The Student Room Group

Should I put down my modular grades or not? Opinions please!

Ok so here's what my UCAS form looks like:

(see attachment).

I'm applying for politics at pretty much the top 5 uni's for my course lse/cambridge/durham

GCSEs - 5a*s 6as 1b (whilst taking that AS geog on edexcel in my old school).

Let me know whether you think I should put my module scores down, because I don't know what my uni's will make of them (I hear cam/lse/durham like high module scores etc)...will they see my module scores anyway even if I don't include them on my ucas.

I have valid reasons for at least some (whole school moderated down by 10% in english cwk :angry:), but yeah, let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Reply 1
oh yeah, need opinions before October 15th too ! thanks

fuzzball798
Ok so here's what my UCAS form looks like:

(see attachment).

I'm applying for politics at pretty much the top 5 uni's for my course lse/cambridge/durham

GCSEs - 5a*s 6as 1b (whilst taking that AS geog on edexcel in my old school).

Let me know whether you think I should put my module scores down, because I don't know what my uni's will make of them (I hear cam/lse/durham like high module scores etc)...will they see my module scores anyway even if I don't include them on my ucas.

I have valid reasons for at least some (whole school moderated down by 10% in english cwk :angry:), but yeah, let me know what you think!

Thanks!
If you're applying to Cambridge, they require them ... but they'll get them from their own forms (can't remember what they're called now, but they'll send them out.) As for the others, I would personally omit to disclose my module grades unless they were all very high. For example, with my history A-level, I have some extremely high marks masking some quite low ones, so I got an A overall.
Reply 3
so is that a yes or a no if you were in my position?
No. Definitely not - they always look bad. Any subjects where all your modules were A's, put those down, but otherwise, wait to be asked.
Reply 5
fuzzball798
It's your decision. Cambridge will get them anyway. Otherwise, it's all or nothing. Don't be tempted to put in some and leave others out, as this draws attention to exactly what you are trying to play down.
Reply 6
do you honestly think they're competitive enough to get offers?
fuzzball798

I would say no, don't include module grades unless the unis specifically ask for them, in which case they'll contact you.

Latest

Trending

Trending