The Student Room Group

Ucas education section and A level in 1 year

Hi,
I would like to ask a question about completing the education section in UCAS.
I got my AS results in june with 6 As Maths units, 3 As Biology units, 3 As Chemistry units.
How can I put them into my UCAS? especially the 6 As Maths units?

UCAS Education section has "GCE Advanced Subsidiary" with 3 units option and "GCE Advanced Level" with 6 units option.
Would like to know if the AS subjects I am carrying on to A2 should just be added in "GCE Advanced Level" option as 3 of the 6 units or should I add them seperately as "GCE Advanced Subsidiary" ?
What abt 6 units in Maths? Can I put the overall grade for my AS Biology and Chemistry/ A level grade for Maths?

My tutor told me I cannot have a grade for A level even I have done 6 units in Maths which people normally do in 2 years. He wants me to put 6 module grades and "pending" at overall A level grade I doubt it. Is it true?
want to know this as well...

do you put AS if you are carrying on to A2...or A2 and keep overall result as pending?
Reply 2
Anyone please reply ? :frown:
Reply 3
infernalcradle
want to know this as well...

do you put AS if you are carrying on to A2...or A2 and keep overall result as pending?

You keep it as pending until your school cashes it in.

ngan_ta2001
My tutor told me I cannot have a grade for A level even I have done 6 units in Maths which people normally do in 2 years. He wants me to put 6 module grades and "pending" at overall A level grade I doubt it. Is it true?

Normally 6 units are spread over 2 years and by not locking them in place you can mix and match with Further Maths to boost your grades.

Unless you're cashing in, which no school will do until the two years is up - everything is left as pending.
Reply 4
DPLSK
You keep it as pending until your school cashes it in.

Normally 6 units are spread over 2 years and by not locking them in place you can mix and match with Further Maths to boost your grades.

Unless you're cashing in, which no school will do until the two years is up - everything is left as pending.

So, Could you look at what I have put for A level Maths ( 6 units )

GCE A level
Maths
Qualification : June/2011
Grade : Pending

C1 A
C2 A
C3 A
C4 A
S1 A
M1 A

Is that right? Can I still put my module A grades and "pending" for overall grade?

I have 1 more question. When I enter module grades which are optional, do I have to enter them all? ( I have 2 A module grades for Bio but another is C )

Thanks so much
Reply 5
ngan_ta2001
So, Could you look at what I have put for A level Maths ( 6 units )

GCE A level
Maths
Qualification : June/2011
Grade : Pending

C1 A
C2 A
C3 A
C4 A
S1 A
M1 A

Is that right? Can I still put my module A grades and "pending" for overall grade?

I have 1 more question. When I enter module grades which are optional, do I have to enter them all? ( I have 2 A module grades for Bio but another is C )

Thanks so much

What you've done there seems fine. I think you can omit grades, but you can't omit the modules you're taking. It's a sneaky way of getting around universities.

Remember to always have what you've done double checked with your teachers. They are better equipped to handle these situations, but I did do this last year.

You're welcome. A little kudos goes a long way in terms of showing gratitude. :yep:
Reply 6
DPLSK
What you've done there seems fine. I think you can omit grades, but you can't omit the modules you're taking. It's a sneaky way of getting around universities.

Remember to always have what you've done double checked with your teachers. They are better equipped to handle these situations, but I did do this last year.

You're welcome. A little kudos goes a long way in terms of showing gratitude. :yep:

Ah! Thanks!! I got it!
However, I have one more question lolz :P
If I put my overall A level Maths grade "pending", would the unis think I want to retake any of them? or just think I will mix some modules with further Maths modules next year to get higher grades ?
As far as I know, putting A level Maths grade "pending" means I have not chosen what modules for Maths or Further Maths. Thus, I can chose and mix Maths and Further Maths modules after I have got all of them next year to get the best grade. Is that true??
Sorry If I made it complicated to understand :smile:
Thanks once again :biggrin:
Reply 7
ngan_ta2001
Ah! Thanks!! I got it!
However, I have one more question lolz :P
If I put my overall A level Maths grade "pending", would the unis think I want to retake any of them? or just think I will mix some modules with further Maths modules next year to get higher grades ?
As far as I know, putting A level Maths grade "pending" means I have not chosen what modules for Maths or Further Maths. Thus, I can chose and mix Maths and Further Maths modules after I have got all of them next year to get the best grade. Is that true??
Sorry If I made it complicated to understand :smile:
Thanks once again :biggrin:

So long as you don't overdo it. Put your worse one or two (preferrably one) as pending. If you do too many they'll smell a resit. Anyway they can only work off the information they've got and not that which they don't have. :yep:

Yes - you can mix and match maths and further maths modules to get the best grade. The rule applies that they'll give the worst X grade possible for Maths so you can get the best X grade possible for further maths. They do it automatically.

However, the specific nature of the prestigious A* would have changed from when I did it. You may wish to look at that.

I think that sorts your queries. Remember a little kudos goes a long way in showing gratitude. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending