The Student Room Group

My skin is really denting my confidence

I have quite bad problem skin that can really flare up, and have already been on two courses of Roaccutane only to relapse. I don't have a problem with meeting people face to face, as they can see what my skin looks like in reality and make a fair decision, but I just got talking to this guy over the internet, and he wants to meet up with me.

However, most of my photos are from a few months or so ago when my skin was more under control. I explained to him that I was nervous about meeting him because of this, but he obviously just thinks that I am exaggerating.

I really don't like having to cover up under make-up (although it does make me feel a bit better) as it's still obvious I'm spotty. I do want to meet up with him, but I don't want to put him in an awkward position because I know that I don't look like I do in the pictures. Can anyone offer any me any advice on this? :o:
(Bumped as this took a while to approve)
just take a close up picture, with the lights dimmed a bit, i find that works better to pick out bad bits of skin, rather than having the light on bright, and im sorry to hear that you've had 2 roaccutane courses, and both failed? :s-smilie: my course seems to have worked ridiculously well, like the fairy tales of roaccutane were true
I know covering up isn't the answer but Vichy dermablend is amazing.
drink loooooads of water, like 3 litres a day, that usually clears up skin pretty good. what is the problem - is it acne or just a case of bad spots? i think everyone gets self conscious about spots, but i always know for a fact that when you see other people with them its just like ..meh whatever, you really dont 'see' them as a judging point, although this is hard to believe when you have them :smile:. also a great personality will overcome any physical problems you think about - honestly :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending