The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Miraclefish
Being short is pretty low on my list of issues.

Badoom-tish.

Anywho. I'm 5'8. The average male height is, apparently, 5'9.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about my height. I've known short people with more presence than people as tall as streetlights. How you carry yourself is far more important than how far off the ground you keep your hair.

Agreed. I know some tall people, and i'm thinking 'woah, i've never actually heard you speak, express an opinion or converse generally', but i suppose thats a good thing in some ways, like the fact that you don't get 'letters home' -even though i'm in sixth form- about the fact that you're loud, distracting, and too talkative. (i'm not loud) ¬_¬
Libtolu
Agreed.

However what's funny about liverpool isn't living there but the fact that some crazy people somewhere consider it the cultural capital of uk that's funny.

But.. But.. The Lambananas!!!!

Btw, I'm short, I love being short and the short jokes are amazing :biggrin: and yes, I can fit in a suitcase, yet go on all of the rides at Alton Towers. I find it amazing that I can be picked up and thrown around :rolleyes:
Reply 42
mikeylfc1989
Only girls..., it's depressing when you see one towering over you lol.
But if you can't change something, it's not going to help worrying about it.

The most annoying thing is when most guys are 6ft average these days. It's hard to put your ego aside when girls actually comment on your height. But, u gotta stay strong and just put it to one side i guess.
Ah.Cheesecake.
But.. But.. The Lambananas!!!!

Btw, I'm short, I love being short and the short jokes are amazing :biggrin: and yes, I can fit in a suitcase, yet go on all of the rides at Alton Towers. I find it amazing that I can be picked up and thrown around :rolleyes:

This...
YL_LDN
The most annoying thing is when most guys are 6ft average these days. It's hard to put your ego aside when girls actually comment on your height. But, u gotta stay strong and just put it to one side i guess.

Definitely noticed this, I'm supposed to only be 2 inches below average height. Doesn't seem like that at all.
There's nothing wrong with being short. It annoys me when people keep going on about their height and are like 'Oh, I'm so short :blah:'.
YL_LDN

No they're not.
Ilovewords
yes, but our star signs match :smile:
And i'd be curious to see your skinless cucumber..

Well clearly it's fated then...but can you quit stop calling it that...
Adonis I love you.
I'm 5'10/11 but lots of people are over six foot.
Reply 50
mikeylfc1989
Have you actually been? I don't see a problem with Liverpool winning that all.

I have been and frankly my arse has more culture than liverpool.
Reply 51
0201Bean
Agreed. I know some tall people, and i'm thinking 'woah, i've never actually heard you speak, express an opinion or converse generally', but i suppose thats a good thing in some ways, like the fact that you don't get 'letters home' -even though i'm in sixth form- about the fact that you're loud, distracting, and too talkative. (i'm not loud) ¬_¬

"wise men speak when they have something to say, Fools speak when they have to say something"
I'm 6'1
the best thing about being tall is knowing that your package is equal to size too :biggrin:
most woman know this also = result
Apparently, the average height is 5'9 for a britsh male. However, people my age seem to average around 5'10/5'11.
I'm 6'1 so it don't bother me too much
Short girls wouldnt find it hard to bag a guy.
But short guys would find it hard to bag a girl especially if they are around the same height, or she is abit taller.
Reply 55
Adonis
What annoys me, is how others care about my height more than I do?

I'm just below average for UK people [5'8]

and I've had a few comments from tall guys who are like, ohh .. sucks to be you, or whatever, and I'm like - how??!! It's never effected me in a negative way

apart from the fact that all the roids you take and how buff you get is clearly subconciously affected by the fact that most guys of an average hight could pat you on the head and call you short arse.

Get as buff as you like, never gonna make you tall kiddo
Adonis
Seriously.

Have people just stopped caring about being fat now? and want to focus on their height and not waistline?

I've just seen tons of threads about this the past few days and it can all be summed up in one simple line;

NO-ONE CARES !!!

and as I've said it before - people only dislike short people in that they hate people who have a thing against the world for being short, and oh woe is me, I'm short (when often, they are just below average)

and it's mostly men doing the complaining, it's like sheesh

and then you get the women who moan (girls who are like 5'3 - that's not short, my ex was 4'9 that is short) why? petite is awesome. you can fit in suitcases like my friend

but I digress.

Aaaaw! That made my day. :h:
YL_LDN
what? 5ft7 in wales is tall for men or women?

Men The girls are the same height as the rest of the brits, but the men are just so short, and squat too.
Reply 58
fat girls and short guys...........

just say no, talk to frank.
tailschao
Yeah, which is why you've created a thread on shortness and how utterly totally completely unimportant it is and how you really really really don't care, right?

Good sir doth protest too much, methinks.

OMG. I just saw your posts, (1337) and looked at the clock (13:37) :O :O

Latest

Trending

Trending