The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
desertwarrior
sorry.. i'm not a "**** boyfriend" i'm just gonna swallow my pride and then accept that i did sumat wrong ( no ide awhat) and then try and make up.... can't be bothered with this argument and i wana do the right thing

The right thing to do would be to

a) accept that you are a **** boyfriend.
b) think about what you did wrong; an apology is meaningless if you don't know what you're apologising for.
c) actually care about the fact that you upset your girlfriend and be bothered about the argument.

Also, don't bother with the crappy laptop idea. Do something special to show her you're truly sorry and that you won't do whatever you did again.
Reply 21
SteveWood
As shallow as it sounds it probably will. Depends on the girl as well though.

Not if it's windows 2000
Reply 22
I really can't believe you punched her dad.
desertwarrior
max budget is like 80£ :s-smilie: i just got myself a PS3 so funds are a bit low! Do u think she would appreciate a box set of LOST instead? i cud get series 1,3 and 4 for around 70£

yeahthat'll be good. =]

I have a PS3 as well.

Wanna play :awesome:
Reply 24
It won't work. Don't waste your money.
Reply 25
If I was her and you bought me a netbook with ****** specifications, it'd push me more to dump your ass.
You don't even have a girlfriend.
Wait -you punched her dad?!?!

Apologize to HIM first.

Quite frankly you deserve to be chucked and never spoken of again.
Reply 28
Linweth
If I was her and you bought me a netbook with ****** specifications, it'd push me more to dump your ass.

she isn't that good with computers so i think she would apprecaite having a laptop
Reply 29
I think that all will happen is she will hit you on the head with the laptop ...
desertwarrior
she isn't that good with computers so i think she would apprecaite having a laptop

It would be unlikely to work very well. Even people with no knowledge of computers know the difference between slow and fast!
£59? What a joke :lol:

It's not a good idea. I think you should just talk with your gf and her dad and say four magic words "I am very sorry".

....you can also add "it's not going to happen again” :rofl:
Reply 32
linkdapink
It would be unlikely to work very well. Even people with no knowledge of computers know the difference between slow and fast!

she probably wouldn't.. she isn't that bright u see
Take her out somewhere nice with that money as a way of making up.
Reply 34
Screw money or gift buying.
You have to go and speak to her in person.
Explain to her how truly sorry you are and why it won't happen again.
Apologise to her dad as well.
If she accepts your apology, take her out for a meal - to a restaurant of her choice, and be on your best behaviour.

If it was her laptop you broke, you should replace it, otherwise, girls can not be bought as popular stereotypes would like you to believe.
Reply 35
Rananagirl
Screw money or gift buying.
You have to go and speak to her in person.
Explain to her how truly sorry you are and why it won't happen again.
Apologise to her dad as well.

If it was her laptop you broke, you should replace it, otherwise, girls can not be bought as popular stereotypes would like you to believe.

my friend got back with his ex after buying her some sunglasses..... so i think you are wrong :s-smilie:
Reply 36
desertwarrior
basically.. long story short my girlfriend and her dad are pretty mad at me.....

if i buy her a laptop will she forgive me..
the laptop is 59£ and is windows 2000.. she hasn't got a laptop and i figure it will be pretty useful for her at uni.. i am currently bidding on ebay.. :smile:!

advice

what else could i buy her

Did you break her old laptop? Because then I'd understand why buying her a new laptop will sort things out, but otherwise, just talk to her. I'm sure she'd appreciate a sincere apology and explanation rather than a material gift.

Good luck!
x
desertwarrior
accept that i did sumat wrong ( no ide awhat)
I thought you smashed up her stuff last week and punched her dad today? You were asking earlier if you should go round in the morning with your friends.
Buy her an Imac and she'll never leave you.
Reply 39
*theKid*
Did you break her old laptop? Because then I'd understand why buying her a new laptop will sort things out, but otherwise, just talk to her. I'm sure she'd appreciate a sincere apology and explanation rather than a material gift.

Good luck!
x

thanks! and she has never had a laptop so i thought she could use this one for uni! she is going to do maths at imperial

Latest

Trending

Trending