The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To me, that'd be Gerard Butler, possibly? Men of that ilk?
Reply 2
Anonymous
According to a female I'm a big fan of, I'm "Ugly, but in a rugged manly way. It makes you handsome".

What the ****? Can any women please shed some light on whether or not this is a good thing?

Also, does anyone have examples of 'ugly, but handsome' men?

Maybe they just mean you're not metrosexual, pretty-boy handsome and you're more of a manly man?
Reply 3
Anonymous
According to a female I'm a big fan of, I'm "Ugly, but in a rugged manly way. It makes you handsome".

What the ****? Can any women please shed some light on whether or not this is a good thing?

It's a good thing; I have a friend like that. I'd say his face and body are both pretty terrible, but the way he does himself makes his fat self look pretty good, in the most non homo way possible >_>
An oxymoron.
Reply 5
You look like a brute, but in some strange way her fanny is telling her she likes you.

Nothing more to see here, move on.
Reply 6
charismatic, not good looking but maybe your personality or just how you hold yourself makes you attractive
Anonymous

I think I sort of get what she means.
As in you're more rough around the edges, maybe coarser features and not classically handsome- but altogether it contributes to an odd attractiveness.I wouldn't say it's a compliment exactly since she did use the word "ugly" but it could've been worse. Maybe she's referring to your personality, sense of humour or certain je ne sais quoi?
Then again none of us know you two so it's probs best to ask her to clarify what she said. Just so you can stop obsessing over it!
Reply 8
She sounds like a puta. Who calls someone ugly to their face unless it's an evil nemesis you're trying to psychologically destroy bit by bit.
Maybe you're butters at first site, but then when they actually talk to you, you might seem attractive to them?!
Reply 10
doubledot
To me, that'd be Gerard Butler, possibly? Men of that ilk?

If that's what she meant, then I'm sorted :awesome:
Reply 11
About as stupid as saying somebody is handsome but ugly. It makes no sense.

She was just trying to be nice. She thinks you're ugly bro. 'Rugged manly way' just meant that she thinks you're an ugly man.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Maybe like some rugby players. They are battle-scarred, massive, bulging men - but their "ruggedness" still seems to turn women on?
Reply 13
look at a picture of Mick Jagger in the 60's

Face and body were disaster areas (not even very manly) but the chicks loved his rockstar attitude.
Reply 14
she's dumb
Key difference between the genders, when women give you negative feedback they feel guilty about it (if they are doing it to your face) and so will try and throw in a 'but' followed by a lie. Men on the other hand enjoy giving you some negative feedback so are more likely to follow it with a laugh or an unnecessary expansion of the point.

The fact this girl said you were ugly implies that she doesn't fancy you, but she is trying to be nice. Maybe you are safely in the friendzone.
ugly, but handsome? you're making sense, but no sense..
Reply 17
I think i'm the same, not the most attractive guy on the planet but rather manly (tall, big build etc)
Sounds like a dumb bitch to be honest. Who would actually tell someone to their face they are ugly? Sounds like a dumbass.
BJP
Maybe like some rugby players. They are battle-scarred, massive, bulging men - but their "ruggedness" still seems to turn women on?

maybe this. :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending