The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
rainbowbex
No worries, I didn't notice your post as being particularly harsh..

would a guy get so far as loving me X much without understanding those things though? If I didn't understand such a fundamental part of someone's life I don't think the relationship would progress that far. and I'd feel by sharing my life with them either their views would change or mine would and I don't wish to seek to distance myself from God.

I would still be living my life for God, so my actions could be considered an expression of my views.. I guess people can choose to take or leave my company though.

what would you define as someone forcing their views on you?

It's funny how in practical situations like this faith/religion seems to complicate things, yet at the same time I just don't feel a need to worry about a single thing!

Everyone has something about them no one will ever understand, its human nature- so as long as you dont rely on god to make every decision you make, and bring it up at the dinner table, or refuse to watch 'Life of Brian', I dont see how someone could not fall for you.

As for imposing beliefs- I mean trying to convert people. If my Christian/Catholic wife wanted to take my kids to church every so often and instill Christian values, thats fine by me. But if my kids arnt happy following that religion then she'll have to back down and allow them to make their own choice.

I will say though. Of the Christians I know, it doest seem hard to find a significant other of the same faith- so yeah, its not likely to be a complication for you.
Reply 61
Physically:

Long hair (by long I mean able to put in a ponytail)
Full beard/moustache
Very fat. I like a bit of chunk though, as long as it's firm and muscley as well, not just flabby
Under 5'8

Personality:

Guys with no ambition!
An unwillingness try new things. Like new foods or countries. I need someone who wants to experience everything, explore, experiment and LIVE. Not just sit in their room and waste their life away playing xbox.
If they are vain. I think it's more manly not to care.
Religious. It just can't work.
devotchka_
I hate, hate, HATE guys with long nails. Eurgh, it's just creepy and revolting.
I hate skinny guys. A little bit of meat is incredibly attractive and manly.
Body odour is disgusting if it's really bad. A tiny bit can be quite sexy and masculine.
In terms of personality, I hate overconfident boys, arrogant boys and boys that belittle and bully other people.

You seem to have a whole lot of hate.. but have you considered... love?
People who say "sick". Their whole personality reflects that as well.
LinzyLoo
Physically:

Long hair (by long I mean able to put in a ponytail)
Full beard/moustache
Very fat. I like a bit of chunk though, as long as it's firm and muscley as well, not just flabby
Under 5'8

Personality:

Guys with no ambition!
An unwillingness try new things. Like new foods or countries. I need someone who wants to experience everything, explore, experiment and LIVE. Not just sit in their room and waste their life away playing xbox.
If they are vain. I think it's more manly not to care.
Religious. It just can't work.

I agree with all of your physical points. Ponytails actually do make me feel a little sick, it's amazing how much better people can look without it. Just for an example, on How I met your mother, Barney normally has short hair and there was a flash-back to when he had a ponytail, and just the ponytail made him look so vile. Eww.
James4d
Everyone has something about them no one will ever understand, its human nature- so as long as you dont rely on god to make every decision you make, and bring it up at the dinner table, or refuse to watch 'Life of Brian', I dont see how someone could not fall for you.

As for imposing beliefs- I mean trying to convert people. If my Christian/Catholic wife wanted to take my kids to church every so often and instill Christian values, thats fine by me. But if my kids arnt happy following that religion then she'll have to back down and allow them to make their own choice.

I will say though. Of the Christians I know, it doest seem hard to find a significant other of the same faith- so yeah, its not likely to be a complication for you.

Off topic. I really want to watch life of brian! My friend came over and we started watching it but I fell asleep! My bad!

Life is so hard to explain sometimes
Bad teeth
Bad hygiene
Lack of sense of humour
Unintelligent
Long, greasy hair
Cockiness

That's enough for now :smile:

Edit: + obesity.
A severe lack of Intelligence, Wisdom, or Life experience
Spoilt attitude
No sense of humour or wit
Being religious would probably get on my nerves quite quickly too
Poor Hygiene
Vanity...the worst thing in the world
Reply 68
rainbowbex
Off topic. I really want to watch life of brian! My friend came over and we started watching it but I fell asleep! My bad!

Life is so hard to explain sometimes

You should, its legendary. Dont be the kind of religius person that gets resentful at every mockery, or reference to your religion. I remember my christian cousins wouldnt see me star in the musical 'Godspell' because it 'doesnt show Jesus being ressurected' :<
James4d
Heh, may I ask why that is? Always hated football, but its never been a trait used against me. It is, at the end of the day, a mindnumbingly boring sport played by morons and watched by hooilgans (for the most part). :yep:

Sir, I beg to differ. Modern football doesn't involve hooliganism (for the most part). Just because we sing loudly and cheer and boo it doesn't mean we are thugs, just passionate. I'd be mad loud and crazy whilst watching the football but a pretty easygoing guy otherwise. Violence is such a rarity in football nowadays, its funny the generalisations people make. That Millwall/West Ham game that everyone was on about basically hasn't happened since the 70s, unless you count Rangers and Celtic, but thats more about politics and religion than football.
AIDS is a definite no go...
Smoking, displaying sexist/racist behaviour, smelling bad, most facial hair, rudeness, bad breath, guys who gel their hair too much, guys who use fake tan, guys that at like thugs, guys that shave their heads/leg hair/any other type of body hair,hairy backs....
skinny/muscle-less guys

snobs/rahs
Arrogance. No sense of humour. Bigot. Unadventurous dresser. Pessimistic/critical of everything. Too quiet (I'm quiet, but I know when enough's enough). Not very good at reading people.
Reply 74
In a girl, being overly 'manly' (like over the top I mean). I like girls who look after themselves so if they're particularly unhealthy looking that would put me off. (so bad teeth, bad skin etc.)
Apart from that, arrogance is probably the most off putting personality trait.
I would say a girl that only wants to talk about herself, but if I did I'd be narrowing my range of potential partners down to 0% seeing as every girl's favourite subject is herself. Personally, at the moment in time I'm put off by every girl, so I just look for bad things to convince myself it's not worth it. It's great. For some reason I do seem to attract looks from the opposite sex despite being particularly unattractive. And no, they're not looks of sheer disgust either. It's disturbing.
Reply 76
Turnoffs

-Too much makeup
-Sluts
-Girls that cant have a laugh/joke around
-unhygenic
-Dont make an effort with their appearance
Smoking and having a poor sense of humour would be right at the top, quickly followed by being too accessible. I adore enigmatic women who are difficult to unlock. I find a certain amount of strategically placed arrogance extremely attractive, personally; modesty bores me and confidence isn't enough. Lack of directness and vacillation irritates me immensely. Sexual immaturity or overt inhibition annoys the **** out of me. If she's stubborn she has my attention - if she's too easy to convince intellectually again I am quickly bored. She has to challenge me aggressively but with elegant, constructive subtlety; a mind I can work out and have fun exploring. If she's politically correct to the extent whereby she can't say what she thinks, I'm looking somewhere else. She has to run against the grain. She has to be different, quirky, and impossible to pin down. An enigma.
Reply 78
Bad teeth and monobrows

Can't stand:
Shaved heads, too much muscle, lack of adventurous food taste, lack of ambition, blond hair, lack of spontenaiety, uninspiring/conservative in bed, sexist/racist behaviour, village mentality, small eyes, lack of effort grooming and style, facial hair, tee-total, football loving, lack of refined-ness

Latest

Trending

Trending