The Student Room Group

Dropped out of UNI-can I reapply now?

Hey guys,

I only found out last week that I have failed my exams and I can not retake the exams no longer. I got ACCC and did a foundation medical course ( I was damn lucky to get in with those grades)...I am thinking of going into Biomedical Sciences this eyar (hopefully) and then enter Medicine as a postgraduate...my Q is...isit realistic to try that route? Or shall I go for something else? And does anyone know what the chances are of me getting into any Uni for Biomedical Sciences 2010? Your advice is much appreciated! =)
Reply 1
You're chances of getting into anything, are slimmer considering the deadline for non-late applications was nearly a month ago. Then again there is no harm in trying, and there's always UCAS Extra which is coming up soon and then Clearing.
Reply 2
daisycrazy
Hey guys,

I only found out last week that I have failed my exams and I can not retake the exams no longer. I got ACCC and did a foundation medical course ( I was damn lucky to get in with those grades)...I am thinking of going into Biomedical Sciences this eyar (hopefully) and then enter Medicine as a postgraduate...my Q is...isit realistic to try that route? Or shall I go for something else? And does anyone know what the chances are of me getting into any Uni for Biomedical Sciences 2010? Your advice is much appreciated! =)
I am sorry you've had this disappointment.

You might find applying for post-grad medicine with your track record so far a bit of a challenge. I don't mean to be harsh, but it's as well to be realistic. Post-grad medicine is no less competitive to get into than undergrad; if anything it's more so.

My advice to you would be to stop completely for now and take stock of where you're at. You have missed the deadline for equal consideration for 2010, so your choices even for biomedical sciences would be limited, and in any case after the experience you've just had I really would advise against rushing into something else just yet. You need time to reflect on why this course went wrong, and what you could do perhaps to reduce the risk of it happening again. A point you should also take into account is that the Student Loan system only allows one false start, so you might end up having to find the funds for living expenses and tuition fees yourself for at least one year of another course if it happened again.

If you are worried about being 'old' as a student, don't be. Much better to take your time and find something you really want to do and are good at, even if that takes a year or two.
Reply 3
Thanks guys for your response...I am very passionate about Medicine, and dont think I could do somethign else...I dropped out due to some personal issues, and I am a high achiever...if given the chance I would achieve top...but I was just wondering what other degrees the medical school would accept except Biomedical Sciences, if I wanted to get into Postgraduate Medicine...thanks again for the responses =)
Reply 4
daisycrazy
Thanks guys for your response...I am very passionate about Medicine, and dont think I could do somethign else...I dropped out due to some personal issues, and I am a high achiever...if given the chance I would achieve top...but I was just wondering what other degrees the medical school would accept except Biomedical Sciences, if I wanted to get into Postgraduate Medicine...thanks again for the responses =)
The issue is less about what degree it is, and more about the grade. Have a look in the Medicine forum for more info - but it is certainly the case there's more choice than just Biomedical Sciences.

Latest

Trending

Trending