The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever fancied/dated their driving instructor?

So I was down the pub recently with my gf and some of our mates. One of my gfs mates told us she has a crush on her driving instructor, and we were all taking the piss out of her all night.

She's only 19 and her driving instructor is about 36 but 'gorgeous' and 'he always listens to her' according to her, she goes on about how they sit in the car after each lesson just talking etc, although she said nothing's happened between them yet.

Is this normal? Who else here has had a crush on their driving instructor before, and what advice should we give to our friend cos I don't want her to get hurt.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like she's already shifted his gear stick.
Did she signal her intentions to him early?
It sounds a bit weird but it's her choice, maybe she should wait til she's passed her test then reveal her feelings for him, that way there's no awkwardness if he turns her down etc. I dunno, 19 and 36 is a big gap but good luck to them, stranger things have happened. It might just be a passing crush, perhaps she's feeling lonely and likes the fact he's paying attention to her I dunno.
Reply 4
Thats just weird.. pretty sure he would lose his job if something happened?

Most driving instructors i've seen are either old.. or simply annoying :/. The i've seen was my guy and he was fat and bald.. funny and a good laugh.. but not someone i expect people to fancy.
Reply 5
My driving instructor was little, bald, middle-aged man sooo . . . let's hope not.
Reply 6
Wonder if he'd like to stick his key into her ignition and take her for a ride
Reply 7
Einheri
My driving instructor was little, bald, middle-aged man sooo . . . let's hope not.

Her instructor is 36 and looks a bit like Darren Brown according to her so I'm guessing he's not 'bald/fat/middle-aged/ugly' etc.

I dunno if she's revealed her intentions to him she just said nothing's happened yet that's all.
Derren Brown? But he's gay isn't he? Anyway, I don't think it's gonna work out for her without there being consequences for the both of them the best they can do is get together outside of the lessons so the instructor don't lose his job, so does he even know she likes him or what?
Reply 9
Yeah, but mine wasn't probably even 30 yet. And he was fine!!!
Well my Dad was my driving instructor so, er.. No :rolleyes:
Reply 11
sil3nt_cha0s
Did she signal her intentions to him early?

:clap2:
Anon_2010
So I was down the pub recently with my gf and some of our mates. One of my gfs mates told us she has a crush on her driving instructor, and we were all taking the piss out of her all night.

She's only 19 and her driving instructor is about 36 but 'gorgeous' and 'he always listens to her' according to her, she goes on about how they sit in the car after each lesson just talking etc, although she said nothing's happened between them yet.

Is this normal? Who else here has had a crush on their driving instructor before, and what advice should we give to our friend cos I don't want her to get hurt.

Thanks.

Meh. My sister ended up marrying and having a kid with her driving instructor.
Nothing weird about it. :biggrin:

However, she's in her thirties, he wasn't bald/fat/ugly. Oh, and they divorced. :s-smilie:

Go figure.
Reply 13
"Get hold of the gearstick, stick it in your third gear. Or You can pull it away on your own, then we'll finish off with giving you a pass"
Reply 14
obsession
Yeah, but mine wasn't probably even 30 yet. And he was fine!!!

Yeah but would you have dated him/shagged him etc if you'd had the chance? It's not likely is it, and it would be a bit off for people to start getting with their driving instructor. I dunno it just seems like a schoolgirl crush she's got on him but it could be a deeper thing I dunno, just hope she doesn't get into any trouble etc.
Reply 15
A-W-H
"Get hold of the gearstick, stick it in your third gear. Or You can pull it away on your own, then we'll finish off with giving you a pass"

the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was: there are so many things you can come up with (I can't remember the term for it) with this. Like you did. :sigh: [and I'm normally quite innocent on this front]
Reply 16
Anon_2010
Yeah but would you have dated him/shagged him etc if you'd had the chance? It's not likely is it, and it would be a bit off for people to start getting with their driving instructor. I dunno it just seems like a schoolgirl crush she's got on him but it could be a deeper thing I dunno, just hope she doesn't get into any trouble etc.

I wouldn't go for a one night stand, + I knew he had a gf. But if he was single and it was clear dating is well on the table then I would've soo gone for it.

As for the actual topic, it does sound like a sort of a teacher crush, especially because of the 'he listens to me' part.
Reply 17
unamed
the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was: there are so many things you can come up with (I can't remember the term for it) with this. Like you did. :sigh: [and I'm normally quite innocent on this front]

I couldn't resist :rolleyes:
Reply 18
I wonder how many girls have secretly fancied their driving instructors, damn it actually sounds like quite a good career then, especially with all the student girls that must be learning to drive. I thought only musicians, and famous people got all the girls, but damn judging by this thread driving instructors get a lot of girls liking them too!
unamed

Puns? XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending