The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I spoke to my tutor about this and he said to that it's best to be quite specific about the courses you want to do. I'm having to write about two courses in my PS too and the way that I'm doing it is I'm reading about the modules that'll be taught in the degree (on their websites) and I'm speifically writing what it is I'd like to learn from their particular courses. My tutor also says that the unis I apply for will want to accept me on the basis that I'll be able to contribute my own enthusiasm and ideas and that I should be willing to talk about my wider reading on the subjects before I attend an interview.

Sorry, that's all I can contribute.
znicz
Hi im applying for both physio and audiology this year and am wondering if i can just write my ps about healthcare without specifically mentioning either subject.

Physio is apparently the subject with the highest number of applicants per place, and therefore the most competitive.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Really?? Like more than law or medicine??

Ok I think you've got the basic idea. You do a general overview of healthcare and then specify particular things that interest you about either aspect. Refer to bits of your A-level courses that link in, and specific modules
Reply 4
Bekaboo

Ok I think you've got the basic idea. You do a general overview of healthcare and then specify particular things that interest you about either aspect. Refer to bits of your A-level courses that link in, and specific modules

(sorry this is going really off topic)

How are you a bekaboo - there are six violas in BYO this year - but I'm the only on ein RYO -PM me and say whats happening! (so I dont hi-jack the thread)

Back to ps's...
Bekaboo

Yup... there's this retired Director-Of-Admissions who works with our school and he showed us the statistics. There's very few places in the UK on physio courses I think - probably not huge demand for physiotherapists.

Latest

Trending

Trending