The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lodzinski
Ouch, sweden? bit far. Will meet you half way in copenhagen :smile: Swedish ladies you say? throw in some daim bars and you've got a deal.

Deal (can't you get Daim Bars in the UK, but they're called Dime Bars???) ... of course, I still win, because I'm only 50 minutes from Copenhagen :u:
Jelkin
Deal (can't you get Daim Bars in the UK, but they're called Dime Bars???) ... of course, I still win, because I'm only 50 minutes from Copenhagen :u:

not seen them in shops for AGES. end up going to Ikea and stocking up on daim lol and awesome. will see you there :smile:
maybe go for something like this instead...

starter:
fresh tomato soup / butternut squash & sweet potato soup
or ciabatta (with tomatoes etc on top)
king prawns with a zesty lime, ginger and garlic marinade (yes, garlic, but it won't be strong enough to skank your breath out)

Main Course:
Thai green chicken curry with fragrant rice
or carbonara
or steak diane, fresh steamed vegetables and sauteed potatoes
or paella (with seafood/chicken whatever in it) (in which case you can do a cold spanish tomato soup for starters)

Desert:
Lemon tart's always a winner
but strawberry's lovely too :smile:
def go for light one here, not like heavy double choc fudge cake!
ooo actually, mini banoffee pies went down a hit last year!and the carbonara was winning.

and that was followed by strawberries that were pre-dipped in choc and chilled in the fridge.

yummmmy.
Reply 44
desertwarrior
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds awsome...... do u mind posting the reciple.. sounds sensual!

All quantities here are PER PERSON and the oven settings are based on a fan-assisted oven.

Ingredients:

For the Fish

1 fillet of Gilt-Head Bream
1 finely chopped clove of garlic
1/4 head fresh fennel - roughly chopped lengthways
1 sprig thyme
1 handful roughly chopped parsley
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of chilli flakes
1tsp lemon rind
6 cherry tomatoes - halved
3 spears of asparagus - woody bits removed
1 tablespoon or so of water
A little olive oil

Sheet of Foil
Sheet of baking parchment

For the Polenta

Polenta
Olive Oil
A little butter
Salt
Parmesan

Method:

Cook the Polenta as per the instructions on the pack

Stir through butter,olive oil and salt to taste

Put into a shallow baking tin large enough that it's spread out to a uniform 3-4cm depth

Allow to cool completely

Lay out the sheet of foil with the sheet of parchment on top

Place the asparagus spears on the parchment, followed by the bream fillets on top of them

Scatter the tomatoes around the fish

Place the rest of the ingredients over this and then seal up the foil and parchment around the whole lot. Make sure there are no holes or gaps, or it'll turn out *****.

Cook at 180-200c for about 20 minutes

Grate the Parmesan over the top of the polenta and bake at 180c for long enough for it to start crisping up (shouldn't be too long). Remove from the oven and grill for a couple of minutes more until it gets really crunchy.

Serve however you want to, but I normally flatten out the foil/parchment on a plate and put the polenta in the middle of the table for people to dig into.

I think that's everything. I did that off the top of my head, so it might not be 100% right - Sorry!
Reply 45
Jelkin
Again, it depends on the girl, but I would hazard a guess that most women wouldn't like this - she might feel that it's a present for your enjoyment rather than hers!

There was a hilarious Eastenders episode years ago where Barry got Natalie a red PVC basque for her birthday, and he accidentally bought it in size 24. She got really mad and stormed off, but when she came home she found him waiting for her wearing it. Hilarity ensued and all was well again.

Oh, here it is. Quality.

yeah this was like whens he bought be a DIY kit for my birthday.. i was like mad argument cos i waslike
WHY THE HECK UBUY ME THIS!?!?! So i can fix stuff 4 u!!?!!
lodzinski
and yet overfished :P

Yes, very true. It's them cans' fault it is.

Tuna steaks are miles above though.
Reply 47
desertwarrior
yeah this was like whens he bought be a DIY kit for my birthday.. i was like mad argument cos i waslike
WHY THE HECK UBUY ME THIS!?!?! So i can fix stuff 4 u!!?!!

Haha, oh dear. Maybe she thinks you're Jesus.
Reply 48
id say dress nice like in a shirt or something:biggrin: would be well sexy :smile: lol youv just gave me an idea cos i was gonna cook for the bf on vals day haha!
Reply 49
LC_x
id say dress nice like in a shirt or something:biggrin: would be well sexy :smile: lol youv just gave me an idea cos i was gonna cook for the bf on vals day haha!

make him cook for you, women should cook 364 days a year, man is fair to cook on valentines
Reply 50
just ensure you give her a side serving of man mayonnaise :awesome:
Reply 51
im a really fussy eater and i was only gonna make him a cute cake (so i can eat the mixture aswell) haha! :lol: but now i might do it in a sexy little outfit :P haha
Reply 52
LC_x
im a really fussy eater and i was only gonna make him a cute cake (so i can eat the mixture aswell) haha! :lol: but now i might do it in a sexy little outfit :P haha

girls eat the cake mixture!?! i thought they were always ranting about weight loss?
Reply 53
dont be silly! if i have to il eat it and then go a run :wink: cake mix is tooooo goooooodddddd!!!!
Don't cook naked, that's embarrassing and not romantic. At all.

Menu sounds good, especially the tart; I don't know about a beef stew though, hardly gets the juices flowing. Try and make something classy that you can make in advance and just warm up (so you can spend as much time with her as possible).

It all depends on your cooking ability, if you are really competent then make something complex to really impress her, if you have basic cooking skills then the stews probably not a bad idea.

Starter sounds alright by the way, I don't like three bean soup so it doesn't rock my world but she might like it...

Also, quote me if you want any recipe tips for something classy but also cookable.
Beans on toast.
desertwarrior
should i cook naked for her? is this a turn on ladies?
We have a bit of a falling out this morning.. u may have seen my thread earlier but like.. this wud make up cooking sum nice beef stew mmmmmm and then strawberry tart, and champagne! sounds good yes?

any ideas of romantic things to cook.. i was thinking:

Starter: 3 bean soup
Main: Beef Stew
Desert: Strawberry Tart
Coffee/Biscuits
Drink: Champagne

then sex (H)!

Bean soup then beef stew! Make something solid for the main course at least! scrap the soup too unless you think she'll find slurping sexy. Strawberry tart is also kind of hard to get right if you're not much of a baker. And naked cooking is nasty and hazardous. If it were me cooking for a women i'd make lasagne and tiramasu but that's just my advice, if she has dentures maybe your menu is better :p:
On the plus side coffee, biscuits, champagne etc sounds fine
This is probably too late, but never cook naked. For these two reasons:

1: You're making soup and stew so you'll probably be boiling water at one point, and you don't want even a little bit splashing on you.

2: You know how people in restaurants have to wear hair nets? It's for a reason. And they don't make them for your pubes.

Latest

Trending

Trending