The Student Room Group

I'm at University in Liverpool. Love the city but have no friends

I am in my third year of uni but am on a four year course so not finished until next year. I LOVED first and second year of uni and made a great circle of close friends. However four of my friends have since moved to another city and the other one has got married so for third year I moved in with acquaintances from my course. BAD IDEA!!! They're closer to each other and as a result don't bother with me at all. I was close to one of them which is why I moved in but the others are so unfriendly I tend to stay away now. I have joined clubs and societies but while we have fun we never make contact outside of the times of our events. Part of my problem is I live slightly outside the city centre so it's not a convenient place to invite people over to. I really am so lonely and was up all night crying last night. My work is suffering and I simply miss human conversation. I think I am going insane with isolation. There are so many people in this city that need a friend and yet I seem to be unable to even find one. It is not my fault I currently have no friends, but how can I make new ones??? HELP!!!! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Come see us at John Moores, team MedChem will show you a good time. :awesome:

Where do you live? Smithdown?
Reply 2
no I live in wavertree so not really a very sociable place!!! If I lived somewhere like Smithdown it would be so much better. What's "team MedChem"? I would like to join a society just trying to find the right one
Reply 3
Screw the LJMU gang, come down to Grand Central (Uni of L.Pool Gang) for a banger of a time :sexface:
No, come to Rankin Hall.
Reply 5
ThemThereEyes
No, come to Rankin Hall.

Rankin's gayyy, Carnatic in general is gayyy.
Reply 6
come tha wirral better than liverpool :P!
DaneCook
Rankin's gayyy, Carnatic in general is gayyy.

Says the guy from grand central. That place is a ghost town, rooms are pretty though.
Reply 8
Grand Central is amazing. Had a really close mate from there and used to go there all the time. But I can't just turn up there lol. I also love Carnatic Halls. Wouldn't wanna live there myself but there's a good sociable atmosphere. Anyone on facebook?
Hey im having a similar problem myself, did you sort out your problems op?
Amzz.Ox
come tha wirral better than liverpool :P!

Hahahahaha.

Made me laff to no end :colonhash:

Go baa yourself to sleep ya wool. :sheep:

tom//
Have you met this fella?
Reply 11
InvoluntarySlacker
Hahahahaha.

Made me laff to no end :colonhash:

Go baa yourself to sleep ya wool. :sheep:

wtf? :colonhash:
tom//
wtf? :colonhash:

Whut?!
Has there even been a Liverpool uni's TSR meet?
Forget all the halls, come to Nando's in Liverpool one I'm hungry and could do with a chat :biggrin:
You are all wrong, Kensington is where it's at :yep:
stevie_girl
I am in my third year of uni but am on a four year course so not finished until next year. I LOVED first and second year of uni and made a great circle of close friends. However four of my friends have since moved to another city and the other one has got married so for third year I moved in with acquaintances from my course. BAD IDEA!!! They're closer to each other and as a result don't bother with me at all. I was close to one of them which is why I moved in but the others are so unfriendly I tend to stay away now. I have joined clubs and societies but while we have fun we never make contact outside of the times of our events. Part of my problem is I live slightly outside the city centre so it's not a convenient place to invite people over to. I really am so lonely and was up all night crying last night. My work is suffering and I simply miss human conversation. I think I am going insane with isolation. There are so many people in this city that need a friend and yet I seem to be unable to even find one. It is not my fault I currently have no friends, but how can I make new ones??? HELP!!!! :frown:

scousers robbing you of friends - allow dirty scousers always nickin shizzle
MazalTov89

Yeah, if you want to get stabbed.
MazalTov89

:five:
Marybone! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending