The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Clubber Lang
Gallas and Arshavin blatantly faked their injuries to get out of the firing line.

COWARDS!

you're WUMbelievable :bhangra:
Just imagine Gary Neville or Soloman Campbell up against Barca?

Rather not try tbh.
Nasri, Denilson, Walcott and Song all had great games. Bendtner was exceptionally good, he has improved a lot.

Diaby was pooooor.

The problem is we don't know how to defend as a unit. This has to be addressed.
Yeah, I was impressed with Bendtner. Got to see an excellent game of football tonight, anyway :cool:

Arsenal got raped. Aren't victims but survivors. At least for now. Can they survive another rape at the Nou Camp? That's the big question.
Va_Va_ Voom
Footballing Lesson.........but the positives we can take from this is we tend to put our heads down and feel sorry for ourselves against the "big teams" but we kept going until the final whistle. Diaby had a absolute shocker and was it me or i didnt see "the greatest player of all time" do his thing.

He can be kept quiet. Hes an epic player but he can be smothered. When you did let him run at you, he made some beautiful runs.
Reply 7625
It was mainly Diaby's passing tbh, which is odd because he's normally on point in that compartment. Denilson was great.

Quite disappointed by Messi, tbfh. I was expecting a masterclass by him alone. :colonhash:
Reply 7626
I'm so proud today. Like him or not Almunia Kept their goal tally at 2, could of been a lot worse tbf :smile:

Winning at the Nou Camp, all we can do is keep faith...
Reply 7627
white_haired_wizard
Do you think you ran out of steam? You were 100% at it for 60 plus minutes...

a royal raping really, how it's 2-2 god only knows. Quite a crumble by Barca tbh.

Don't think it was stem, probably got way to comfortable. What shocked me was the gulf in class between Arsenal and Barcelona, somebody was arguing with me that Arsenal would have more possession, what was it 70% possession in the 1st half and 65% overall :teehee:

No idea how Arsenal came back though, Walcott was a great addition though and Pep should have told Maxwell to drop back.

Either way confident we will go through, the demeanour in which we dominated seemed like we were at the Camp Nou and not at the Emirates. Two away goals in a draw? Can't complain tbh.
Reply 7628
Michelin Man
The team next week has to include Nasri, walcott and Eboue. Our 3 best players no doubt about it.

100% correct. what did you thinkof arshavin btw?
T.Adams VI
Nasri, Denilson, Walcott and Song all had great games. Bendtner was exceptionally good, he has improved a lot.

Diaby was pooooor.

The problem is we don't know how to defend as a unit. This has to be addressed.

Or attack as a unit, too many times in the first half your players were isolated without the physicality that say Walcott has to get away.

Other than that good summary if you include Almunia in the good games.
it was a good comeback in all fairness. however with 2 away goals, i can't see Barca losing at home, especially if Fabregas, Gallas and Arshavin are absent for Arsenal. at least now the second leg is worth watching.
Barça
Don't think it was stem, probably got way to comfortable. What shocked me was the gulf in class between Arsenal and Barcelona, somebody was arguing with me that Arsenal would have more possession, what was it 70% possession in the 1st half and 65% overall :teehee:

No idea how Arsenal came back though, Walcott was a great addition though and Pep should have told Maxwell to drop back.

Either way confident we will go through, the demeanour in which we dominated seemed like we were at the Camp Nou and not at the Emirates. Two away goals in a draw? Can't complain tbh.

complacency? cockiness? I just could not see Arsenal coming back into the game. However, when Arsenal did have the ball in the first half and managed to get it into your half and attack you, they nearly had success, e.g. the ease with which Nasri turned one of your defenders and very nearly found the back of the net.

Tonight showed that you're magnificent with ball retention and going forward but that defensively, you have weaknesses. Barca aren't a perfect outfit but attacking-wise, close to perfection really. lovely pass from xavi for the second Barca goal. Sure, the Arsenal defending was a bit dodgy but the dink/chipped pass was delightful.
Best players on the pitch? Walcott Almunia and Eboue

Worst players on the pitch? Messi :woo: and Diaby :frown:

I think Arshavin will be back for next week...

Best champions league game since AC-Liverpoor?
Is Iniesta out for the 2nd leg as well?
Harry-AA

The Man Utd vs Chelsea 2008 CL final was pretty impressive tbh. Great entertainment value.
Reply 7635
Clubber Lang
Gallas and Arshavin blatantly faked their injuries to get out of the firing line.

COWARDS!

Arshavin's injury did look quite fake actually, i mean he jogged off down the tunnel ffs. At least Gallas had the decency to use a stretcher.

Also, Vermaelen had an off game today, caught out twice by exactly the same long ball, he was always pushing forward with an eye on messi, who we managed to control excellently from 15 mins onward.
Reply 7636
white_haired_wizard
The Man Utd vs Chelsea 2008 CL final was pretty impressive tbh. Great entertainment value.

Only the Juventus-AC one at Old Trafford can beat that one for entertainment tbf.
Reply 7637
Harry-AA

Dare we take that away from Liverpool? :teehee:
Panthalic
Syn is going to come on and absolutely rave about how much Fabregas was our captain tonight, and he'll be completely spot on. This is a man who probably shouldn't have even started the game. This is a man who knew he was a booking away from missing his dream match but he still went in and made the challenge he knew he had to make. This is a man who ran all game, who kept going even when he could barely function as a human being. This is man who had the brass ******* ******** to put that ball down, wait out Puyol's delaying tactics, then smack that little ****** straight in. He is our captain, and I ******* love him.

You know me too well.

****in' love this club.
Fablous Fabregas:biggrin:

Latest