The Student Room Group

I think I've offended my mate's family and my mate! Felling so horrible now...

Well I was at my mate's house and we were talking about work. He said that he wanted to find a place to live near his company. He then came to mentioned that he went to my housing area to find a flat to live.

My mate is living in an estate and I said to him that once my town was a very small estate as well (in my country, an estate is where very low cost housing are built) but now has become a very nice place because of the development. It's also known as an upper-class place from some people (e.g. South Kensington type class)

But I told my mate specifically that I'm not from a rich family nor I am one at the moment, and though now the place is well known to be very expensive, it is just a smart move from my dad that he went and buy the house when the land was very cheap and no one wanted it at that time.

Here's the thing...I said to him, "my dad made a smart move, who wants to buy a land like that? No one did and no one believes in it, but my dad see it differently". Here, I was referring to the smart move that my dad did, where he bought the house when no one did. But now, I am so afraid that I have offended mate by saying such things because he is after all living in that kinda place now, and it seems that he just looked at the floor for a few seconds when I said that:frown: And I'm also afraid that his family heard it because the house is quite open :frown:

Did I just do something horribly wrong? Hope somebody can give me some advice :frown:

EDIT: My grammar is not that good. Hope somebody can check it for me. I am from Greece by the way.
Reply 1
Just tell your friend that you're really sorry if you said anything that offended him, that you absolutely didn't mean for it to come out like that, but, after thinking about it, you're really worried it could have sounded rude, and you certainly didn't intend it to.
Reply 2
I don't get what you did wrong :confused:
Reply 3
abc101
Just tell your friend that you're really sorry if you said anything that offended him, that you absolutely didn't mean for it to come out like that, but, after thinking about it, you're really worried it could have sounded rude, and you certainly didn't intend it to.

Thanks. I really want to apologize but I don't know...I am so afraid that he might use this if we had an argument in future (had experience this before...)
Reply 4
He must be a really sensitive dude if he were to take such a minor error as a mistake
Reply 5
Anonymous
Thanks. I really want to apologize but I don't know...I am so afraid that he might use this if we had an argument in future (had experience this before...)

Just get in touch with him as soon as, that way, he can't be brooding over it, and it'll all be done and dusted soon as :smile: Don't worry, it sounds unlikely that he would have taken something like that to heart, to be fair.

Latest

Trending

Trending