.

Moreover, if someone was willfully holding themselves back, not allowing themselves to be intimate, I'd question their trust. Worse, I'd question whether they were actually attracted to me. I'm sure many girls would feel quite unattractive if their boyfriends refused to be intimate with them, and I'd argue the same feeling works the other way.
Reply 93
Drogue
What makes a romantic relationship, as opposed to a strong friendship, special to me is the affection and intimacy. It's about having someone to hold, someone to kiss, and someone who you find physically attractive, as well as someone you like spending time with. If you took that part away, you have a friendship. A valuable thing, but it's not as special as a relationship, to me.

Well of course, people who wait till marriage don't avoid all kinds of intimacy, I think. As long as you have all of the hugging/kissing, surely that makes the relationship more than a friendship? You don't need the sex to define it as a relationship.
Reply 94
NDGAARONDI
I do not believe in marriage in its religious form in a church. Guess there's always the registration office anyway. I see marriage as outdated and if I had a partner I'd hope that we didn't need to get married to stay together, because if we were really committed there would be no need. The only problems would be the legal implications of married couples and unmarried couples but this is changing.

Yes, in a way I agree. After all, if you need a piece of paper to validate your relationship it shows that you don't have much trust in the other person's committment. Marriage isn't essential but it's a nice bonus I think. But as long as the feelings are strong enough to be marriage-like, I guess it doesn't matter.
Reply 95
you've got to remember that it was the chuch and its holier than thou policies that created the idea that you can't have sex before marriage.

Its personal choice but naturally humans do have sex marriage or no marriage.
Reply 96
Amanda
...date a girl who wanted to remain a virgin until marriage?? Because it seems to me like not many do, and they either (1) don't want to date me anymore after finding out or (2) pretend to be okay with it, in hopes that they will be the one to somehow "change" the way I think and get me to give in... Maybe I'm just looking for some type of guy that doesn't exist... ? :frown:

Opinions, anyone? :confused:

I'm going insane trying to find a girl with that attitude... Just the kind I am looking for. :biggrin:
Reply 97
luvly_laura
SEX IS FAB!!!

:eek: *runs out of house and sex with first person she sees...* :rolleyes:
In answer to the original question:

Certainly. Not all the time, but if she had your grasp of reality, certainly.
Adhsur
Yes, in a way I agree. After all, if you need a piece of paper to validate your relationship it shows that you don't have much trust in the other person's committment. Marriage isn't essential but it's a nice bonus I think. But as long as the feelings are strong enough to be marriage-like, I guess it doesn't matter.

Precisely.

Latest

Trending

Trending