The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
finnstar
fellow marshmellowians, nottinghammies and other members of these crazy non profit organisations gathered here today.

the last hour has finally arrived, the final tray of muffins baked (quite literally).. and the last pair of stockings stuffed into my big travel bag.. it is 530am and as far as packing through the night goes, i am done :biggrin:

in a short matter of 6 hours i will be comfortably seated in a big flying machine which flies like a bird except without flapping its wings (and fancy deadly maneuvers unless youre flying singaporean airlines)..

so anyway.. as my location suggests.. i am five days away from nottingham and hours away from your wonderful civilised country. :smile: hence i too will be absent for some time from TSR.. but still.. see you on the other side..

ps - i am in no way at all biased against singapore. (or so i would have you think)

Safe journey, and keep an eye out for people in turbans playing with mechano.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
irisng
Lol I'm crap at cheat although I do love the game! :biggrin: I'm just not very good at lying and it shows on my face I think :redface: I can never tell when someone's cheating or not either lol!

Although my friend did teach me a golden rule - always shout CHEAT when someone's laying down their last card! :biggrin:

Only works against the double bluffer, most ppl save a pair for the very end.
Reply 442
but saving the cards might be hard to do. if they end up with just one card and put that down, then it prob is a cheat.

...hmm. im thinking in circles today.
Reply 443
Spikerocker
Only works against the double bluffer, most ppl save a pair for the very end.

What do you mean save a pair for the very end? How can you know what card you're gonna need at the end? :confused: Strategy is not my strongest point :redface:
Reply 444
irisng
Lol I'm crap at cheat although I do love the game! :biggrin: I'm just not very good at lying and it shows on my face I think :redface: I can never tell when someone's cheating or not either lol!

Although my friend did teach me a golden rule - always shout CHEAT when someone's laying down their last card! :biggrin:

I played cheat with Mark, and that was his strategy. So I put down about 6 cards and claimed every one was a 5. He only challenged on the last one, and I'd made sure that was a 5!
im not giving my cheat tactics away.......

not that they work that well anyway seens as i didnt win one game on holiday! bah!
Ollie87, where in gods name are you coming from? The moon, an isolated island in polynesia or some wretched valley in Wales?

I'm a postgrad (read 22year old who can't face the prospect of work yet). I'll be studying Post- Genomic Technologies (DNA technology to the lay person) MRes. I'm yet to get a place in halls so anyone who wants to share a bed let me know.
Reply 447
barneythedinosa
Ollie87, where in gods name are you coming from? The moon, an isolated island in polynesia or some wretched valley in Wales?

I'm a postgrad (read 22year old who can't face the prospect of work yet). I'll be studying Post- Genomic Technologies (DNA technology to the lay person) MRes. I'm yet to get a place in halls so anyone who wants to share a bed let me know.

I'm coming from Kent :smile:. (If it was in reference to my comment, it was a light hearted reference to the report that was conducted, highlighting the possibilties of terrorists assembling bombs mid-flight).
I'm back :biggrin:

If there are any updates to be done, I'm doing them tomorrow though!
Reply 449
Hey All!

Name: Vicky
Course: Chemistry
Halls: Broadgate
Comments: Can't wait! Super soon now :biggrin: . . . nervousness!
Right, all updated now :biggrin:
Reply 451
Juno
I played cheat with Mark, and that was his strategy. So I put down about 6 cards and claimed every one was a 5. He only challenged on the last one, and I'd made sure that was a 5!

About 6 cards and claimed they were all 5's? What, all at once or one by one? But there're only four 5's so surely he would've shouted cheat earlier on!
Reply 452
I'm gonna miss my double bed :frown: it's such a nice comfy bed I'm not used to single beds now! :frown:
Reply 453
irisng
About 6 cards and claimed they were all 5's? What, all at once or one by one? But there're only four 5's so surely he would've shouted cheat earlier on!

I put them down one at a time. Like I said "one 5" and he said "one 6" so I said "one 5" again. And then he challeneged on the last "one 5" which actually was!
Reply 454
Juno
I put them down one at a time. Like I said "one 5" and he said "one 6" so I said "one 5" again. And then he challeneged on the last "one 5" which actually was!

The only way you could carry on putting down 5's without fail consecutively is if it's your go straight after his go, and then his go straight after your go. In other words, there's only 2 players. Or if my maths' gone haywire here, tell me (after all, I dropped Maths for a reason!).

So on the assumption that there were only 2 players, surely your bf could count and see if he's holding any 5's and deduce how many 5's you should have... You said there were about 6 cards - I personally would be suspicious by the 3rd time you say the same number I wouldn't wait til the last card.

Am I sounding just really stupid here? :confused: I simply don't see how your bf couldn't have known you were cheating before the last card.
laney
I usually lay the wrong cards at the start if I have the correct ones - e.g say "4 twos" but lay one of four different cards. That way you'll have twos later! Messes people up.

you want to convinvince every one else
that other people are cheeting before your go then you dont have to put down the cards!! voila
Fish12002
Name:Jason
Course: chemistry with molecular physics
Hall: hugh stewart
Comments: can't wait till week one! its gonna rock!

yay another chemist ( a molecular physist as well but i'll let you off)!! :biggrin:
Vickstar
Hey All!

Name: Vicky
Course: Chemistry
Halls: Broadgate
Comments: Can't wait! Super soon now :biggrin: . . . nervousness!

YAY more chemists!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Course: Modern Language Studies (3 languages = masochist)
Hall: Lenton Wortley
Comments: About bloody time...cant wait...fun on a stick.
better late than never!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending