The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Joseph90
Many are Christian. Many originate from Africa. Christianity teaches against homosexuality and Africa has different values to Europe regarding homosexuality. Also there is more of an emphasis on masculinity and family in black communities. Gay people cannot be part of a traditional family so this is looked down upon.

Spot on. When I was living in Liverpool some 3 years ago I experienced many encounters with Gospel groups; most of them were black, huge families. I can remember being asked by one of them if I was gay because I wore a Smiths T-shirt with a naked man on the front. He brought up the old "Sodom and Gomorrah" story in the Old Testament.
Reply 21
Aeolus
By 'backwardsness' you mean Judeo christian education and culture?

Yes, that Christian culture that makes you think eating albinos will cure you of diseases, or having sex with virgins will cure you of aids, or that it is entirely appropriate to go out for a night out with the lads and gang rape women. They are clearly uneducated and backwards at the moment, so it is hardly a reflection on Christianity, that is trying to make them into better people...
Reply 22
flowermaster91
Well being poor it is hard for them to affordeven going to school etc. etc. this arguement is old tbh

I think you are getting confused here; i'm not criticising, I don't expect them to have an education, i'm stating a fact; they are ill educated, how can you expect the same standards from them as a UK citizen?
Reply 23
Aeolus
Elipsis, you are one of the biggest jokes on this forum. Hypocritical, ill educated and bigoted in the extreme.

Wow, a 2.1 from a top 10 uni in my subject and I still don't come up to your exacting standards:rolleyes:. I find it rather funny how you constantly slate Christianity all over this forum but defend Islam as much as you can, yet you call me hypocritical and bigoted.
Elipsis
I think you are getting confused here; i'm not criticising, I don't expect them to have an education, i'm stating a fact; they are ill educated, how can you expect the same standards from them as a UK citizen?

:yawn:
Elipsis
Yes, that Christian culture that makes you think eating albinos will cure you of diseases, or having sex with virgins will cure you of aids, or that it is entirely appropriate to go out for a night out with the lads and gang rape women. They are clearly uneducated and backwards at the moment, so it is hardly a reflection on Christianity, that is trying to make them into better people...

This must be some sort of joke.
Elipsis
They have far higher testosterone. Mix this with their general backwardsness and voila; extreme homophobia.

I'm not a homophobe yet I am mixed race, as horny as **** and a real man, hence high testostrone :cool: .....I wasn't aware that testostrone influenced views on homosexuality...Also black women are pumped to the max with er...testostrone, might tell my Gran that :rofl:

The real answer lies in the cultural, largely Christian (or Muslim), reality for most blacks. Black people tend to be more socially conservative so yes...in my view backwards. That testostrone comment was just bigotry mixed up with pseudo-science.
Reply 27
flowermaster91

Great argumental and debating skills there...
Reply 28
Moe Lester
I'm not a homophobe yet I am mixed race, as horny as **** and a real man, hence high testostrone .....I wasn't aware that testostrone influenced views on homosexuality...Also black women are pumped to the max with er...testostrone, might tell my Gran that

The real answer lies in the cultural, largely Christian (or Muslim), reality for most blacks. Black people tend to be more socially conservative so yes...in my view backwards. That testostrone comment was just bigotry mixed up with pseudo-science.

I'm saying that the higher testosterone makes you more impulsive and less controlled, not less likely to be queer. I am pretty sure it is a proven fact that black men have much higher testosterone, and it is them who lead the assault on homosexuals within black communities.
Reply 29
BrightGirl
This must be some sort of joke.

What do you mean?
Elipsis
Great argumental and debating skills there...

I know, arguing on the internet is so much fun
Reply 31
flowermaster91
I know, arguing on the internet is so much fun

Or not as the case may be... BTW, Ed Westwicks eyes are far more slittier in real life, just to ruin the dream for you.
Elipsis
Or not as the case may be... BTW, Ed Westwicks eyes are far more slittier in real life, just to ruin the dream for you.

Omggg!! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

as if i care about the looks so much, i dont really have a preferance :rolleyes:
Elipsis
I'm saying that the higher testosterone makes you more impulsive and less controlled, not less likely to be queer. I am pretty sure it is a proven fact that black men have much higher testosterone, and it is them who lead the assault on homosexuals within black communities.

Your image of a black militia full of angry, idiotic savages who can't think for themselves is non-existant. Black people are homophobic as a generlisation because mainly religo-cultural reasons. Try being gay in Southern Italy 50 years ago or Russia today....nothing to do with testostrone. Everything to do with cultural reasons. Drop this testostrone argument...I fail to see it's relevence. And you haven't explained the Black female point....
Reply 34
Moe Lester
Your image of a black militia full of angry, idiotic savages who can't think for themselves is non-existant. Black people are homophobic as a generlisation because mainly religo-cultural reasons. Try being gay in Southern Italy 50 years ago or Russia today....nothing to do with testostrone. Everything to do with cultural reasons. Drop this testostrone argument...I fail to see it's relevence. And you haven't explained the Black female point....

They are homophobic for the same reasons we were, you're right. Low education and religion is always going to lead to a savage/backwards interpretation that takes a few generations to fizzle out. I'm saying they are more violent and disgusting towards homosexuals within their own community than we ever were because of higher testosterone. And what is the black female point i'm supposed to address?
Reply 35
I cannot see that the reason why black people are homophobic is down to their high testosterone. The answer is to be found in the value system of these homophobic black people, rather than in their endocrine glands (is it the endocrine gland that produces testosterone?).

A lot of the homophobia amongst black people is down to indoctrination into the Judaeo-Christian world-view which correlates gay people with the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Old Testament; not to mention the Levitical code on Men sleeping with men. I think there is also one or two passages in the Christian-Roman-Church epistles mentioning the act of sodomy as a "sinful" abomination.

These homophobic traits whether woven into a fable (Sodom and Gomorrah) or not (Church epistle) provide the basis; the foundation on which those who are seduced by these teachings by the Church can weild their objection to gay sex; gays and their lifestyles.
Reply 36
Very few have actually made any sensible contribution here....
Being homophobic is now termed a bad thing?
Come on guys and gals...holes can't plug into holes, neither can straight objects plug into themselves, but straight objects surely plug into holes...
Aeolus...........get a life.
Reply 37
Martyn*
I cannot see that the reason why black people are homophobic is down to their high testosterone. The answer is to be found in the value system of these homophobic black people, rather than in their endocrine glands (is it the endocrine gland that produces testosterone?).

A lot of the homophobia amongst black people is down to indoctrination into the Judaeo-Christian world-view which correlates gay people with the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Old Testament; not to mention the Levitcal code on Men sleeping with men. I think there is also one or two passages in the Christian-Roman-Church epistles mentioning the act of sodomy as a "sinful" abomination.

These homophobic traits whether woven into a fable (Sodom and Gomorrah) or not (Church epistle) provide the basis on which those who are seduced by these teachings by the Church can weild their objection to gay sex; gays and their lifestyles.

The homophobia itself is as a result of poor education and religious values fused together; just as it was here some 100 years ago. The deliberate hurting and killing of homosexuals on a level unprecedented EVER in England is because of a greater lack of self control caused by testosterone. I have not, and am not, suggesting that higher testosterone makes you less likely to be a homosexual.

By the way; Christianity also has many other values intwined in it, such as not sleeping about or raping people. But sleeping about and rape are also far higher in these countries, for the exact same reason homophobia and homophobic actions are more prevalent.
Reply 38
D@GE
Very few have actually made any sensible contribution here....
Being homophobic is now termed a bad thing?
Come on guys and gals...holes can't plug into holes, neither can straight objects plug into themselves, but straight objects surely plug into holes...
Aeolus...........get a life.

It wouldn't be so bad if these black people (I mean Christian Church-going black people) would recognise that the views that they hold concerning homosexuality were not actually their own, but part of Judaeo-Christian indoctrination which they no doubt learnt from Bible studies, and from their pastor or group leader.

Even if black people do not believe in the tale of Sodom and Gomorrah which saw the Hebrew god rain fire and sulphur on the sodomizers, there is to be sure a belief that the Hebrew God outlined a plan for man and woman to join together as one flesh; not for man and man; not for woman and woman. The latter two cases are believed to be against the Hebrew gods' plans, and are therefore ready for judgement when the time comes. Meanwhile these folk will continue to spread that message: going to hell, if you don't change.
Reply 39
Broderss
They're black. What more do you want?

Also a lot of blacks are Christian ~(going by EastEnders that is) so it is their beliefs to be homophobic.

:naughty:

Latest

Trending

Trending