The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lexi99
Am neary in my third year of uni and honestly, finding peope my age who are into the same things is quite rare unless you know where to look

look then
Reply 21
A Freshie
look then

Uuum yea, thats what this thread is about!!!

Am just worried i wont be able to fit in
Reply 22
Lexi99

Aren't we all? I'm in a similar position just with slightly diff music tastes.

No-one really ever fits in, they just keep trying their best to.

there must be a few festivals around the country which are dedicated to this sorta stuff? surely?
Reply 23
Fynch101
Aren't we all? I'm in a similar position just with slightly diff music tastes.

No-one really ever fits in, they just keep trying their best to.

there must be a few festivals around the country which are dedicated to this sorta stuff? surely?

Yea there are looooads!!! I really wanna get to the weekenders they have but dont wanna spend the whole weekend there alone. I do know people who go to them but not well enough to say 'Hi, can i stay with you there for the weekend?'

Gonna start of with the gigs and see how it goes from there.
Reply 24
Lexi99
Yea there are looooads!!! I really wanna get to the weekenders they have but dont wanna spend the whole weekend there alone. I do know people who go to them but not well enough to say 'Hi, can i stay with you there for the weekend?'

Gonna start of with the gigs and see how it goes from there.

Sounds good yeah, you'd be amazed how easy it is to meet people at festivals though!
Reply 25
Lexi99
Uuum yea, thats what this thread is about!!!

Have you posted in every single forum of your interests?
Kash:)
Like you were going to anyway :rolleyes:

do you mean 'they'......I already have
Just get your tits out and they'll all love you
OP you got 'twist again' hawaii five O version?......if not be a darling and dload it.
Reply 29
Hugh-Jackman
OP you got 'twist again' hawaii five O version?......if not be a darling and dload it.

No i havent. Just gave it a listen, its not bad
Reply 30

:woo: GO CARLTON!
Reply 31
Hugh-Jackman
do you mean 'they'......I already have

sorry, don't get what you mean
Reply 32
Lexi99
So my interests are pretty non mainstream - im into rockabilly, rock n roll, the 50s, doo wop, jiving, classic cars, etc.

Thing is none of my friends are into the same thing and i want to get out more to gigs and clubs to meet more people my age who are.

There are a couple of local gigs on tomoro (i havent decided which to go to yet) but im worried that i wont meet anyone there or wont be able to integrate myself into the crowd :frown:

What to do?

I lol'd so hard!
Reply 33
MancBoy
I lol'd so hard!

Why?
Reply 34
Lexi99
Why?

When you said underground music I didn't expect it would be that sort of music.
Reply 35
MancBoy
When you said underground music I didn't expect it would be that sort of music.

Oh well it is, its hardly mainstream
Reply 36
Anyway am off out tonight and looking forward to it woop!! :biggrin:
Reply 37
Lexi99
Oh well it is, its hardly mainstream

It WAS mainstream. Its just old mainstream now. When you said underground I thought you meant like EBM, Goth, Cyberpunk, Drum and Bass etc
Reply 38
MancBoy
It WAS mainstream. Its just old mainstream now. When you said underground I thought you meant like EBM, Goth, Cyberpunk, Drum and Bass etc

Its not really old tbh just moved out of the limelight. There's still a huge scene for it and still many many bands playing the same style of music. Imelda May is probably the most mainstream example of rockabilly music.

Latest

Trending

Trending