The Student Room Group

A bit of truthful opinion about bodyweight.

I see alot of threads about the body weight of girls and other similar things on here and i posted this in another topic but i thought i would make a topic about it here to get some opinions.

I have got to say that slim girls are so much better than big girls, i love skinny girls they are just better in my personal opinion.

One contentious issue i must raise with alot of girls on here and in general is that they say their BFs tell them to stay the same weight etc if they are bigger. And to be honest i know alot of blokes like that who think their missus is a bit fat but they will just say anything to keep them happy and not put the relationship in jepoardy.

Its the right thing to do really as you should never pick out peoples flaws like that in such a way that would make them feel bad about themselves but i think the majority of blokes want a slim GF and not a fat one or chubby etc. its not the ideal body weight for women in the eyes of men and i think women KNOW this even if they are validated by men saying they have a good bod etc but they just dont have the moitvation to change themselves to look more attractive.

Look at the pin up girls for men in popular culture, they all have slim waists (maybe not all skinny I.E kim kardashian but by no means fat) reasonable breast size also. That is what a man wants and not a slightly podgy girl with bigger boobs because its just not as attactive as a skinnier girl.

Scroll to see replies

Agreed. Skinny is hot.
Reply 2
And look at what women find sexy - well built tanned men with six packs and chest hair - but life just doesn't work that way.
Your opinion is not truthful, it's biased :p:
Reply 4
I don't understand, like, I thought opinions were what you had when it was subjective, like, and like, when it's truthful, isn't it objective? God, I'm heinously confused.
The_Goose
And look at what women find sexy - well built tanned men with six packs and chest hair - but life just doesn't work that way.

My girlfriend despises my chest hair :biggrin:
This is pure opinion, and certainly doesnt reflect all men, and certainly isnt worthy of its own thread.
Reply 7
Thanks for letting me know, still don't care though.
Reply 8
TShadow383
My girlfriend despises my chest hair :biggrin:

=O nothing beats a bit of chest hair :sexface:
Reply 9
Thank you for the input, but just a thought, maybe just maybe we don't tend to always do things for the pleasure of men, oh gosh I know it's terrible right?
Reply 10
Lots of people like lots of different things in the opposite sex, but I think most people do find slim people more attractive and would prefer slimmer people (I say this as a fat person)

What I don't like is all these threads about fat girls (like you can't get fat guys at all!) that say things like "put down the pies fatty!" (I don't even like pie....) It's really hard to lose weight, especially if you have a lot of it to lose, and it's demotivating when you're trying and then you read or hear things about all fat people being lazy slobs who do nothing but watch TV and eat pies (see above pie comment) Generalize much!
Wow, I feel I'm so much better off for knowing how you feel on female body weight. I thank you.
Reply 12
Samelam
Lots of people like lots of different things in the opposite sex, but I think most people do find slim people more attractive and would prefer slimmer people (I say this as a fat person)

What I don't like is all these threads about fat girls (like you can't get fat guys at all!) that say things like "put down the pies fatty!" (I don't even like pie....) It's really hard to lose weight, especially if you have a lot of it to lose, and it's demotivating when you're trying and then you read or hear things about all fat people being lazy slobs who do nothing but watch TV and eat pies (see above pie comment) Generalize much!

It's not hard to lose weight. Burn off more calories than you eat and you'll lose weight. Anyone fat without a medical condition just doesn't care enough to lose it.

I'm not a fan of stick thin girls either though, middle ground is best.

If I told my girlfriend(non-existant but hypothetically) that she didn't need to lose weight it would be because weight isn't a vital factor when it comes to what I look for in a girl.
Reply 13
Since when did the opinion of an arrogant teenager who probably has a face like a smacked ass affect me? Good God what is wrong with young people these days? You need to understand that you aren't special, your opinions are worth jack **** and no one cares how you feel about that.
Reply 14
mr eko
It's not hard to lose weight. Burn off more calories than you eat and you'll lose weight. Anyone fat without a medical condition just doesn't care enough to lose it.

I'm not a fan of stick thin girls either though, middle ground is best.

If I told my girlfriend(non-existant but hypothetically) that she didn't need to lose weight it would be because weight isn't a vital factor when it comes to what I look for in a girl.

I went to Aqua Aerobics, that was hard! :frown:
Definitely agree. Even if you're not doing it to be attractive, at the end of the day you should still manage your weight for the sake of your health and self esteem. Fair enough it can be hard to get motivated to lose weight for some people, but it really is not that hard once you make a routine of it. Simple really, eat 3 balanced meals a day and do high intensity CV exercise. Not hard, and you look and feel a billion times better.
Plus yes, at the end of the day, guys prefer, not overly skinny, but thinner girls, just as girls aren't all that attracted to chunky guys. Not sexist, it works both ways.
So, what you are saying is that guys find models sexy? Why gee I would never have guessed. Sorry for the scarcasm, I just think this type of statement is a bit pointless. So you like skinny girls, great. However the dating game doesn't work like that, you like who you like, and often who you fall for doesn't conform to what you may have previously though you found attractive!

I'm a girl and yet whilst I make judgements about people I find attractive based on body type/shape and looks, when it comes down to it I'm not all that fussed about either. My last boyfriends range from a gym-addict with a 6 pack, a very slim guy, and a large guy. I was happy with all of them, never wanted any of them to put on or lose weight. If anything I was more concerned with the way I looked.

I think what a guy wants, and what a girl wants is to find somewhat you share a mutual sexual attraction with, whose company you enjoy and who you bleeding well get along with! And if he/she happens to come with the desirsed body, happy days.

Interesting thread.
Linweth
Thank you for the input, but just a thought, maybe just maybe we don't tend to always do things for the pleasure of men, oh gosh I know it's terrible right?

Yeah, and it's sad when men think that we actually do :lol:
"Everyone should look like supermodels, but the world doesn't work that way and so in the mean time, if you don't like the way a person looks, try not to **** them"

/thread.
I'm a size 14 and my bf tells me I can put weight on :/ So you're opinion is a fail.

Latest

Trending

Trending