The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if you look in the mirror and want to be thinner; then eat healthy food, cut down on coffee, tea, chocolate, cakes etc, and regularly exercise 3 times a week.

However, if you look at yourself and see someone who is fat and ugly and you think that if you were thinner the world for you would be a better place, and all your problems would be solved then you could have a problem. Try talking to your family doctor; if you do have a problem they will be able to detect it if you are completely honest with them. Obsessing about becoming thinner drains you, and if you spend your time constantly thinking about it, you never fully relax, and you wont be able to enjoy yourself at all; and you will gradually become a shadow of your former self.

So try and nip this in the bud and talk to your family doctor.
Reply 2
Skinny isn't a nice look. When i was younger i was a lot skinnier and i hated it now i've managed to put some weight on and its so much better. Just make sure you don't turn these thoughts into an ED.
Reply 3
Heres a thought for you.

Naturally men go for attractive women, attraction is defined amongst other things as youthful and healthy looking - its simple. Stick thin looks unhealthy and is therefore generally thought of as unattractive. It certainly is to me and most men i would bet.

Im sure you dont want to look thinner...

Btw - im assuming your desire to be thin is to attract the opposite sex, if not ignore my post :smile:
Reply 4
A real quick way to become thin is by smoking. Smoke your body mass of.

:bandit:
Mittal

Great advice there. Mittal, you're so helpful.

MB
Reply 6
Mittal

that's ********...

smoking suppresses your appetite sometimes, but doesn't MAKE you lose weight...
Reply 7
need_money
Skinny isn't a nice look. When i was younger i was a lot skinnier and i hated it now i've managed to put some weight on and its so much better. Just make sure you don't turn these thoughts into an ED.

So true.
Reply 8
The whole point of this thread is because her health is in question - and your telling her to smoke? ffs
Reply 9
adamu
The whole point of this thread is because her health is in question - and your telling her to smoke? ffs

ok, I never read the post properly, But atleast she knows now that she should NOT smoke. :wink:
Reply 10
yup - no one should smoke..
Reply 11
I know how you feel.i had an ed when i was about 15 and about 2 years after my sister became severely anorexic.it was so triggering looking at her even though she was critically ill.however when her illness got worse (about as skinny as u can get without dying)the thin thing sort of lost its attraction.now its inspired me to gain some weight (though this isnt as easy to get my head around as i had originally thought it would be).

My recommendation would be same as others. doctors. or at least talk to your friends or family quickly!!
Reply 12
I'm ridiculously thin - but I love the fact that I am. I relish my metabolism; I can induldge in whatever I please, and not put on a penny. Some just aren't as fortunate.
Reply 13
Shamen
I'm ridiculously thin - but I love the fact that I am. I relish my metabolism; I can induldge in whatever I please, and not put on a penny. Some just aren't as fortunate.

:ditto:

but I'm not happy about it, I'm extremely underweight.
Skinny really is not attractive in my opinion. It really really isn't. It's much nicer to be with a girl who has hips etc. Think of the celebrities who are deemed good looking; Jennifer Lopez, Kelly Brook, Shakira, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce etc. They're not skinny.
Reply 15
habosh
ok the otherday I saw an extreamly thin girl,like really really thin,and I had this thought where I wanted to be as thin as her,it kinda terrified me,I know she was exercising and all to bulk up,I don't know I don't like thinking like that yet I do it all the time,always wanting to be thinner and thinner and thinner:rolleyes:

What help have you sought so far?

Please remember that this 'very thin girl' you saw may be going through her own version of your experiences. I (although semi-rcovered, in that I no longer fulfil the criteria of anorexia or bulimia - so I guess I am now EDNOS) frequently find myself 'triggered' by such things but I have undergone CBT so I employ the 'skills' I obtained to overcome it.
Reply 16
Shamen

Don't join the Samaritans...please. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Shamen

I don't really think this thread is the place for that kind of comment I'm afraid.
Reply 18
Coffee and tea make you fat?
Reply 19
BellaCat
Don't join the Samaritans...please. :rolleyes:

Had no intention; ergo my comment. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending