The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phonicsdude
You mean a few weeks after we beat you 3-0 at Highbury? Oh yes, you do. :rolleyes:

We were giving you a chance, you know, giving you a headstart and even with 3 away goals we murdered you 10 times over.

3-0 isn't humiliating, 5-1 on the other hand...

How do you rate Chamakh?
T.Adams VI
How do you rate Chamakh?

I think he's alright, definitely one of Bordeaux's key players, but would he get a game when we have the likes of RVP, Bendtner, Eduardo and even Arshavin available upfront, with Rosicky able to play on either wing, Vela on the left and Walcott on the right - I'm not sure.

To get him on a free is a bargain, but I'm not sure he's ready or even 'right' for the PL. We've seen a lot of these 'godlike' foreign players come over and flop immensely, Kezman to name one of many. Nonetheless, I hope he proves me wrong though, if Arsène sees something in him, then that's good enough for me.

With that beong said, if there's anyone from Bordeaux I'd like to see at Arsenal it's Gourcuff.
Reply 4303
Well he's excellent in the air, something that Arsenal could do with
Nicky B is also about 3-4 inches taller than Chamakh, fully erect that is :sexface:
What about Jussie or Saivet?
Stalin
I think he's alright, definitely one of Bordeaux's key players, but would he get a game when we have the likes of RVP, Bendtner, Eduardo and even Arshavin available upfront, with Rosicky able to play on either wing, Vela on the left and Walcott on the right - I'm not sure.

To get him on a free is a bargain, but I'm not sure he's ready or even 'right' for the PL. We've seen a lot of these 'godlike' foreign players come over and flop immensely, Kezman to name one of many. Nonetheless, I hope he proves me wrong though, if Arsène sees something in him, then that's good enough for me.

With that beong said, if there's anyone from Bordeaux I'd like to see at Arsenal it's Gourcuff.

:yy:

Fair enough. Chamakh is really just there to provide cover for RVP, alongside Bendtner and Eduardo. It gives us more options, and when Bendtner is off form we'll have Chamakh and Eduardo ready to pounce. With that said, a Chamakh + Eduardo partnership sounds interesting, I reckon they'd work well together.

Gourcuff is way out of our price range, and with Ashavin/Rosicky/Nasri we don't need him.
Tbf, if I was Eboue's friend, I'd laugh at him too.
Stalin
La Rochelle

Been there quite a few times, lovely place. Weirdly I've always thought you lived in China. Don't question that one...

And I completely agree with your other post. Blanc is an amazing manager.
Reply 4312
Michelin Man
What does he say? I see he doesn't put it on but can't listen cos I'm at work.

And I watched Rubin bloody Kazan beat Barca in the Camp Nou so they are very beatable.

So you should know how much of a freak result that was considering how the match actually played out, if Arsenal beat a team in that way I'd be embarrased for them tbh.

Either way I wouldn't mind Arsenal, it would definetely be interesting and for once we'll meet an English team that won't park a Boeing 737 in front of their goal :colonhash:
Jangrafess
Been there quite a few times, lovely place. Weirdly I've always thought you lived in China. Don't question that one...

And I completely agree with your other post. Blanc is an amazing manager.

When were you last over and where were chilling - Fitzpatricks, General Humbert's, MacEwans or Corrigans?

Blanc's done a massive job, I for one would never have though that Bordeaux would've finished top of their group undefeated, when you consider that Bayern Munich and Juventus were in that group. They've also been extremely lucky drawing Patheticikos in the ko rounds and on the run they're in, they'll surely have a few €s in the bank to replace Chamakh in the summer.
Stalin
When were you last over and where were chilling - Fitzpatricks, General Humbert's, MacEwans or Corrigans?

Blanc's done a massive job, I for one would never have though that Bordeaux would've finished top of their group undefeated, when you consider that Bayern Munich and Juventus were in that group. They've also been extremely lucky drawing Patheticikos in the ko rounds and on the run they're in, they'll surely have a few €s in the bank to replace Chamakh in the summer.

I have no idea what any of those places are... but I was about twelve, maybe thirteen.
Jangrafess
I have no idea what any of those places are... but I was about twelve, maybe thirteen.

Oh, 13's slightly youngish to be drinking.

They're Irish/Scottish pubs with Sky Sports where most of the tourists go, most of whom end up paying 5€ for a pint of Guinness.
JK_91
You said you were Scottish the other day, what the **** are you - a Russian Scot living in France?

I'm a Franco-Scot living in France.

I'm not Russian :rofl:
No idea where my Chinaman guess came into it tbf. :~
Stalin isn't Russian??:eek:

What has the world come to?
In2deep
Stalin isn't Russian??:eek:

What has the world come to?

Stalin was actually Georgian :rolleyes:

But, we pretend that this revelation of mine never happened, let's all go back to assuming that I'm 'Russian'.

Latest