The Student Room Group

If I made out with another girl "for fun" is it cheating?

Hey, I'm in a relationship atm (only like 2ish months so not that serious yet) but, after looking at the responses on this thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1175221 - I was wondering, if I went out to a club and made out with some other girl or even a female mate of mine, just for fun and we both had no feelings whatsoever for each other, would I be cheating on my girlfriend.

Just interested to know that's all

Disclaimer: I wouldn't because I'd regard that as cheating. I'd also think my girlfriend was cheating if she made out with another girl (although I'd probably forgive her) but a while ago, I did have 2 mates who were going out with their girlfriends for a few years, at a drunken house party the two girls made out with each other and one of their boyfriends saw and, well let's just say it didn't end well.

Anyway, Your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

It would be cheating, yes.
its cheating regardless of which sex its with IMO

then again though im not a hypocrite like some on here
Yes.
Depends on what your relationship is like, and what you (both) think constitutes cheating.
yes its cheating.

unless both of the people have agreed its not, but well thats obvious
Reply 6
Depends on what you both view your relationship as.

But for the vast majority, yes, it's cheating.
If my boyfriend or I did this with a randomer or friend, I would consider it a form of cheating, yes.

Sharing something passionate and personal like a kiss is an act I share with my boyfriend, because I love him and don't want to be close to anyone but him. If you're in love and happy, why would you need to kiss someone else?
Reply 8
Yes
Reply 9
Yes that's cheating. And why else would you make out with a girl other than "for fun"? When is it not for fun?
Yeah, I'd class it as cheating. It doesn't matter what the reason (however innocent) behind it was, it's still unacceptable if you're in a relationship.
Yes, yes, yes oh... and yes!
yes of course it's cheating.
What other TSR members think counts as "cheating" is irrelevant, OP.
Reply 14
Yeah ofc it's cheating but i don't see why you couldn't see that?
What do you think IS cheating?
manwithaplan
Hey, I'm in a relationship atm (only like 2ish months so not that serious yet) but, after looking at the responses on this thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1175221 - I was wondering, if I went out to a club and made out with some other girl or even a female mate of mine, just for fun and we both had no feelings whatsoever for each other, would I be cheating on my girlfriend.

Just interested to know that's all
Anyway, Your thoughts?

well, I believe your reaction would be worse if she made out with a guy.
If she makes out with a girl and she says it's just for fun, then it could be just that, no sexual attraction.
Anyway, if you're so bothered, instead of making out with a girl, go and make out with your guy friend. =)

... or just talk to her about it!
Go to a swingers party with your gf
Reply 17
funsize17
Yeah ofc it's cheating but i don't see why you couldn't see that?
What do you think IS cheating?
I could see that it's just the responses on the other thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1175221) seemed to vary widely from it's cheating to just a bit of fun and I was wondering if there's a double standard or whether that's just the way it is.
Yes.
Reply 19
No i don't think so. People on here don't know how to have fun

Latest

Trending

Trending