Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have quite bad problem skin that can really flare up, and have already been on two courses of Roaccutane only to relapse. I don't have a problem with meeting people face to face, as they can see what my skin looks like in reality and make a fair decision, but I just got talking to this guy over the internet, and he wants to meet up with me.

However, most of my photos are from a few months or so ago when my skin was more under control. I explained to him that I was nervous about meeting him because of this, but he obviously just thinks that I am exaggerating.

I really don't like having to cover up under make-up (although it does make me feel a bit better) as it's still obvious I'm spotty. I do want to meet up with him, but I don't want to put him in an awkward position because I know that I don't look like I do in the pictures. Can anyone offer any me any advice on this? :o:

(Bumped as this took a while to approve)

ReputationRep:
    just take a close up picture, with the lights dimmed a bit, i find that works better to pick out bad bits of skin, rather than having the light on bright, and im sorry to hear that you've had 2 roaccutane courses, and both failed? my course seems to have worked ridiculously well, like the fairy tales of roaccutane were true

ReputationRep:
    I know covering up isn't the answer but Vichy dermablend is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    drink loooooads of water, like 3 litres a day, that usually clears up skin pretty good. what is the problem - is it acne or just a case of bad spots? i think everyone gets self conscious about spots, but i always know for a fact that when you see other people with them its just like ..meh whatever, you really dont 'see' them as a judging point, although this is hard to believe when you have them . also a great personality will overcome any physical problems you think about - honestly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.