The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde Interviews - Product Design/Mechanical Engineering

Hey, I'm new to this so i hope someones finds this thread cause' i've probably posted it in completely the wrong place.

So i've applied to two courses at Strathclyde, product design and mechanical engineering. I have an interview for the product design course next week but i have my heart set on the mechanical engineering course. I was offered this interview about a month ago but i havnt heard anythin from the mechanical engineering course. A friend of mine said they sometimes interview for both if they are similar courses? I hope this is the case although the e-mail listed only the product design course. Anyone been in a similar situation? Any help appreciated, thanks.
:sexface:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Gareee
Hey, I'm new to this so i hope someones finds this thread cause' i've probably posted it in completely the wrong place.

So i've applied to two courses at Strathclyde, product design and mechanical engineering. I have an interview for the product design course next week but i have my heart set on the mechanical engineering course. I was offered this interview about a month ago but i havnt heard anythin from the mechanical engineering course. A friend of mine said they sometimes interview for both if they are similar courses? I hope this is the case although the e-mail listed only the product design course. Anyone been in a similar situation? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hey dude, I've applied for both of these courses at strathclyde as well. I've got an interview for Product Design a week on Wednesday but I'll probably be doing Mechanical if I get accepted.

They sent me an info pack about mechanical and asked me to attend an events day for it which is also a week on Wednesday. It says..

"I wish to invite you to attend an Events Day within the Department specifically aimed at applicants with high achievement... blah blah ... Non-attendance without a reasonable explanation, may result in your application being rejected."

tbh I don't think they ask everyone to attend this thing. I reckon its either offered to borderline applicants or particularly good ones (perhaps to make sure they pick strathclyde). It might be offered to both.

I wouldn't worry, if you meet the requirements I think you'll be accepted and there is still plenty of time for them to get back to you and ask you to attend one of these things.
Reply 3
Cheers man, that's a bit of a relief for me. I have my interview on the same day as you haha, i just hope that info pack hasnt been misplaced somewhere to me, i wouldn't want them to reject me on the basis of that...
Reply 4
I'm still waiting to hear from Me3chanical Eng and Aero Mech Eng, both same dept. Since I have not received anything does it look like I wont be made an offer.:frown: :frown:
Reply 5
laineybabes
I'm still waiting to hear from Me3chanical Eng and Aero Mech Eng, both same dept. Since I have not received anything does it look like I wont be made an offer.:frown: :frown:

I wouldn't worry yet, there is still plenty of time to get an offer. I didn't get offers for Uni last year until mid February and I got unconditionals.
Reply 6
Thanks, if only I knew someone at Strathclyde who could find out!! I'm soooo stressed. Cheers matey . I'm a wee bit less worried.
Reply 7
I emailed the mechanical engineering department and was told my application was unuccessful as the courses are now full :frown:
Reply 8
I emailed the mechanical engineering department and was told my application was unuccessful as the courses are now full

Aww that sucks :frown: you could probably do the same course at caledonian if you wanted, i hear you don't even need a pass in higher physics lol :biggrin:

I was applying for electronic and electrical engineering nd electrical and mechanical engineering last year, the interview i had was just to see if the course was "right" for me because i already had the offers in... my m8 was applying for mechanical at strathclyde nd he had the same interview thing but didn't get the grades, he's doing it at caledonian now tho :smile:
Reply 9
Unfortunately I didn't apply there but i do have an offer for mechanical engineering at glasgow too, but i so badly want Strathclyde!! Aw well, the product design doesn't look too bad, and i could always try and change if i dont like it.
Reply 10
Bolyolyoi
Aww that sucks :frown: you could probably do the same course at caledonian if you wanted, i hear you don't even need a pass in higher physics lol :biggrin:

I was applying for electronic and electrical engineering nd electrical and mechanical engineering last year, the interview i had was just to see if the course was "right" for me because i already had the offers in... my m8 was applying for mechanical at strathclyde nd he had the same interview thing but didn't get the grades, he's doing it at caledonian now tho :smile:

What did you wear to your interview last year? Is it the kind of thing you need to look very smart for or is it just casual?
Reply 11
What did you wear to your interview last year? Is it the kind of thing you need to look very smart for or is it just casual?
because i already had the offer in i knew it didn't really matter what i wore (i was in jeans and a black hoodie lol), but the interviews i've had this year for scholarships etc i've woren a shirt and black jeans, i'de got with something smart/casual though, whatever you're most comfortable in :smile: as long as its not tacky or trampy hehe
Reply 12
Bolyolyoi
because i already had the offer in i knew it didn't really matter what i wore (i was in jeans and a black hoodie lol), but the interviews i've had this year for scholarships etc i've woren a shirt and black jeans, i'de got with something smart/casual though, whatever you're most comfortable in :smile: as long as its not tacky or trampy hehe

Cool that's what I was planning on, just thought I better ask someone who's been there just in case. Thanks!
Reply 13
Interview today for Aero Mechanical Engineering at Strathclyde.. Quite nervous ! I didn't even get anything through the post for this interview as they cancelled the first one. Good thing I kept emailing the Admissions Manager until I was told a date and time !

Latest

Trending

Trending